The skin on the face is one of the most delicate parts of the body and needs utmost care and attention. A lot of traditional practices and scientific research has gone into keeping the facial skin clean, spotless, glowing and radiant. Our ancestors have come up with various tips and tricks to keep the skin healthy via DIY face masks, face scrubs and most important of all, face moisturisers. This is the most important product which stays on the face the longest amount of time and thus needs to fulfil its purpose by hydrating, moisturising, nourishing and combating various skin ailments whilst present on the face. This is why we have an elaborate piece here on which are the best face moisturisers for women in the market and why.
The Top 10 Best Face Moisturiser | Product Review
1. Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Cream
The Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Cream has extracts of roses, jasmine, aloe vera, sesame, and green cardamom processed in the base of coconut and sesame oil to give you perfectly moisturised and hydrated skin as soon as you apply it on your face.
- Super hydrating formula for instantly moisturised skin
- Gives you clear skin, clears imperfections and keeps your skin well nourished
- Can be used by both men and women and is suitable for normal to dry skin type.
- Cream is non-comedogenic, doesn’t let the skin break out in pimples.
- Best Ayurvedic moisturiser
- Very expensive
- Some people felt it left their skin dry
2. Forest Essentials Soundarya Radiance Cream
The Forest Essentials Soundarya Radiance Cream comes with SPF 25 and has amazing skin regenerative properties. It heals and restores the skin’s youthfulness and gently lightens the skin tone and blemishes there by giving a bright radiant look to the skin. The cream has 24k gold infusions and laces with saffron has deep nourishing qualities for the skin.
- Has real 24k gold dust for penetrating deep into the skin and making the skin glow from within
- Contains saffron which is natural skin lightening potion, the magical Sanjeevani herb for vitalising inactive cells and licorice root extracts for protection against sun damage
- Made in India with pure organic ingredients and traditional methods and has cold pressed oils and extracts and is hand made.
- Best oily skin moisturiser
- Very expensive (but it is worth it)
3. The Body Shop Oils Of Life
The Oils of Life range has 3 essential oils that are cold pressed and used in this face moisturiser to help bring the skin to its natural well nourished state. This is excellent for women with signs of ageing and for wrinkles and skin tightening. Simply massage this miraculous product into the skin day and night and get visible results in a few weeks.
- Essential oils from 3 key sources: Black Cumin from Egypt, CRosehip oil from Chile and Camellia Oil from China.
- Restores the skin’s softness, suppleness, reverses signs of ageing and helps in tightening of skin.
- Soft cream like texture that does not feel oily or tacky on skin. Can be worn underneath make-up or as such.
- Best premium pick moisturiser
- Restricted to Dry skin users
4. The Face Shop Rice & Ceramide Moisturising Cream
The Rice and Ceramide cream has rice extracts, rice bran oil and Ceramide extracts. It deeply nourishes the skin and goes deep within the skin’s layers to hydrate the skin. This cream has an emulsifying effect on the skin and deeply nourishes the skin. It puts back the lost moisture into the skin and keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Deeply hydrating face cream for extremely dry skin to buff the skin and nourish it from within.
- Helps hydrate the skin with its rice bran oils and rice extracts. Intense
- Helps skin recover lost moisture and gives a lovely skin appearance full of life.
- Best dry skin moisturiser
- Not suitable for oily skin
5. Ponds Light Gel
The Ponds Light gel comes in a simple and easy to carry tub and has a very light texture. The oil free formula helps keep the skin moisturised and super hydrated all day long. The skin feels light even as the cream sits shielding the skin from the harsh weather. The formula helps keep the skin shine-free. The formula is laced with Vit E and Hyaluronic Acid to keep your skin nourished from within.
- Oil free formula and has a light blue color and texture that adds moisture to the skin without making it look tacky
- Shine free formula gel formula that feels like skin and can be confidently worn underneath make up or as it is.
- The formula is suitable for normal to oily skin users and can be worn anytime of the day and in any season.
- Best budget buy moisturiser
- Does not have any UV protection or SPF
6. Urban Botanics Oil Free Moisturiser
The Urban Botanics Oil Free Moisturiser comes in a pump format with a light gel formula that is specifically made for oily and acne prone skin. This non-comedogenic product makes sure that your pores are not blocked with heavy layers of product and cause the skin to break out. The moisturiser has neem and basil extracts in a base of glycolic acid. The neem and basil help in preventing acne and clear new acnes on the face whereas the glycolic acid helps in clearing old skin off the face and prevents breakouts. The product also helps in keeping the skin hydrated and nourished whilst staying light and matte on the skin.
- Easy to use pump format which makes sure your moisturiser is untouched each time you use the product. Perfect for the pandemic season.
- The formula is oil free and has glycolic acid which keeps the skin hydrated and fresh without being heavy and oily like a regular face moisturiser
- The neem and basil extracts help in clearing existing acnes while shielding the skin from new acnes. The glycolic acid also helps in removing dead skin cells.
- Best mattifying moisturiser
- No SPF rating.
- Not suitable for dry skin.
7. Blue Nectar Anti Ageing Day And Night Face Cream
The Blue Nectar Anti Ageing Day and Night cream is an effective Moisturising cream for various skin concerns. The formula is made with 14 potent herbs such as saffron – known to lighten the skin tone, sandalwood – known for anti-ageing and keeping the skin tone even, mulethi for fading blemishes and correcting skin issues, manjishtha for repairing wrinkles etc. The texture is creamy and soft and helps keep the skin hydrated and nourished both internally and externally.
- Creamy formula suitable for men and women and can be applied both in the day and night. Instantly soaks up hydration and keeps the skin moisturised
- Can be used by all skin types and is best for those who need to remove Pigmentation and marks from the skin
- The active herbs in the formula help in reversing the signs of ageing and helps in correcting fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles
- Best Unisex moisturiser
- Some users with oily skin felt the cream to sit a bit heavily on the skin
8. Lakme Absolute Perfect Radiance
The Lakme Perfect Radiance Day Cream has many skin benefitting ingredients such as Vit B3 and Glycerin helpful in keeping the skin hydrated from within. The micro-crystals present in the formula polishes the skin and penetrates the layers of the skin to provide instant skin lightening and buffs off dark and dead cells off the surface. The essential skin vitamins help in clearing off spots from the face and make the face even toned.
- The moisturiser has a small tint to it which gives a luminescent effect to the skin and the Micro-crystal technology enables skin illumination from within
- The Titanium oxide in the formula helps in sun protection with SPF 30 making it perfect for wearing in the day.
- Can be used by all skin types and by men or woman for an instantly bright look as well as hydrated skin
- Best skin lightening moisturiser
- Some users claimed the skin does not feel hydrated for a long time
9. Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Moisturiser
The Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Moisturiser is best for women who need a quick fix for age reversal. This formula is extremely focussed on providing the exact same. The moisturiser has niacinamide that is a potent compound to reduce blemishes and pigmentation from the face, the Hyaluronic acid absorbs moisture from the air to boost hydration for the skin, the peptides provide surge for collagen production and the result of all this is lifted and plump skin. The formula targets skin loosening and corrects fine lines and wrinkles over the time.
- The formula is light and airy almost like whipped cream and sits perfectly well on top of the skin without making it feel too heavy
- The moisturiser claims to put back years of ageing signs to rest within a few weeks of application
- The formula restores moisture and acts as a perfectly safe bet for all skin types thanks to its whip like formula.
- Best anti-ageing moisturiser
- Targets mature women and not suitable for all age groups
10. L’oreal Paris White Perfect Day Cream
The Loreal Paris White Perfect Day Cream has a light creamy texture with a touch of tint for women who need both moisture and coverage. The cream instantly lightens the skin tone as well as covers acne and blemishes. The formula is SPF 17 with PA++ for UVA and UVB days protection.
- The formula has tourmaline gemstones that polishes the skin and the melanin vanish technology lightens the melanin for a lighter skin tone
- The cream has anti-spot and anti-blemish formula that fade spots away with regular usage for an even toned skin
- The formula is light and creamy and can be used by all skin types. Perfect for day usage thanks to its SPF 17 PA ++ rating.
- Best skin refining moisturiser
- Some users felt that the skin felt a bit dry with a white- out effect
These are the 10 best Face Moisturisers for Women in India. They are a perfect addition to your daily skincare routine and ensure the fact that your skin remains hydrated and moisturised through the day and helps heal and nourish the skin. Face Moisturisers should be applied only after thoroughly cleansing the face with a face wash and followed up with a toner to remove make-up traces and dirt. Face moisturisers will only be effective if the skin is freshly cleaned and is massaged well into the skin so that the product seeps into the skin and takes action from within.
So go ahead and pick one of our Top 10 best face moisturisers and trust me, you would not regret it.
Skin Care Tips For Using Face Moisturisers
1. Follow CTM – Cleanse, Tone And Moisturise
The most common advice for all women by brands is to follow the easy 3 step routine of Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising. Always use a cleanser that best suits your skin type and follow this up with a face toner that has no alcohol in it. Follow this up with a face moisturiser that best suits your skin type and targeted issues such as acne, blemishes, fine lines etc. This way you can be sure that your skin is getting all the care it needs in a simple skin routine.
2. Choose The Face Moisturiser That You Need, Not What You Want
A face moisturiser, despite its cost, is an investment. Spend enough time to understand what your skin needs and arrive at the best face moisturiser that suits and satisfies all your skin issues. There are specific face moisturisers that target specific issues such as wrinkles and fine lines, fading out acne marks and blemishes, correcting skin imperfections, skin tone lightening etc. Therefore, go through our article and find out what it is that your skin absolutely needs and pick the right product.
3. Face Masks And Face Scrubs
Along with a face cream and a regular CTM schedule twice a day, make sure you engage in exfoliation and masking once or twice in a week. A scrub helps in exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin cells and effectively cleanses from deep within. A face pack made of herbal ingredients or clay can help in tightening of pores, refining the pores and target acnes and blemishes. Engage in these skin pampering activities one to two times in a week for an even and radiant skin.
1. Are face creams necessary?
Face Creams or Face moisturisers are absolutely necessary for facial skin as it gives the skin the hydration it requires. Skin can feel stretchy and dry after a face wash and a face moisturiser helps in putting back the lost moisture back into the skin.
2. What kind of face moisturizer should i look for?
Always opt for a dermatologically recommended face moisturiser or one with natural and organic ingredients. Make sure the composition of the cream is free of harmful chemicals and harsh compounds such as SLS and parabens. Avoid artificial fragrance as well.
3. How many times does one need to use a face moisturiser?
At Least 2 times is a must, if you have normal and oily skin. If you have dry skin, you can re-apply your face moisturiser in between face washes. Make sure you pick the right face wash so that your skin is not left thirsty for moisture or too oiled up after application.
4. Is face moisturiser required for oily skin?
Yes, it is. It is a common myth that women who have oily skin do not need face moisturiser due to the naturally oily skin. But this is incorrect since frequent oil secretion from pores can cause build up of bacteria and cause the skin to break out. A face moisturiser for oily skin has the right amount of moisture to cancel out the excess oil secretion from the skin and keep the skin shine-free.
5. What are the harmful ingredients one must look out for while buying a face moisturiser?
Avoid chemicals such as Sulphates, SLS, parabens, artificial color or artificial fragrance added to face moisturisers. Stick to chemical free, oil free and fragrance free moisturisers. Opt for an organic moisturiser if you are inclined to herbal products. Some face moisturisers are pre approved by dermatologists. Such face moisturisers can also be safe for use on facial skin. Always conduct a patch test by applying a little on your forearm. If you develop any rashes or redness, do not use the product on your face.