Too much oil in anything is not good for you; be it in food, or on your face. Sure, everyone’s crazy about the dewy makeup look now, but when your face looks like a melted wax statue, there is a huge problem.
That being said, oily skin cannot just be combated with a matte foundation. You have to find the perfect balance of matte and natural skin in order to make it look amazing like you deserve to. Oily skin is also prone to acne, so you must find a foundation that won’t cause irritation.
We at Critik have compiled a list of the best foundations for oily skin in India’s market today and hope that you will find the right fit for you. We also hope that you’ll take some amazing pictures for the gram after you buy it!
Foundations for Oily Skin from Top Brands in India 2020
Not everyone who has oily skin can just wear the same foundation brand. There’s a lot that goes into choosing a foundation for yourself and it is a huge commitment to make. So take your time, and pay full attention to this article.
Look close enough and you will find the perfect one for you. We have gone out of our way to provide you with an array of foundations that cater to quite a number of different needs, so you can be assured that what you’re looking for is in this article.
So, fasten your seatbelts and let us enjoy the ride!
1. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
- Comes with a pump, but is not very easy to use
- Liquidy formula
- The finish is natural and is not entirely dewy or matte
- Lasts 12 hours, and can go up to 15 with the help of some setting powder
- Sheer to medium coverage
2. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Excellent and intriguing packaging and the bottle comes with a pump
- Formula is neither here nor there in terms of viscosity and provides a natural finish
- Lasts for a good 6 to 7 hours, which can be prolonged with the use of a good setting powder
- Offers medium to full coverage
3. L’Oreal Paris Bare Nude Liquid Powder Foundation
- Applies on the skin like a liquid foundation, but comes down as a powder in the end
- Coverage is initially sheer, but it is buildable
- This is perfect for everyday wear without looking too heavy
4. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
- The goth packaging of this product catches one’s eye, to say the least
- Texture of the foundation is creamy and smooth, but effort must be put into blending it out
- Provides a medium to high coverage
- A soft matte finish is achieved and the foundation stays in place for the entire day
5. Clinique Stay-Matte Foundation
- Portable tube packaging makes it very convenient to travel with
- Provides a medium coverage, quite difficult to achieve high coverage
- Amazing for a no-makeup makeup look
- On very oily skin, it might last only up to 6 hours
6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
- One of the most chemical-free products in India’s market
- Packaging is quite interesting as the foundation comes in a tube with a wooden top
- Lasts for up to 5 to 6 hours
- Contains titanium dioxide, which is a natural sunscreen by itself
7. Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
- Can be blended with minimal effort because of the mousse consistency
- Perfect for daily wear and comes in a tube which makes it easy to carry around
- A setting powder would work wonders with this product
8. Maybelline Matte+Poreless Fit Me Foundation
- Might just be the most famous drugstore foundation in India
- Works wonders for people with oily skin
- Covers pores well, without clogging them
9. Revlon Colourstay Makeup Foundation
- Revlon is known to make great foundations and this one is no exception
- Serves as an excellent base for almost every makeup look in the book
- That proper matte look can be achieved with this foundation
10. L’Oreal Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Foundation
- This is L’Oreal Paris’ high coverage matte foundation
- All blemishes will be covered and does not cake on skin
- The shade range is quite diverse
And there you have it, folks! We hope you were able to find the foundation that is perfect for you! Have loads of fun creating amazing looks with them!