Men wearing makeup and men taking care of their skin has been frowned upon by the society for ages but now with the era of social media influencers, there has been a shift, men are owning up to using makeup and being vigilant with their skin care routines. I have been completely adoring this change in momentum and am fully supportive of it.
Men taking care of their skin, selectively choosing appropriate products and using them religiously is an absolute flex. If you haven’t been doing it already, it’s about time you start.
Here, I have curated for you the top 10 best face creams that you absolutely need to check out, they are the cream of the crop and you are going to end up wanting them all.
10 Best Face Creams For Men In India | Product Reviews
1. Kiehl’s Men’s Moisturizer
Being an oily skinned person myself, I know how annoying it is to feel like your skin is always icky and sticky. The T zone is a whole different story, it can employ oil miners with ease. This face cream from Kiehl’s is a perfect antidote for your oily skin, it is going to solve all your oily skin troubles and make you feel joyful and elated with the results. It is an ultra-absorbent, ultralight moisturizer developed with “space age” aerolite technology with the goodness of totara wood extracts and glycerine that leave your skin feeling smooth, soft, shine free and devoid of all the oil and sweat.
- The tube comes with 75 ml of the product, it looks fancy, a clear gel with suspended particles in it
- The product is made with aerolite technology and has totara wood extracts that help absorb the sweat and oil, the other ingredients include glycerine, menthol capryloyl glycine, and polysorbate-20 and so on
- The cream claims to absorb moisture and oil off the surface of skin, cover pores leaving you with a soft, hydrated and comfortable skin
- Reduces shine and gives a natural and elegant finish to your skin
- The cream applies well, does not leave any residue behind and is not sticky
- The product is oil-free, paraben-free, sulphate-free and dermatologist tested, allergy tested, non-acnegenic.
- The effects of the cream are long lasting and consistent
- Comes in fuss free tube which makes application quite easy and hygienic
- Though the product has wonderful benefits for oily type skin, it may not be the best for dry or combined skin types as it is moisturizing effects is not intensely elaborate
2. Jack Black Face Moisturizer
While women spiral around every single detail, men on the other hand are not as obsessive or indulgent. They are mostly what they say they are and that is exactly how this cream from Jack Black’s work. There is nothing fancy, nothing earth shattering but just a cream that is going to deliver prompt results by giving royal treatment to your skin. This product just had to be one of the top contenders in our best face creams for men’s list for it is a double duty moisturizer that is going to work relentlessly to provide you the best results. The cream contains sunscreen, vitamins and antioxidants that elegantly enrich the skin.
- The blue hued bottle comes with a pump dispenser containing around 100 ml of the product. It is a lightweight oil free moisturizer that applies hassle free and efficiently
- The cream is formulated with an advanced moisture formula that locks the moisture in the skin and keeps it that way throughout the day
- The key ingredients in the product include, sea parsley, blue algae, phospholipids as well as a SPF 20 formula, they help keep the skin supple, reduce inflammation, improve skin appearance meanwhile supporting the skin barrier
- The product is non greasy and applies beautifully
- Renders good protection from the sun while also moisturizing effectively
- It helps protect the skin barrier there by retaining its integrity
- The formulation has anti irritant and anti-inflammatory properties which helps the often-neglected man’s skin. Oh! Is a sunscreen as well
- The product comes in a hygienic pump dispenser and is easy to use
- Some user reviews suggest that this product might not be the best for severely sensitive and acne prone skin
3. Bulldog Natural Skincare Moisturiser
Do you still feel a little shy about using skincare products? Do you still think of it as “girly”? Well then, you should try a bulldog. Imagine a Bulldog, it is conventionally masculine, strong and brave. This moisturiser from bulldog helps you feel masculine while indulging in some traditionally established “feminine” activity like taking care of your skin. The product is completely no nonsense and straight forward meanwhile delivering a brilliant performance. A man’s skin though harder than a woman is more damaged because of the constant shaving and the general neglect, this moisturizer from bulldog will give you a solution to all these concerns.
- The product comes in a simple white tube containing 100 ml of the product which is also natural and eco-friendly
- The cream is formulated with 8 essential products including green tea, green algae, konjac mannan (which is a plant extract that helps with moisturizing) and vitamin E which nourish and keeps the skin healthy
- The product does not contain any artificial colours or fragrances and does a decent job with moisturizing the skin.
- Hydrates the skin beautifully
- The product is natural and eco-friendly and devoid of parabens
- It provides a recharging effect to the skin
- It is easy to apply and absorbed well into face, helps keep the skin tight as well
- The price range is quite fair for the results it delivers
- Some user reviews suggest that is it difficult to get the right amount of product, it spits out the cream rather than flowing out smoothly
- The smell of the product is quite botanical and you might not be a fan for it
4. Rugged & Dapper Men’s Facial Moisturizer
For some reason, I feel physically attracted to this product, maybe because of its name or maybe because of the imagery it puts in your head. This face moisturiser from Rugged and Dapper is best known for its anti-ageing properties as well as for being an aftershave lotion. The raving reviews and some affirmative research have made it crystal clear that this product should have a place in our list of top 10 best face creams in India. The cream is formulated with natural and organic ingredients and provides the best nourishing effects to the skin, as an added bonus the product also delivers a matte finish to the skin. Rack this cream to your shelf to feel ragged and dab on this cream to feel dapper.
- The product comes in a sexy sleek black tube containing 118 ml of the product and is 2 in one acting as both moisturizer and aftershave
- The key natural and organic ingredients in the product include aloe vera, botanical hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, jojoba oil, green tea, protein amino acid blend, shea butter, citric acid, vegetable glycerine and so on.
- The product claims to hydrate your skin, act as an efficient after shave and act as the first line of defence against fine lines and wrinkles.
- After shave, moisturizer with anti- ageing properties
- Gives your skin a smooth healthy glow on application
- Helps prevent the formation of fine lines, wrinkles
- Helps create an even toned skin
- The cream is non greasy and applies well onto the skin and is long lasting as well
- The cream is natural and organic and comes in a tube which is convenient to use
- Some user reviews suggest that the cream might not be best suited for sensitive and acne prone skin
- The scent of the cream might not sit well with a few
5. Brickell Men’s Products Essential Face Moisturiser
Brickell’s face moisturiser has had to make it to our list of top 10 face creams in India because it is natural and is formulated with the most effective components in our nature. The cream is light and has a long lasting effect on the skin, applying it once a day is enough as its effects last throughout the day. The cream is natural and organic and has anti-ageing properties as well. This cream would be an excellent choice for daily use, it will keep your skin hydrated and healthy throughout. As an added bonus, the product acts well on sensitive skin as well.
- The product comes in a very pharmacy looking bottle with 118 ml of the product, which is quite a decent amount.
- The cream is 100% natural and 83% organic with some key ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid, green tea and more. The product also contains essential oils such as peppermint, eucalyptus and lemongrass
- The product claims to provide you with an intense hydration along with brilliant anti-ageing properties, it also assures unclogged pores.
- The cream does a decent job on sensitive skin types
- The product is natural and organic, free of harmful chemicals and is not tested on animals
- Provides intense hydration to the skin
- The cream is long lasting and a little product goes a long way
- The packaging is hygienic and convenient
- Some user reviews suggest that the essential oils might not suit everyone
6. Dove Men Care Face Lotion
Dove is a domestic name and is an assured presence in all our houses. This face cream from dove is quite reliable too hence I feel it deserves a place in our list of top 10 best face creams in India. Dry skin is a major concern for most of us out there, men and women alike and this cream is targeting to combat the same. It will leave your skin hydrated, smooth and healthy. If not careful, you are going to find yourself embracing this cream way too much. It also is ensconced with the goodness of broad spectrum SPF 15 which means it can be useful in protecting you from the sun.
- The cream comes in a sleek bottle with a pump dispenser and contains 50 ml of the product
- The product is paraben free, gluten free and oil free, the active ingredients in the product include Avobenzone 3.0%, Ensulizole 0%, Octisalate 5.0%, which has the qualities of a sunscreen
- The cream claims to hydrate the skin, protects dry skin as well as provide protection from the sun and is brilliant for everyday use
- Hydrates the skin quite well
- Long lasting and applies easy
- Comes in a hygienic bottle with a convenient pump dispenser
- Has SPF 15, thereby giving you the benefits of sunscreen as well
- It is paraben free and oil free and is non sticky on the skin
- Some user reviews that the scent from the face cream might be a little overwhelming for their taste
- User reviews also suggest that the product might be little runny than preferred
7. Neutrogena Men’s Daily Face Lotion
As I flow through this piece, I kept wondering if I am missing out something important, then it hit me, Razor Burns! This face cream from Neutrogena has properties that can minimise irritation and inflammation to the skin which to me feels like a perfect antidote for razor burns. The face cream is formulated with bisabolol (anti- irritation), allantoin (anti-inflammatory) and glycine Soya seed extract which has excellent anti-oxidant properties. This triple protect men’s daily face lotion from Neutrogena is one of the best face serums out there and you got to give it a try.
- The hygienic and comfy tube comes with 50 ml of the product and has the excellent properties of broad-spectrum SPF 20, which means it is an excellent sunscreen as well
- The key ingredients in the cream include glycerine, soybean (glycine soja) seed extract, allantoin, camellia sinensis leaf extract, bisabolol and more
- The cream claims to soothe razor irritation, heals dry skin, has anti-ageing properties and protects skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- The cream comes in a nice hygienic and convenient tube packaging
- The cream contains the benefits of sunscreen as well
- It helps soothe razor burns and keeps the hydrates dry skin
- It helps fight against the signs of ageing by reducing fine lines
- The product is not too greasy, easy to apply and has a scent that isn’t overpowering
- The product might be leaning a bit towards the expensive side
- Some user reviews suggest that on excess use the cream might leave you with an oily and shiny skin
8. NIVEA Men 3 In 1 Nourishing Lotion
On a general note, I like the moisturisers that nivea has come up with so this moisturiser designed especially for men, attracted me and seemed to be quite the rave and effective. This nivea moisturiser comes with a hydra IQ technology that supports the skin’s own hydration system thereby increasing hydration is a subtle and graceful way. The results from the product are long lasting and will leave you with a smooth hydrated skin throughout the day. This beauty is definitely worth a try and might impress you quite well.
- The sleek bottle comes with 500 ml of the product which is an excellent quantity compared to the rest of the moisturisers in the vicinity.
- The cream is formulated with a hydra IQ tech that supports the moisture retaining capacity of the skin resulting in effective hydration. The ingredients are pretty straight forwards with sea minerals, glycerine and so on.
- The product claims to deeply hydrate and revitalize your skin for 24 hours
- Deep hydration to the skin
- Is easy to apply and applies well into the skin
- The effects of the cream are long lasting
- The product is hypoallergenic
- Convenient and hygienic packaging
- The cream is quite runny which might not be an attractive quality for many
- Some user reviews suggest that the fragrance of the moisturiser is quite overpowering
9. The Man Company Skin Brightening Cream
Multani mitti is a skincare staple, I remember using this mustard paste as a face pack since adolescence through till date. It is best known for its earthy, relaxing scent and the instant glow it provides, it is also good in reducing acne and removal of blackheads. Now, this Multani mitti is one of the main ingredients of this product, which makes it already quite interesting. The cream is also formulated with shea butter and turmeric which helps retain the moisture in the skin as well provide medicinal benefits. The man company’s face cream has a nature score of 95% with a top-notch smell and is a powerhouse of antioxidants and minerals that nourish the skin.
- The sturdy looking jar consists of 50 grams of the product and is naturally prepared without parabens and sulphates.
- The product is formulated with Multani mitti, shea butter, turmeric, coconut oil, tamarind and vitamin E extracts.
- The face cream claims to instantly brighten complexion and give you a clear, uniform and healthier looking complexion.
- Paraben free and sulphate free with 95% nature score
- The product does a decent job of moisturizing on a dry and combination skin type
- The cream gives an immediate brightening effect to the skin on application
- Makes the skin soft and smooth
- Travel friendly and best for everyday use
- The smell of Multani mitti might not be everyone’s cup of tea
- Some user reviews suggest that the product may not be the best choice for an oily skin as it can get greasy
10. Loreal Men Moisturising Lotion
The one feeling that we unanimously feel on a constant basis is tiredness or fatigue. 9-5 job, deadlines, targets, night outs everything leaves us drained of energy and this tiredness leads to dullness, dark circles, tightness, loss of firmness and roughness. This face cream from Loreal is designed specially to get you rid of these 5 signs of fatigue. Once applied, it reinforces the skin’s natural resistance and keeps your skin hydrated all day along, that is throughout the day you are left with a fresh- and healthy-looking skin. One of the key ingredients of the cream is Guarana, which is a plant that exhibits immense skin benefits by aiding circulation to the skin and minimizing ageing and saggy skin.
- The bottle comes with 50 ml of the product and is easy to apply and convenient to use
- The cream is formulated with the extracts of guarana and vitamin C which helps keep the skin hydrated, glowing, nourished and healthy
- The product is non greasy and helps fight the 5 signs of fatigue, it retains skin’s natural resistance while delivering superior moisture restoration
- The product gives a fresh, cool feeling to the face after application
- The cream does not give a shiny appearance to the face and pulls off a decent matte finish
- The skin feels soft and smooth with a subtle glow
- The packaging is really good, it comes with the dispenser pump which almost always gives you the right amount of product for use
- On constant application, some user reviews suggest that the cream helped reduce dry patches on the skin
- The product is formulated with denatured alcohol which on excess application might lead to drying of the skin
- The product claim 24-hour moisturizing but some user reviews suggest that the effects of the product might not be that long lasting
Where To Begin Your Skincare
You want to take care of your skin but you do not have enough information pointing towards where to start your journey? It is a completely normal scenario to face, mainly because men aren’t as much familiarised with this industry as women are. Here are some details that can help you in this pursuit.
- Face Wash: Using regular bar soap for your face and hair is outdated, bar soaps have harsh ingredients in them that can harm your skin, opt for face washes instead. Wash your face at least twice a day and definitely after a workout session
- Sunscreen: Men are prone to getting tan as easily, make sure to wear a sunscreen whenever you are outside, this not only prevents tanning nut also protects you from the harmful rays of the sun
- Moisturizer: Moisturize your skin daily, it may seem too much but will take only 3 minutes of your precious time, this will help keep your skin younger and healthier
- Shaving: Make sure to use a moisturizing shaving cream to avoid friction and dryness and shave in the direction of hair growth
- Skin Care: Skin care products come with a wide selection particular to targeting all your needs, read the labels and ingredients, choose the one that will promptly be suitable for your skin type
So, this concludes our list of top 10 best face creams for men in India.
It is manly to worry about your dark circles, it is manly to whine over tanned skin, it is manly to be tempted to pop a pimple and finally it is extremely manly to look after yourself in all possible ways, including skin care. I hope this list helps you get an insight into which cream is going to be the best suit for you. I have tried to include and hopefully succeeded in giving you the best of the best face creams in the market with brilliant formulations and outstanding results.
Happy Shopping Gentlemen! Let this be the start to an amazing skin care journey.
FAQ : Common Concerns Regarding Face Creams
1. What are the bad ingredients in face creams?
Some of the most commonly seen yet harmful chemicals include paraben, phthalates, sulphates, lead, formaldehyde etc. But, in recent times more care is given to creating products that are devoid of these harmful chemicals.
2. What should a skin care routine include?
Your basic skin care routine should include moisturizing your skin at least twice a day, using sunscreen while going out in the skin, night creams and under eye creams, using all these on a regular basis can help your skin be more nourished and happier.
3. Why do you need a face cream?
Face creams help retain the elasticity and moisture in the skin, it also acts as a protective barrier against the harmful elements in the environment. It also helps the skin be hydrated and free from getting dry or blemished.
4. Why are face creams expensive?
There are face creams in both the price ranges of high and low, but since this is a product that you plan on using every day, it is better to invest in the best possible product out there. Be it expensive or low price make sure to research your product and choose the best one that matches your skin type and your needs perfectly.
5. What are some natural moisturizers?
Coconut oil, aloe vera, olive oil, yogurt, honey, almond oil are some natural products that help moisturize the skin, but in some instances, they can lead to breakouts too.