Odds are that you have been using the same old body wash for years. Well, there is nothing to be ashamed of. But trends have changed and so are the options. So, stop for a while and check out the latest list of best body wash for women in India that are selling like hot cakes these days.
This list is curated after hours of research and keeping three things in mind:
- Quality & Brand
- Smell & Moisturization
Believe it or not, body wash might be the most underrated beauty product in your daily regime, but it should not be! The truth is that it is the first and foremost item that touches your skin and something that you use on a daily basis. So, pick the one that suits your needs.
10 Good Body Wash for Women to Buy in India
Let me shout this loud and clear – Don’t underestimate a good body wash! The best one can leave your skin nourished, softer, — and of course, healthier — within a few uses. Moreover, it will thwart your body blemishes and make you smell amazing. So, starting with the list, let’s see who makes it in the top three.
1. The Body Shop’s British Rose Shower Gel (250ml)
It’s time to wake up your skin with an irresistibly dewy fragrance of roses. This shower gel is infused ideally with hand-picked roses exclusively from Britain just to ensure that you feel bloomingly beautiful.
The reason it’s the best body wash for women in India is due to two things “fragrance and consistency.” This shower gel is a little thicker and yet has a perfect consistency that you might be looking for. Just a little amount of it is enough to lather up well, with/without a loofah. So this means that the 250 ml package will last for a long time. On the other hand, the fragrance is equally refreshing and soothing, making you feel as if you’re in a field of roses.
- Soap-free cleanser
- Essence of British roses
- Rose scented & Lather rich
- Very gentle on skin
- Nourishes your skin
- Makes you feel refreshed
- Long lasting and smells great
- Lathers well with or without the loofah
- No much drawbacks found
2. Neutrogena’s Rejuvenating Rainbath Shower Gel (473 ml)
Okay, so I don’t think that a brand like Neutrogena doesn’t need any introduction. It is a well renowned brand and no wonder it is another top-rated and best shower gel for women in India right now.
Neutrogena rain bath shower gel conditions and softens the skin without leaving any heavy residue behind. And that’s something I love the most. Next, I want to highlight its fragrance here. Well, in a single word – it’s “unique.” It has a blend of fruits, spices, herbs, and yet manages to give off a clean smell. You’ll feel that freshness burst the moment you apply it.
- Has a moisturizing lather
- Smells clean, refreshing, and unique
- Rejuvenates your skin
- Light golden and viscous texture
- Smooth on the body
- Brilliant packaging
- Neither too thick nor too runny
- Works great on loofah, washcloth, or hands
- The price is a little high
3. Nivea Creme Soft Body Wash for Women (250 ml)
To be honest, I’m pretty smitten by the Nivea brand. I’ve been a fan of their products and have been using them for years and years now. I am a person who usually keeps trying new body washes to see which has a good fragrance and lasts long.
Therefore, when the time came to buy a good body wash, I picked up Nivea’s creme rich body wash for women. Trust me, this is a brilliant product. It left my skin 100% moisturized and the texture was nice. It was neither too runny nor too thick. Also, the fragrance isn’t overpowering. It is mild enough to keep me fresh.
- Balances your pH levels
- Contains almond oil.
- Dermatologically tested
- Produces a great amount of foam
- Leaves the skin smooth and slippery
- A little amount is enough
- Contains Parabens
4. Dove Deep Nourishing Body Wash for Women (800 ml)
The list of best body wash in India would be incomplete if i didn’t mention about “Dove.” So, this brand doesn’t need any introduction because we all have been seeing their ads for a long time now. Though they come up with different versions of body washes from time to time, they took their supremely moisturizing creamy body wash and created even more nourishing.
This body wash is creamy, rich, and hydrates deeply, ensuring the skin is soft and pliant just after a sudsy shower. The best thing about this body wash is that it has super mild cleansers tucked in a huge, fat layer of moisture. So, this means that this strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier and yet ensures that it removes oil and dirt, than just chipping away like other washes.
- Long lasting sweet fragrance
- Leaves the skin moisturized
- Cleans effectively and has a rich lather
- Affordable and easily available
- Improves the skin quality
- A little is enough for an entire shower
- It’s ultra-hydrating properties may not make it great for summer
5. Love Beauty & Planet’s Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Body Wash (400 ml)
If you’re looking for the best body wash for glowing skin in India, then the one from Love Beauty & Planet is certainly the one. This might be a new brand in the market and chances are that you might not have heard of them but the quality of their products are so good that they managed to earn a name and become one of the best selling brands today.
So, recharge with a bang of energizing freshness, as it’s infused with revitalizing coconut water & mimosa flower, making sure that your skin is deliciously soft & smooth.
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Blended with mimosa flowers & coconut water
- Free from Parabens, Silicone, and Sulfate
- Hydrates and refreshes the skin
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Contains organic coconut oil too
- Fragrance is too strong. So, you might not like it if you’re looking for something mild
6. WOW Foaming Body Wash with Japanese Cherry Blossom (250 ml)
WOW has become a renowned brand today. Their portfolio boasts a wide range of products that are not only natural but also reasonably priced. Speaking of the best body wash in India in specific, I cannot overlook WOW for sure.
Though they have many different body washes for women out there, their Cherry Blossom version is one of the best in the market. It is packaged with floral fragrance and luscious fruity notes. It also has skin-loving bioactives like vitamin E and shea butter, which gives that lavish lather you’re looking for from a good body wash.
- Gentle skin cleanser
- Has a fruity-floral fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
- Suits every skin type
- Cruelty free, gluten free, and 100% vegan
- Leaves the skin soft & pampered
- Contains Shea Butter and Vitamin E
- Free from harmful sulphates, mineral oils, parabens, silicones
- Not much drawbacks found
7. Palmolive Luminous Oils Refreshing Shower Gel (250 ml)
If you’re looking for an optimal body gel in India, then this is certainly the best choice. Reasonably priced and blended with fig oil, botanical oils, and orchid A skincare formula, this body wash is gentle and yet cleanses your skin thoroughly.
This body wash gives that radiant, soft, beautiful, and glowing skin. While the Fig Oil cleans and tightens the skin pores, White orchid extracts enhances moisturization. The fragrance is not too powerful. It is pleasing – something that invigorates your senses every time you bathe.
- Non-greasy and refreshing
- Has luminous oils
- Hypoallergenic & non-irritating
- Subtle & sweet scent
- Great packaging
- Foams & cleanses effectively
- Gives deep moisture
- A little quantity is enough for a single use
- Contains SLS
- Not travel-friendly
8. Pears Detoxifying Aloe Vera Body Wash (250 ml)
I personally love products that have natural ingredients in them. I really felt that big brands might not be able to meet that requirements, as I was seeing only smaller brands manufacturing them. But I was totally wrong after seeing Pears. Looks like they have understood the market needs and have created their all-new Aloe Vera Body Wash.
Blended with the goodness of natural ingredients, this body wash is designed to give you beautiful and glowing skin. The pure glycerine in it leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. Besides aloe vera, it also has organic olive oil. It cleans your skin gently and helps you feel refreshed.
- 100% soap-free formula
- Gentle on the skin
- Olive oil’s antioxidants protects the skin
- Free from parabens
- Environmental friendly: Co
- Leaves the skin glowing and refreshed
- Lathers really well
- Mild & soothing fragrance
- Not recommended for sensitive skin. You might develop redness and rashes
9. Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel (300 ml)
Bath & Body Works is yet another admired brand known for making some of the best body washes for women in India. Their shower gels have a magnificent smell and come in various flavours.
Though there is a lot of variety, their japanese cherry blossom body wash is heavily admired and has positive reviews as well as ratings. It gives a cleaner and softer skin with regular use. The consistency is rich, bubbly, and lathers quickly. And speaking of its fragrance, it bursts with sweetness – as if you’re standing in Japan surrounded with lots of cherry blossom trees.
- Moisturizing aloe & vitamin E combination
- Has shea butter, japanese cherry blossoms, mimosa petals, and sandalwood
- Gentle on the skin
- Suits all skin types
- Leaves the skin refreshing and relaxed
- Smells good
- Has a nice lather
- Very expensive
10.Arata’s Non-Drying Coconut & Citrus Body Wash (300 ml)
Finally, on the list of best body wash for women in India is none other than Arata. Chances are that you might not have heard of this brand but I’ve used their products for a while and they are great. I got them from Sephora but wasn’t aware that they are on Amazon too.
They have recently gained a lot of popularity and this particular body wash has a good amount of positive ratings as well as reviews. So, I thought I’ll add them up in my list. The reason I’m listing them as last is not because the quality is poor but purely because the brand isn’t that popular when compared to Nivea & Dove. If this wasn’t the reason, I would have listed them either at #3 or #4.
Okay, speaking of this body wash, it comes packed with natural ingredients like coconut & citric extracts in order to ensure that your skin is well-hydrated and moisturized. These ingredients are great if you’re looking for a body wash that is plant-based.
- Deep cleans the skin from pollutants & dirt
- Gentle on the skin
- Leaves the skin supple, squeaky clean, and shiny
- Great for those who live in polluted urban environments, and those who want a gentle cleansing experience.
- Non-drying and hydrating
- Clean-rinsing lather
- Suits all age groups, skin types, and genders
- Free from Triclosan, Phosphates, Formaldehyde, MEA, SLES, DEA, TEA
- No much drawbacks found
What is a Body Wash?
A body wash (also called shower gel or shower cream) is a specialised liquid product, which helps in cleansing the body during a shower. It shouldn’t be confused with liquid soaps, as they don’t contain saponified oils.
A body wash uses synthetic detergents that are derived either from plant sources or petroleum. Shower gels & Body washes have a low pH value when compared to traditional soaps. That’s the reason why they make your skin feel less dry after every use.
What is Body Wash Used For?
A body wash is used to help get rid of excess oil, dirt, bad odour, and sweat from your skin. It helps in leaving the skin smell good, moisturized, and refreshed.
A body wash is pretty much the same as a soap – especially when speaking of the way it creates that lather. However, there are some key differences, which sets both the products apart. While some may choose a good body wash and others might go with a soap. But this is completely one’s choice and has got a lot to do with personal preferences and skin sensitivity. Soaps are really harsh and can be more abrasive than body wash. A good body wash or shower gel, particularly formulas that have moisturizers, is far more gentle on the skin.
5 Best Benefits of Using a Body Wash
Soap bars aren’t a thing of the past. However, it’s more like an hygiene standard. That’s exactly why it is always good to explore a few options while cleansing your body. And that’s exactly where body wash comes in.
Since a lot has been said about body washes, I’m here to tell you about the benefits you can get from them after regular use.
1. A little amount goes a very long way
The best benefit of using a body wash is the quantity you use. Unlike soaps, where you have to keep rubbing, a decently small amount of body wash can go an extremely long way. Even better, when you use it with a washcloth or a loofah, it can easily cover your entire body too fast. On the other hand, a soap bar melts a lot more and gets over soon too.
2. Makes the skin feel less dry
One of the best benefits of using a body wash is that it leaves your skin moisturized and nourished. When compared to usual soap bars, a body wash doesn’t dry your skin. The moisturizing properties usually come from the creams and oils that go into the formulation.
3. Far more hygienic than a soap bar
If you pay attention to your bathroom setting, you will notice that your soap bar sits on the soap dish or perhaps, in the shower caddy. Well, you cannot help it if it gets caught up in excess water, melting it out even if it’s not being used. Moreover, your soap bar is an ideal place for different types of bacterias unless it’s not covered up. Also, others might use it too and you won’t have any idea about it.
4. Easy and quick to rinse off
Given that the texture of the body wash is smooth, nice, and you would use only a little amount of it, it is easy and fast to rinse it off. And even if you use it in excess, it wouldn’t be a problem. It comes off easily.
5. Saves both time and money
A bottle of good body wash indeed saves you time and money. Speaking of time, it’s ideal because you’ve paired with a washcloth or loofah. When you do this, you can exfoliate your skin gently while washing as well as moisturizing simultaneously. This saves a plenty of time. And it lasts longer than soap and thus, stopping you from buying too often.
How to Buy a Body Wash?
These are a few important factors to consider while buying a body wash:
1. Look for glycerine, vitamin E, and other natural ingredients
While buying a body wash, check if it has glycerine, vitamin E, or other natural ingredients like shea butter to bind that moisture into your skin. This ensures that your skin isn’t dry, keeping it soft and supple.
2. Go for moisturizing body wash if you have dry skin
We all love options, which have hydrating ingredients, especially if you have dry skin. Unlike a rough soap bar or light shower gel, a good moisturising body wash comes with a creamy lotion, which ensures that your skin is deeply nourished. Using it on a daily basis, it adds moisture from the first use.
A clinically tested, moisturizing body wash that has a creamy, rich lather, infused with some organic ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, or coconut butter does a great help. It helps lock all that moisture in.
3. Avoid the ones with harmful chemicals
Buy a body wash that isn’t harsh on your skin. Prevent the ones that have sodium lauryl sulfate & ammonium lauryl sulfate. Both these chemicals can cause irritation. On the other hand, DEA ingredients like Cocamide-DEA are proven carcinogens, which might put your health at risk.
4. Natural scents or artificial fragrances
Perhaps, you can’t resist the wonderful scents of vanilla, but the fact is that all synthetic shower gels use artificial fragrances in order to create the fragrance that you like. On the other hand, organic-based shower gels have natural scents coming from essential oils. So, always look for either the “scientific name” or the “natural ingredient name.”
5. Buy a body wash that suits your skin type
- Sensitive skin: Use a body wash that not only has moisturizers but also is free from artificial dyes and fragrances. Glycerin is found in most gels and washes. This helps your skin to hold the moisture in.
- Dry skin: Use a body wash that doesn’t have harsh detergents. Also, look for something that is extremely moisturizing. For instance, Shea butter or cocoa butter are excellent moisturizers. So, look for a product that has these.
- Acne-prone skin: Use a body wash that has exfoliating qualities because this helps in removing all the dead cells from your skin and yet keeps the pores open. For this, tea tree oil is an excellent ingredient because it reduces inflammation.
How to Use a Body Wash?
Using a body wash is simple:
- Step 1: Rinse the loofah or washcloth with water first so that it’s wet.
- Step 2: Take a little amount of the body wash on your loofah.
- Step 3: Rub it on your body. Do not use it on your face.
- Step 4: Rinse off with warm water.
- Step 5: Gently pat dry with a clean towel.
It’s time to turn your shower to a spa experience. The body washes listed here have a fresh fragrance and work perfectly to rejuvenate the skin deeply with a moisturizing, rich lather.This ensure that your skin is smoother softer, and renewed. The best part of using a body wash is that it doesn’t leave any residue behind.