Hygiene is an indispensable factor especially in the pandemic era. You find yourself running to take a shower each time you step out and back. This has resulted in the rise of the shopping spree to choose the right body wash – be it for men or women. We are here to discuss the Top 10 Best Body Wash for Men in India. Unfortunately, the self care aisle of Indian Supermarket is ploughed with women’s body washes but the men seem to have a tough time finding a variety to choose from. Fret not as we are here to discuss the best body wash for men and in great detail. These products are chosen whilst keeping men’s active lifestyle as well as their skin type in mind.
The Top 10 Best Body Wash for Men | Product Reviews
1. Every Man Jack Body Wash
The Every Man Jack body wash comes in a huge half litre bottle that lasts for a long time. Despite the cost it feels like an investment because, well that’s how men are! No need for reminders to get a new one for the next couple months. The refreshing cedarwood scent gives you an oriental touch Fragrance and effectively cleanses skin off dirt and pollution.
- A vegan product made with real cedarwood extracts that cleanses the skin deeply and leaves it squeaky clean
- Rosemary and Sage extracts add a refreshing aroma that lasts for quite a while and gives off a unique musky scent
- No SLS, phthalates, dyes, parabens are added. It’s even artificial fragrance free.
- Expensive (but worth for the quality and quantity)
2. The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash
Tea tree oil is an effective cleaning agent and works towards keeping the skin acne and blemish free. The tea tree oil is purchased from fair price community trade in Kenya thereby helping the direct supplier communities as well. The packaging is very basic but appealing.
- Tea tree extracts from kenya helps in regular cleansing without stripping off natural oil from the skin
- Helps in keeping blemishes and skin issues away due to its antibacterial properties
- Refreshing tea tree scent in a mild formula perfect for everyday use.
- The smell may irritate some who do not like it.
3. Bath and Body Works Bourbon Men’s 2 in 1 Hair and Body Wash
The Bourbon body wash is a shampoo cum body wash and has an easy to work with, mild formula. The body wash is made from extracts from spices and oak to give the warm feeling of bourbon to the mix. The body wash exudes class and the fragrance is quite remarkable.
- The formula is light and lathers up when mixed with water to yield a gentle foam that cleanses the skin effectively
- Leaves the skin with a very pleasing warm and spicy aroma that is quite long lasing and keeps the you smelling fresh
- Extracts of white pepper, dark amber and Kentucky oak is used to give the classic bourbon feel and fragrance
- Not too suitable for oily skin
4. Nivea Men Shower Gel Active Clean Body Wash
The Nivea Men Shower Gel comes with in dark black 250ml big bottle with a grip that exudes masculinity The pitch black gel texture contains activated charcoal to attract and wash off dirt and grime to yield fresh, clean and refreshed skin everyday
- The formula has extracts of mint and charcoal to deep cleanse the skin and remove impurities by attracting it to the activated charcoal like a magnet
- The smell is very pleasing and has a musky after-effect which is quite masculine
- The gel formula laters up quite well and can be worked into a foam texture using a loofh for a generous shower experience
- Contains SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate)
5. L’Occitane Shower Gel
The L’Occitane shower gel comes in an attractive plastic bottle with a precision cao on top. The formula is mild and rich and smells like a meadow. Despite the soft scent, the body wash effectively cleans the skin and leaves the skin feeling and looking brighter.
- The formula is made from the extracts of Lavandin which is a hybrid of lavender but has anti-microbial properties aside from smelling amazing
- The formula has a long lasting scent and the hydration is locked in the skin much after your shower making you feel warm and cosy
- The body wash also has warm spices from nutmeg and burnt amber for the musky fragrance that helps you feel relaxed and soothes the skin.
- Beware of counterfeit products
6. L’Oreal Paris Men’s Expert Total Clean Carbon 5 in 1 Shower Gel
The L’oreal Paris Men’s Expert Total Clean Carbon 5 in 1 Shower Gel helps you not only as a refreshing body cleaning aid, it also helps to cleanse your hair, beard and for shaving purposes. It softens the skin and moisturises the skin from deep within. Leaves you feeling thoroughly clean and refreshed.
- The Total Clean Carbon has an activated charcoal base that attracts germs, dirt and grease and cleanses the skin effectively leaving it squeaky clean
- The refreshing deodorant formula makes you smell pleasant and smelling freshly showered all day long
- This product can also act as a pre-shaving gel to soften the skin and hair so that it can be wiped clean with a razor.
- Packaging error seems to be common for this product
7. St. D’Vence Tea Tree Body Wash with Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil
This unisex body wash is great for men with very active lifestyles. The formula is rich and gently cleanses the skin but tough on body odour and germ build up. The fragrance is fantastic and keeps you smelling fresh all day. The extracts of oils have benefits beyond comparison.
- The formula has rich extracts of essential oils that help in soothing and healing the skin – it can even soothe tired and achy muscles
- The peppermint and eucalyptus oil extracts fight against skin infections rashes and help in keeping your skin from germs
- The refreshing and pleasing aroma is somewhat of an aroma therapy for the skin with every single wash. It has no SLS, parabens, phthalates, PEG, artificial color or fragrance added
- Does not lather
8. Kama Ayurveda Himalayan Deodar Body Cleanser
If you are someone who loves to keep it clean and simple, you will love this body wash. The formula is enriched with ayurvedic extracts of cedrus deodara and lime and cleanses the skin without any harmful chemicals and with no artificial fragrance.
- The formula lathers up well for gentle but effective cleaning of dirt and oil from the body and does not leave the skin dry and ripped off of moisture
- Extracts of cedrus deodara which is a wood with antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that help you fight this pandemic situation one step at a time
- The lime extracts helps in polishing the skin and keeps the skin clean, smelling fresh and buffs of dead skin cells. It also makes the skin tone radiant.
- May not be suitable for dry skin
9. Man Arden Arabian Oudh Body Wash
The Man Arden Arabian Oudh body wash has a super creamy texture that makes your skin feel like a luxury bathing ground. The moisture is retained perfectly even after multiple hour and the fragrance is just mesmerising with the essence and goodness of real Arabian Oudh
- With extracts of glycerin and arabian oudh which is a bark of Aquilaria Tree from the heart of Arabia – helps keep your skin soft and smelling amazing for hours
- Effectively cleans the skin with its creamy formula but the skin is not stripped off of its natural oils – no SLS, parabens or artificial chemicals are used here
- The soap free formula is safe for everyday use and the formula is gentle and mild so as to keep your skin soft and supple all year through.
- Does not lather very well
10. The Man Company Deep Cleansing Activated Charcoal Body Wash
The Deep Cleansing Body wash comes in a brown bottle with a click-top and has a light gel formula that thoroughly rinses off without the soapy feeling and leaves your skin fresh and clean. The extracts of oils used smell very pleasing and the formula has no added chemicals!
- The activated charcoal base thoroughly cleanses the skin and removes dead skin cells and helps the skin reveal its natural glow
- The formula is best for oily and acne prone skin users as the charcoal and cinnamon oil extracts combats skin issues and treats pimples
- Lemongrass is a natural anti-microbial plant and its extracts fight skin infections and rashes caused from heat and allergy
- Limited to oily skin
Buying guide – Choosing the right body wash
Body washes are pivotal when it comes to personal hygiene. Unlike soap, body washes are untouched by hand and therefore are much safer for use. Before you buy a body wash, you must know what your expectations are from the body wash and what you actually need in the first place based on your requirements and lifestyle
Choose the right texture
Body wash can either be cream or gel. Creamy body washes are more for mornings and leave the skin hydrated and nourished. Gel based body washes are more tough and wash off oil and dirt from the body. These kinds of body washes do tend to make the skin dry. Based on your requirement, you must choose the right texture of your body wash.
Know your skin type
Just like the texture of the body wash, one must also know what skin type you are working with. Oily skin benefits mostly from gel based body washes whereas dry and dull skin types benefit from using oil based cream body washes. Choose your poison.
Heavy duty or mild body wash
For a tough day spent out in the sun, you need a body wash that soothes and cleanses the skin. On the other hand, for gentle skin that is easily irritated by chemicals, you need a mild body wash made with organic ingredients. For skin that is exposed to pollution and dirt needs a body wash that can do away the oil and greasiness from the body. Based on the requirement, the body wash must be chosen.
Skin’s pH level
While picking a body wash, remember to choose the one which is close to your skin’s pH. Which means that the body wash must be close to neutral and gentle on the skin. Avoid harmful chemicals such as sulphates, parabens and other harsh toxic items that can ruin the skin and make it look older and damaged. If preferred, you could also go artificial color and fragrance free.
After body wash care
Make sure you use the body wash with lukewarm water as this helps in opening the pores on the skin and effectively clean it. The body wash can easily dissolve the dirt and make you feel completely refreshed and squeaky clean. Post a shower, do apply a body lotion to keep your skin hydrated as the washing process can take away the body’s natural oils and make you feel hydrated. For stepping out, apply a lotion with SPF for added sun protection.
So there you go, these are the Top 10 Best Body Wash for men in India. These body washes are critically acclaimed by users and we have gone in great depths to collate the reviews of users based on these factors – chemical free quotient, moisturising quotient, value for money, brand trust and user reviews.
Based on these parameters we have measured the rating for each body wash on a scale of 1 to 10. We have included best body wash for oily skin and best body wash for sensitive skin as well as these are the predominant skin types in India.