In India, bathing soaps are of prime importance due to the already existing weather conditions that make one sweat a lot or the cold conditions that can cause the skin to dry up sooner. Most countries people use shower gels and even a few in India too. But bathing bars are predominantly preferred by people here.
These bathing cakes are in reality much more affordable and eco-friendly than the plastic dispensers. The soaps are easy to use as well as last longer. In this article, I’ve chosen products that are top trusted brands in the country or are indigenous brands.
10 Best Soap Brands in India
Here is the list of top ten most trusted bathing soap brands in India. The list has quite a few Indian companies amongst its ranks. Most of the products were chosen with a unisex appeal as well as its general recommendation for just about anybody being of paramount.
1. Hamam Neem Tulsi & Aloe Vera Soaps
- India’s no.1 trusted brand that has been around for 87 years
- The brand is a symbol of honesty and purity
- Its contains 100% pure neem oil along with tulsi & aloe vera
- It is gentle on the skin but harsh on impurities
- Purifies skin and protects from pollution
2. Himalaya Herbals Neem & Turmeric
- Indian company established 1930 based in Karnataka
- Produces herbal healthcare products
- Neem oil removes dry skin and soothes itchiness
- Turmeric extracts revitalises the skin
- Suitable for both men and women as well as any skin type
3. Godrej Cinthol Original Soap
- A world-renown brand from India, born in 1952
- Grade 1 soap with high TFM ratings
- A soap suggested by doctors for 95% of skin problems
- It has 0% harmful ingredients and is safe to use
- Deodorized fragrance lasts longer than most soaps
4. Pears Soft & Fresh Bathing Bar
- A brand with 200+ years of heritage
- 98% pure glycerin and mint extracts that provide instant freshness
- Each bar is finished by hand and checked by eye
- It is a very refreshing bar to use daily
- It is a sea-blue coloured transparent soap that is packed really well
5. Khadi Sandalwood Soap
- Khadi is an Indian brand that makes herbal beauty and healthcare products established in 1963
- All the products use 100% ayurvedic formations made from herbal ingredients & extracts
- Contains the richness of sandalwood which is famous for its antibacterial properties.
- Dermatologically tested products that are cruelty-free
- Certified by the top organisations including WHO and Ayush
6. Nivea Creme Soap
- Nivea soaps have a TFM > 75% indicating its good cleansing efficacy
- Has a pleasant mild fragrance and is enriched with almond oil
- The new Hydra IQ technology keeps the skin soft at all times
- Best suited for dry skin as it moisturises very well
- It is a unisex soap that has two variants soft & creme
7. Biotique Bio Orange Peel Revitalizing Soap
- Biotique began in 19 with a vision for longevity and sustainability
- Hybrid plants and plant extracts are used to produce high-quality products.
- 100% herbal ingredients and contains no chemicals
- This revitalizing soap is a blend of pure orange oil, orange zest, musk root, walnut, margosa, turmeric and soap nut.
- It is a dark orange soap cylindrical and elongated in shape that comes well packed.
8. Lever Ayush Purifying Turmeric Soap
- Lever Ayush uses 5000 years of ayurvedic wisdom to treat modern-day beauty problems.
- Formulated with Turmeric and Nalpamaradi Tailam
- Nalpamaradi Tailam is a classical oil formulated with Amla, Peepal and Vetiver.
- Turmeric is famous for its antiseptic and healing properties
- It is known to treat skin infection as well as give clear & glowing skin.
9. Fiama Blackcurrant & Bearberry Gel Bar
- Fiama is a product from the house ITC
- It is created using a revolutionary liquid freezing technology
- An exotic bar which combines extracts of blackcurrant & bearberry.
- It is dermatologically tested.
- Leaves the skin clean, smooth and refreshed.
10. Liril Lemon & Tea Tree Oil
- Contains active ingredients like lemon extracts and tea tree oil
- It gives you a long-lasting fragrance and keeps the skin fresh
- Skin retains natural moisture and maintains oils balance
- Removes germs and grime for skin
- The soap is a yellowish coloured bar that is packed quite fancy.
All of the aforementioned soaps are the top trusted brands in India that are widely used by the majority of the population. Amongst them are many Indian brands. This list was curated keeping in mind the affordability, availability and safety of the soap.