To be very frank, the skincare of men is deeply underrated. Because if you see, they get to face more negative impacts on their skin on the basis of facial hair, and that is something which should be seriously considered.
One also needs a great face wash to feel pampered. And it does not stop there. Pampering is obvious, but on a serious note, it is not safe to use soap on your face. Soaps are usually made to wash your body and face is the most sensitive part of the body, as it is always exposed to all kinds of weather and situations. Be it a sunny day, cloudy day, chilly winter, or fall, people face different types of reactions and human skin needs basic protection to face it without any side effects
Hence we have made your work easy, because choosing your face wash isn’t the only work, as there are many types of skin which need treatment accordingly. Please scroll for more details as a list of carefully analysed products are listed based on cost, quality, features and, preferences.
Click here to see how we rank our products
10 Best Face Washes for Men in India to Buy Online
1. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin clearing Foaming Cleanser
Body shop is undoubtedly and abashedly known to come under “classics” if I may specify , but in spite of being a high end brand with an optimum cost range, it deliverers the best quality with its products usage
This face wash is no less than a luxury brand, which states clearly in its title about its foaming and cleansing nature. Enriched with an ancient tea tree oil, this face wash acts as an excellent skin purifying agent which reduces the blemishes and purifies the acne’s on the oily surface, or reduces the puffiness near the eyes and overall skin.
- An early treatment to the skin at home, this face wash comes in 150ml per bottle, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin clearing Foaming Cleanser is made with the tea tree oil which is taken from the base of mount Kenya
- This comes under a very subtle, mild and soft face wash which gives an instant boost to the skin
- Acne develops based on how greasy our inner skin is, and this face wash removes the grease from the base, and helps in supple skin
- This instantly produces foam which can be regularly used
- Pump produces perfect quantity per wash
- Travel friendly and fuss free
- Lathering for wash is great
- Non – irritating
- Supple skin
- Long lasting
- High consistency
- Boosts your skin
- Preferably can be used daily
- Might not be suitable who hates tea tree oil fragrance
2. Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Facial Cleanser
This is another luxury beauty which is completely worth per penny. This product personally is so hard to let go, I’m sure the people who tried other Kama Ayurveda products would agree blatantly with me.
The name of this face cleanser itself would make you wanna smell something sweet and soothing
This brand has done a great job by keeping it unisex as even men must rightfully enjoy pampering as much as women does, and boys? You would never regret this
- This bottle looks so satisfying and home grown
- It is made out of shocking ingredients like Vetiver roots, jojoba oil, cumin seeds (wow!) which generates young skin and makes skin supple
- Rose and jasmine naturally reduces fine lines and wrinkles and you may know that Jasmine acts as an excellent toner which reduces scars and spots
- The Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Facial Cleanser acts as an excellent moisturiser.
- Residue free.
- Rich in salicylic acid hence men with oily skin can breathe now!
- Made with rich ingredients
- Gives a rejuvenating feeling
- Drop worthy ( Drop/ wash)
- Rich in antioxidants
- Excellent toner
- Removes stubborn scars
- More on the expensive side
- Contains surfactant
3. Forest Essentials Sandalwood and Orange Peel Face Wash
When you take this name, the combination sounds different yet exciting – that itself strategically attracts the consumers. But that’s not the end. This face wash is considered very healthy made with natural supplements – and it is known to show unimaginable results.
We always need to focus on the quality of the products and not the quantity of the products you use on the face. Forest Essentials Sandalwood and Orange Peel Face is not than a luxury to possess
- This face wash comes in a transparent bottle with a pump attached as an opener. Since it’s very tightly fixed, it can be travel friendly.
- The ingredients which are used includes tender coconut, Aloe Vera, Apricot, Holy basil , Sweet orange, Sandalwood, Peppermint, leaf oil, Sweet orange, Barley, Honey which can be answers for your various problems
- The scent reminds you of a summer in a meadow – with citrus and minty flavour.
- Very non sticky and gives chillness after your lather rinses
- Cruelty free and 100% vegan
- Luxurious ingredients
- Cleanses grease and acne
- Lasts super long with rich lather
- Freshness quotient is 100%
- Suitable for all skin types
- Hydrates the skin , and makes it oil free
- Gel texture
- Very expensive
- It’s little runny and not thick, which might be slippery
4. Mama earth Vitamin C Face wash
The world is going to a “survival of the fittest” mantra and that’s when we have to contribute to the upcoming sustainable development and anxious generation and all can tag their support the way they possibly can
Now cosmetic waste paves a major way in the degradation of the environment
And Now this herbal cosmetic comes to our rescue which focuses on bringing herbal trends in life!
Boys! Want to feel relaxed and rejuvenated without a special spa treatment? Want to feel like you are chilling in the Bahamas when you’re at home wearing pyjamas?
Then Mama earth Vitamin C Face wash with Foaming Silicon Cleanser Brush Powdered by Vitamin C and Turmeric is the solution for you. This Rich face wash which is highlighted with its best ingredients should be a great product for highlighting your beautiful skin even more, as it cleanses and gives you the herbal treatment at home
- This face wash comes in a long tin – like tube which consists of about 150ml
- The ingredients includes as many herbal varieties as it could to not harm your skin with rash chemicals like – Vitamin C, Cucumber , Aloe Vera and turmeric
- This face wash is positively approved by dermatologists as this face wash is free from Artificial colours , preservatives, Petroleum, Sulphates and Parabens
- This is not for a specific skin type and hence is suitable for all skin types
- This face wash acts as an excellent Cleansing agent by exfoliating the pores and excess oil with high foaming textures , which can be highly effective
- This face wash comes with a complimentary brush which enhances and nourishes your skin by exfoliating and nurturing it
- Contains powerhouse ingredients like turmeric, Vitamin C, Aloe Vera and cucumber
- Is travel friendly
- Dermatologically tested
- Free of parabens, petroleum, sulphates , artificial colours
- Does not contain preservatives
- Foam lathers well and exfoliates well
- Suitable for all skin types ( Men and women )
- No negative reviews
5. Glow and Handsome Instant Brightness Rapid Action Face-wash
This face wash is a surprise as it has high remarks on the basis of it’s costs , ingredients and the features ensured. Due to the recent change in its name as “Glow and Handsome” ; it has somewhere given the reason for the name’s origin. Glows till your skin tips and handsome as all of you are undoubtedly, it just increases manifold
- This product comes in a regular tube which weighs 50gm which is non sticky
- The primary flavour inculcated is Menthol which visions to provide cool and refreshing attack on the skin cells
- The tube contains the list of ingredients used which ensures Multivitamin Boost formula – where it works for giving you an instant bright look with rapid action technology
- This is an exclusive men’s face wash and it appeals the look
- Very reasonable
- Dermatologically tested
- No bleaching agents are added
- Long lasting
- It has enzymes which protects UV rays
- Cleanses the skin from dark spots and acne
- This is accustomed to give you instant brightness
- It’s extremely simple to carry anywhere
- It controls the areas releasing sebum and reduces you from sweating profusely
- No negative comments has been recorded
6. Spruce Shave De Tan Face Wash
This face wash is the best face wash for men as it focuses on enlightening by exfoliating and reducing the pigmentation of the skin. The natural ingredients used here are taken from the local plantations which is a huge plus point as we should be vocal for local
The acids used are also in favour to our skin here, which doesn’t hesitate to work in favours of wonderment
Personally the other products are beautifully made organically like herbal shaving essentials, and the Shaving razors are premium and American made
- It is Paraben free and sulphates free and dreadful chemicals which produce rashes
- The Spruce Shave De Tan Face Wash primarily contains coffee which has numerous functions to perform – as it reduces tan lines , removes dead skin cells, exfoliates by removing back spots , brightens the skin and reduces cellulites too !
- The citric acid and glycolic acid present are a bonus by giving birth to new age skin cells and brings complexion respectively
- The chlorogenic acid also reduces inflammation
- This blend includes Coffee oil, Vitamin E, aloe Vera , glycerine , which products from harmful rays like UV rays and pollution
- Cruelty free
- Paraben free and sulphates free
- Enriched with glycolic and chlorogenic acid which are excellent for skin treatment
- Made with coffee oil vitamin E , aloe Vera and glycerine
- Beautiful fragrance
- Skin glowing and reduces acne
- Reduces cellulites, fine lines, dark spots and wrinkles
- Quite reasonable
- Promotes local plantations
- People who doesn’t like coffee flavour might find it difficult due to its strong odour
7. Muuchstac Men’s Ocean Face wash
This allspice intoxicates people around you and that’s a huge deal right boys ?
This gender-specific brings in the best quality for an affordable price as it is manufactured with great care and with suitable products. Their vision is to maintain the rustic look of men in addition to the enhancement of given features .
All-rounder as it may seem, one face wash can satisfy the work of moisturising and nourishing the face
- This Deep cleansing wash comes in a tube attached with a pump on top that contains 100ml in total
- This product is silicon free ,sulphate free and Paraben free
- Organic product is naturally formulated and they are not tested on animals
- The high ingredients influenced here are chamomile extracts, glycerine and liquorice extracts
- Chamomiles are the natural antioxidants that reduce the pores, and unclogs them. They cool down the irritation and redness on the skin
- Glycerine acts as a natural moisturiser and prevents skin from drying
- They have a cooling menthol flavour which is exciting and rejuvenating
- Avoids silicon, sulphates and Parabens
- Made with chamomile, liquorice and glycerine extracts
- Reduces dullness and prevents itchiness
- Unclogs the pores
- Long-lasting and intense fresh flavour
- Doesn’t have side effects on beard
- It might not be feasible for usage during winter season
8. Biotique Hydrating Face wash
Chemical free and total therapeutic property , the Biotique Hydrating Face wash is the cool face wash which helps in hydrating specifically , especially because of the unreasonable weather and polluted conditions which usually is the casualty
Manufactured by Bio Veda Action Research Company and is easily available
- This tube of ecstasy contains neatly picked strains of neem, herbs like ritha, anaras and purified Himalayan water – this face wash acts as an excellent massaging agent
- Honey is the primary source which has multiple properties for fine skin.
- Suitable for all types of skin, this exhales a Devine and soothing fragrance which reloads your stressful life
- This recent development of biotique product has gained attention and many positive responses
- Consistency is balanced ( not too creamy or runny)
- Good foaming agent
- Prevents future breakouts
- Sweet fragrance
- Easily available
- Trusted and tested
- Might rarely not suit oily skinned people
9. Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash
Plum has a wide range of collections in which many have emerged as winners. It has not failed in this case as Plum Green Tea Pore Cleansing Face Wash gives a flawless skin. But this is specifically made only for acne and oily skin type.
Anytime, organic suggestions are a hit and plum keeps its promise by being so safe
- As mentioned earlier, it’s vegan and cruelty-free
- The design is simple and minimal where it comes in a cute little tube weighing 75ml
- Very sturdy, with high cleansing and foaming property. It intends to clean excess oil for removing the spots and reducing the acne
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants. Hence it’s always used to reduce the black spots and stop acne.
- very safe for environment
- Vegan and Paraben free
- No cruelty and phthalate free
- Enriched with glycolic acid which is excellent for skin nourishment
- Extremely safe
- Soap free
- Cellulosic product
- Rich Fragrance
- Devoid of SLS
- Quantity could have been slightly higher
- Might not suit sensitive skin because of beads
10. WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash
Our life is not a bed of roses. We in general have a busy life running here and there, having no time o lead a healthy lifestyle that our ancestors used to. But we need to include a certain amount of nutrients in our body, to our skin for nourishment and rejuvenation. We might not get all, but we can use essential products like WOW skin science apple cider vinegar.
Made with rich ingredients, this face wash can be used for all skin types, all skin tones, and is unisex.
- This luxurious face wash comes in tube with a brush weighing 141 grams, which exfoliates the skin, reduces the puffiness, and creates soft and supple skin
- It is made with ingredients like Apple cider vinegar Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Aloe vera extracts which are naturally skin enhancers.
- Vitamin E functions by preventing blemishes, and vanishing the existing ones.
- This product is naturally made without the usage of parabens, silicones and sulphates.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is Bioactive-rich which supplements skin, removes dirt and grease, kills the bacteria and removes the dead skin cells.
- It will maintain your skin elasticity, and retains moisture.
- Contains Apple cider vinegar Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Aloe vera extracts
- Clears the skin, reduces blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines
- Clears pores
- Paraben- free and silicone-free
- Maintains elasticity.
- Strong vinegar fragrance
Some simple skin care tips for men
Men and moisturiser
Moisturiser is applicable for both men and women, but somewhere it’s given more importance to the latter. The simple formula of moisturiser is it traps the water in your skin and retains moisture , thereby causing a glowing face. It also protects from dust, and reduces wrinkles and possibly deduces the chapped and flaky skin. But make sure you try moisturiser only when the specifications relate with your skin
Maintain A soft stubble
To avoid red bumps on your skin, and to also avoid future rashes or infection on your skin, you have to maintain a stubble, but not a rough one. Hence you shave when you’re under a warm shower as the warm water cascades and makes your stubble pliable. It might further make the razor to easily glide.
Prioritise the ingredients
- Just As how important it is to check the ingredients, it’s as important to check the ingredients which goes on your moisturising shaving cream. Buy products which contains glycerine, salicylic acid, sorbitol and urea and avoid skin drying alcohol
- Specify “non comedogenic”- which avoids blackheads and whiteheads
- Avoid oxybenzone, because it might be good as a sunscreen but not for beard
Is aftershave really important?
Everything is invented based on how it can help us in need. And aftershave was invented during the time when straight razors was the only option- which in today’s date is unnecessary as it is used in rare cases. Aftershave was used because straight razors caused nicks, which was prone for infection and alcohol in the aftershave was like an antidote. But now things are different and priorities are uncommon . Choose a simple moisturiser over aftershave or use alcohol- less aftershave
Fragrance is unnecessary
it’s obvious that many people prioritise Fragrance and nothing else, which is a very stupid thing to do. Because many skin allergies are caused by unwanted fragrance. It can be important, yes, but can be manageable otherwise. This tip is especially for people with sensitive skin
Sugar will not be sugary always
Glucose and fructose give unwanted side effects when it merges with collagen – which is a powerhouse agent on skin. Hence avoid sugary products for a better skin
Shower in warm water
Men spend less time in skin care over women nonetheless and it might be good or bad . Maybe this can’t be rectified, there can be other tips to take a quick care – like having a warm shower
Warm water acts as a natural moisturiser, note that it should be warm, not hot- as hot water dries your skin and makes it flaky, develops rashes and might weaken your nerves
Count your blades
You might want to keep a track on using blades as many are really a waste of money according to certain dermatologists . Because when you buy multiple blades together in a pack – they work too well , which results in burns , ingrown hairs and bumps on your beard
You can avoid it by sticking with using one or two blades (ie) buy a pack of 1 or2 and shave with the grain of your hair and not against. And try avoiding by pulling your skin taut
We hope now you have a clear picture in your mind as to what kind of face wash you prefer or which is good for you. But face wash is as important as moisturising the skin, and even natural remedies or natural face packs at home are sometimes suggested to be used, as face washes are made for our instant need. But even eating healthy foods and avoiding oily food is suggested for a healthy skin
These parameters help you to get a packaged idea on how categorically we have listed and reviewed for you on the basis of different parameters. Everything is ranked based on the total outlook on each product. We have classified the judging parameters for the best face washes for men and unisex face wash into the following categories.
Any product withstands only when it renders great quality. This parameter is something which can not be overlooked. Few might alter the quality of the product by mixing instant outcomes for temporary satisfaction.
Save your bucks by checking the quality rating.
This is the baseline parameter when it comes specifically to best men’s face wash.. Higher consistency, better the results. This parameter ensures you if you are buying the right product for the right need
Cost – worthy
Investment is as important as any other prevention towards a particular product. Parameters in any best men’s face wash or unisex face wash would fluctuate the cost accordingly.
User – friendly
Not everyone follows or knows a particular order to use the product, it’s always a mix of audience which ranges from beginners to professionals. This parameter ensures you the rankings of the product being applicable for all criterions
A collective rating of all the reviews collected, and filtered in a single frame for your ease and convenience.
A cumulative final score by checking all the above parameters and everything in general – an editor’s opinionated review