Epilators are similar to razors but different in the way it works and the methodology. Epilators have a series of blades that are powered by batteries to pull in your body hair and pluck them from the base. Because the hair is plucked from the roots, the hair growth is progressively slowed down and the hair eventually becomes thinner and easy to remove.
In this article, we will be going through 10 of the best epilators in the market and comparing them against our standard 5 categories.
Click here to see how we rank our products.
Top 10 Best Epilators for Women in India | Product Review
1. Braun Silk Epilator – Wet and Dry | Cordless | with 6 extra attachments
Braun is a worldwide leader in epilator solutions and can very well be the first company to ever take epilation devices to the forefront. Braun has a variety of epilators based on your requirement – Corded, Cordless, Dry, Wet and Dry etc. This product here is their ultimate combination of all the best features.
The Braun Silk Epilator comes in a sturdy and smart design with a round touch navigator to change modes. It also comes with 6 attachments to suit various body types and for different parts of the body. The head of the device has 40 close clip tweezers which is perfect for even the shortest of hair. The device has a built in massager as well.
- 40 tweezers for up-close shave for perfect hair removal that lasts upto 4 weeks
- Ergonomic design with 6 attachments to use for trimming and shaving for sensitive areas
- Cordless feature to facilitate use anywhere and anytime without the hassle of cords
- Virtually painless experience with time
- Very expensive (but totally worth it!)
2. Philips Norelco Satinelle Epilator
Philips is a home staple when it comes to grooming accessories and this one is their best offering yet. The Philips Norelco Satinelle Epilator is a much talked about product due to its stunningly compact look. It is one of the most ergonomically pleasing products out there. But don’t be fooled by the size!
The Philips Norelco Satinelle Epilator has 21 tweezers in its head that can remove hair that is as short as 0.5mm. The small and compact design will fit inside the palm of your hand perfectly. The device comes with an efficiency cap to minimise pulling in sensitive areas.
- Efficient epilator head with 21 tweezers that give you up-close epilation to make sure that hair is pulled from the roots
- Fresh and dark fragrance
- The device is handy and can fit in your pocket. The design resembles the palm and can easily glide to tough spots such as the back of your knees, calves and forearms
- The device comes with 2 speed settings to alter between coarse and fine hair. The device also comes with an efficiency cap for sensitive areas such as bikini line.
- The device runs with a cord which makes it difficult to use and carry.
3. Braun Epilator Silk Epil | Wet and Dry Epilator for Women
Since Braun is such a top notch product and has so many great epilators in its range, we are reaching out to a second epilator from the same brand. Now this is a bit more expensive and that is why it’s in the 3rd spot but it’s a blessing in disguise when it comes to epilation!
The Braun Silk Epil Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator is similar to the first product in the list but has 2 additional attachments (making it a total of 8). The device has 40 tweezers which helps in close epilation.
- The device has a pivoting head that glides with the contours of the body. The 40 tweezers offer extra smooth skin with maximum hair removal thanks to the close grip technology.
- The high frequency massager actively stimulates the skin so that you don’t feel the sting at all.
- The attachments include a facial cap, a sensitive area cap, an efficiency cap for close shaving, a massaging cap, a trimmer cap and a shaver head.
- Very expensive (there are literally no other cons)
4. Philips Corded Compact Epilator
Again, Philips has so many great pilators that it was tough to choose just the one. This is a more affordable version of the Philips Norelco Satinelle Epilator. This device is quite attractive in its white and pink design and extremely compact size.
The Philips Corded Compact Epilator does more than one can ask for. The functionalities are similar to the Satinelle Epilator. The only difference being the tweezers which are fewer than the Norelco Satinelle Epilator. But the device is very efficient for a salon style freshly waxed skin effect on your body.
- The efficient epilation system removes hair from the roots with 2 speed settings to alternate between thick and thin body hair
- The device head is completely waterproof and can be safely used on wet skin in the shower. The head can also be detached completely for washing and cleanup
- The device operates at 15 volts and has a powerful epilator to pull evn hair as short as 0.5mm from the deep skin roots.
- Comes with a cord which makes it difficult to use in places without a power socket
5. Remington Smooth and Silky 5 in 1 Titanium Coated Cordless Epilator
Remington is a brand with a range of salon products that can be used effectively at home. Remington hair dryers, hair straighteners, heated paddle brushes, curlers all are amazing products that help you skip the parlour visits and style at home. Same goes for the Remington Smooth and Silky 5 in 1 Cordless Epilator. This product gives you freshly waxed-like skin in just a few seconds right at home.
The Remington Smooth and Silky Epilator is quite new to the Indian market but it is very popular abroad with a satisfactory reputation with users. The epilator head has 40 tweezers with titanium coating to prevent against the effects of water. It can be safely used while in shower as well as when it’s dry.
- The product claims to remove 60% of hair within just one swipe over the body hair area
- The tweezers are capable of removing the shortest of hair with its powerful 40 tweezers coated with Titanium
- Comes with 2 speed settings and 6 attachments to alternate between sensitive areas and efficiency epilation areas. The massager cap is coated with aloe vera to provide soothing effect
- Too expensive for the offering
6. Panasonic ES WU41P Epilator
Panasonic offers a wide variety of electronic grooming solutions. Panasonic is a China based brand with a huge range of electronics and grooming solutions for the Indian market. The Panasonic ES WU41P is their only epilator and has some really good comments from its users. Many people swear by its effect on skin.
The product has a rotatable and super sleek epilator head. The powerful tweezers can remove hair quite efficiently with its wide tweezers. The design is very elegant and compact. The device is corded but is very easy to carry around.
- The device comes with 3 attachments – wide head for thick hair, narrow head for finer hair, shower head with bikini comb for sensitive areas such as bikini line.
- The tweezer head has a width of 24mm which makes sure most hair is removed efficiently within the first swipe.
- The epilator has 30% faster rotation disk and can pull short hair from their roots in an efficient manner.
- Product is corded making it tough to use in places without a power socket.
7. Remington EP7030 Womens Deluxe Rechargeable Hair removal system
Remington has many epilators to offer and therefore, we picked out our second favourite and fit into this list of best epilators. The Remington Womens Deluxe Epilator is a slightly cheaper version of the 5 in 1 epilator we discussed. But the efficiency of both is quite comparable.
The Remington EP7030 Epilator is a fast epilator with a wide epilator head and has 5 attachments to suit the different body parts. The epilator is rechargeable making it perfect for users on the move. The device is elegant and compact and is waterproof.
- The device comes with a wide cap, a narrow cap, a massager cap, a trimmer cap and a sensitive area cap. Each suited for its various applications
- The epilator can be used dry or in the shower over wet skin to remove hair. The massager cap coated with aloe vera makes epilation more painless and soothing after use.
- The device has a cord that charges the device much faster and can be used for a couple hours without having to connect the cord. Makes it perfect to carry on your vacations.
- Expensive product
8. Nova NLS 532 Sensi-Trim Epilator (For Face)
Nova is a grooming and wellness brand and is common in the indian market. The brand offers a few trimmers and shavers for women. This particular product is especially for facial hair. The facial attachments are made to suit hair on the upper lip, chin, brows and jawline.
The Nova NLS 532 Sensi-Trim is made to suit the Indian facial skin. Facial hair removal is a task for women who have speedy hair growth. This requires much precision unlike body hair epilation. Kudos to Nova, the epilator is well designed to suit all kinds of facial hair.
- The epilator comes with 5 attachments that are designed to suit each part of the face – upper lip area, chin, jawline, eyebrows, forehead and cheek.
- The epilator is washable and waterproof. Can be used on wet face for pinfree experience
- The device can be used cord free for upto 45 mins. It is very elegant and compact and is suitable to carry anywhere
- Only useful for facial hair
9. Lifelong EP01 Epilator
Lifelong is an uncommon but native brand to Indian market. The brand has a few shavers, razors and trimmers in the market and many users swear by its efficacy. It is a fairly decent product which gets the job done with ease. Bonus points to its highly affordable price range.
The product resembles a philips epilator and has a very compact design. The tweezers are powerful and can remove most hair with one stroke. It is a dry epilator and can be charged and used as a cordless epilator at any point of time.
- Very handy and compact – the shape allows easy access to all hidden spots. Easy to carry and portable wto places without a power socket thanks to its cordless feature
- The epilator head is flexible and rotates as per requirement making it easy to glide the contours of the body.
- The powerful epilator can remove most hair with just one stroke. For complete hair removal and for soft skin, run the epilator a few times where there is thick hair.
- No massager cap or any additional attachment
10. Babila Lady Shaver and Epilator
Babila is a new entrant in the epilator market. The brand has a few grooming accessories and more cosmetic accessories in the market. This epilator is quite basic but definitely a good one for epilation novices. If you need to start somewhere, you can definitely start with this one.
The Babila Lady shaver has a very basic design with a shaver cap option. The design is very feminine with a on/off switch. The epilator head is stainless steel and is water-resistant. Its very easy to clean the device, just pop it under the faucet after use and clean the epilator head with ease.
- It is a full body epilator and the most affordable epilator on this list but definitely gets the job done
- It is both cord free and corded so you can use it alternatively. The charge lasts for upto 4 hours
- The epilator also has a shaver head which makes it easy to switch over to shaving in tough spots or for thick hair
- The device does not come with a massager which makes epilation a bit tricky
- The charging time is much higher
These are the Top 10 best epilators for Women in India. Make sure you follow the instructions on the package religiously before using the product on yourself. Epilation is much trickier than regular shaving in the bathroom so make sure you get used to handling the device and the way it works on the skin. It is true that epilation is painful but it is definitely not as painful as waxing. The first few times you might feel a tugging sensation and a zing but you will eventually get used to it. Before you know, you would be epilating while enjoying a pizza and playing your favourite music on.
Tips to keep in mind during hair removal using an Electric Epilator
Before you start ordering your first epilator (which you should), here are some handy tips to make sure you have a friendly beginning to epilation using an electric epilator and the do’s and don’ts of epilation.
1. Do not fuss too much about the pain
Trust me, I have been there. The first time I used an electric Epilator, I was petrified of the pain. But within the first minute in, I knew it was more bark than bite. So don’t fuss too much about the pain and concentrate on the goodies – that is the fresh clean shaven sensation you would be experiencing a few seconds from then. Trust me, it is totally worth it.
2. Research your product well before buying one
Buying an epilator is definitely an investment. Most epilators in the market are somewhat expensive and buying one needs a good amount of research. Choose a product from this list and run it by your daily requirement and your skin type. Choose the epilator carefully as you are bound to spend the next 3 to 5 years with it as these products are bound to stick around for a while.
3. Epilation Techniques
Place your hand perpendicular to your skin and move in an upward direction, opposite to the growth of the hair in a slow movement so that you give the device the time to carefully pull the hair out. Do not use swift movements as this will not give you good results. Run the device gently so that the massager, if you have any also massages the skin meanwhile. If you have a dry epilator make sure you do not wet your skin in the littlest or use any moisturiser as this prevents hair from being completely removed.
4. Skincare pre and post epilation
Make sure your skin is clean and prepped for epilation. A hot shower will keep your skin and hair warm and supple and make epilation easier. Wet epilators are not as effective as dry epilators, so try to keep your skin dry enough to use an epilator despite the fact that it is either a dry or a wet epilator. After epilation, apply a natural aloe vera gel or coconut or olive oil to soothe the skin and calm the skin down. Do not apply heavy products, sunscreen, soap or lotion for the next couple hours.
5. Choose your epilation time
If you are a beginner, chances are that you might have a rash or redness based on the first hand experience of epilation. GIve yourself enough time and choose a day or two prior to your expected big day for which you were preparing yourself. Redness and rash or clots on the first few times are normal and there is nothing to be alarmed about. The skin will eventually get used to the process. The hair will also be thinner and grow much slower once you start epilating regularly.
We have classified judging parameters for the best Epilators for Men and Women into 5 categories. These categories help in determining the different points to consider before buying an Epilator.
This is the quality of materials, the feel and the design of the product, the ergonomic convenience of the product and how easy it is to use and carry the product by the user.
Safety is of utmost importance as the epilators can be both corded or cordless and this means that they need to be fully safe and trustworthy to use on our skin. Epilation can also be done to your face and sensitive parts such as the bikini line therefore it is best to be sure that the device is 100% safe to use.
Value for Money
However good the epilator is, it needs to fit into the bracket of either of our budget categories. It is important that it gives the best value for money in that category. An epilator is mostly steeply priced but it’s a one time investment rather than spending the same money in parts at the parlour.
This generally speaks of the claims and promises made by the brand such as how well the epilator removes hair, softens the skin, gives a smooth gliding effect, keeps hair from growing back very soon etc.
This is a collective report of all the reviews we found on the internet for that particular product so that you don’t need to go browsing the internet for the same.
It is a cumulative score of all the said ratings along with the opinion of the editor.