Hair styling is one of the most important and in-trend necessities these days. A good makeup, a great ensemble and the perfect accessories would be left incomplete without the best hairstyle to go with it. Hair styling requires much attention but less hardships when compared to how it was a decade ago. There are great many equipment out there that can help you achieve this, starting with a good set of hair care products, a good blow dryer, a hair straightener, paddle brushes with heated or straightening functions and a state of the art, best hair curler. All these make a complete set of hair care necessities that every woman should own.
Here we are listing out the best 20 hair Curlers/Curling Irons (as they are commonly referred to as) that can be found in India. We will discuss in length about their features, the pros of these products, the cons if any and the rating for these products based on various factors. Curling irons are a great addition to your styling wardrobe and if you did not have them, you will definitely want to get them once you read through this article.
If you have been looking for the best hair curler/Curling Iron in India, here is a list to look out for:
The Top 20 Best Hair Curlers/Curling Irons in India | Product Review
1. Dyson Air Wrap – Volume And Style
The Dyson Airwrap Volume and Style edition is a multi faceted styling equipment – it blow dries, straightens and curls the hair, all in one device. It is one of the most popular and trusted brands all over the world and is used by high end salon and make-up artists.
The Dyson Airwraper is a technologically advanced hair styling equipment that uses the combination of hot air and cooled air shots to blow out, straighten and curl your hair. The 1.2 inch heated barrel helps give you perfect salon style curls at the comfort of your own home. The brand is a very popular high end brand and has won many accolades. In conclusion, it is a blind buy.
- Highly recommended product for perfect hair styles be it curls, waves or poker straight hair
- Wraps hair using the coanda effect which minimises heat damage phenomenally
- Controls for airflow speed, heated air, cool air shots, and comes with intelligent heat control settings
- Very expensive (but totally worth it!)
2. Kipozi 2 in 1 Straightener and Curling Iron
The Kipozi Straightener and Curling iron is a multi-use device suitable for both curling as well as straightening the hair. It is a global product and although it is quite new to India, it has a global reputation worldwide for being one of the best styling products.
The Kipozi 2in1 Straightening and Curling Iron has a long barrel with a glass surface coated with Titanium and heats up in 30 secs or less and upto a temperature of 230 degree celsius for perfectly styled hair.
- The device has floating plates for a smooth curling and sliding effect
- Glass coating also prevents static when run through the hair
- A long barrel to style maximum amount of hair and suited for all lengths of hair
- A new entrant to Indian Market so there are less reviews from Indian users
3. Sultra – The Bombshell
The Sultra Bombshell variant of Hair curler is specifically designed to meet curling requirements. The 1-½ inch rod curls the hair perfectly and helps achieve a salon style hairdo at your home. This is again a global brand and is very popular worldwide.
The Sultra Bombshell is a long titanium coated barrel that can handle long thick hair easily, It heats up pretty fast and can give you anything between soft waves to strong sturdy curls. The barrel is also coated with titanium for even heating throughout the rod
- Uses Infrared waves for heating upto 395 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Smoothes the hair and cuticles and styles the hair perfectly and evenly
- Perfect for those with long and dense hair
- Price v/s the offering is a bit unjustified according to users
4. BedHead Curlipops Styling Rods
Bedhead is a very famous salon staple and their range of hair accessories and hair appliances are a hit with salon and make-up artists across the world. It comes in a great variety based on the kind of hair type and the type of curls you want, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Bedhead Curlipops is a popular styling device made for the young and independent women of the modern age. This styling device can instantly curl your hair in the fashion you intend to thanks to the many options available. Explore their range of hair setting sprays for fantastic hairdos everyday.
- A renowned brand for the fast paced modern life that cannot wait for a salon appointment
- Get instantly styled hair based on the barrel you choose for loose to tight curls and wavy hair
- Very light weight, easy to carry, easy to handle device for anyone, novice to pro
- Might be confusing to pick one out of the many options for a novice
5. Ion Sally Titanium PRO Curling Iron
Ion Sally Titanium Pro Curling iron is a sleek and slim curling iron with an easy to handle wand. The Ion brand is very new to Indian market but globally the brand is very popular.
The Ion Sally Curling Iron is a 1 inch curling rod with a ceramic barrel that heats evenly and reduces frizz. The appliance has a sleek design with a temperature setting panel that helps you navigate between warm and hot. The thick barrel helps in giving uniform curls. And helps build volume and style.
- Ceramic coated barrel for silky smooth hair
- Temperature setting ranging from 300-450 degree Fahrenheit
- Small bristles with comb-like structure that prevents burning of scalp.
- No additional accessories available
6. Hot Tools Salon Curling Iron XL Barrel
Hot Tools Salon Curling Iron XL is one of the top favourites in the global market. A new entrant to India, there is yet to be a verdict for indian users although globally the product has fared well. The curler is a salon curler and is preferred by salon stylists and make-p artists alike.
The Hot Tools Salon Curling Iron comes with an XL barrel – which means the barrel is 1.5 inches wide and is 7.5 inch long – much longer than most products in the market. The barrel uses pulse technology with heating rods throughout for intense and uniform heating throughout the rod.
- Extra long barrel length for long hair and 1.5 inch wide for super smooth curls
- Even heating using pulse technology that makes sure all your curls are well defined
- Intelligent temperature control setting ranging from 280 degree fahrenheit to 430 degree fahrenheit.
- Long 8ft swivel cord for maximum ease of use anywhere and everywhere.
- Indian user reviews are limited.
7. Vitek Hair Multi Styler 2 in 1 Hair Straightener and Curling Tongs
Vitek is a popular electronics brand and has many products under its umbrella. Many of the styling equipment in the Vitek Group are very well known and successful. The Vitek Hair Curler comes in a multi-styling format with both hair straightening and hair curling function.
The Vitek Hair Styler is a gorgeous hair appliance that has both hair straightening wand and also a hair curling wand. The appliance has an LED light which helps navigate the temperature between 150 to 200 degree celsius. It is coated with Tourmaline Ceramic technology as well.
- The option to choose temperature setting in 6 different modes is interesting for a user
- Coated with Tourmaline Ceramide to reduce static and s=give smooth silky hair
- Comes with auto cut off technology and a rubber end to control accidents. Also comes with a rubber cap for easy transportation.
- Some users felt the straightener function was not too good.
8. Braun Satin Hair Curler with Active Ion and Color Saver Technology
Braun is a very famous hair, body and skin care appliance and has quite the reputation for one of the best appliances out there. The Braun Satin Hair Curler is also one of the successful products for hair curling out there with numerous users vouching for it.
This product is especially made for those with colored hair. Excessive heating can fade the hair color. Braun claims to have 50% less impact on colored hair. It also comes with IONTEC Technology
- Does not fade out the colored hair and helps keep the color shiny and radiant
- IONTEC helps in diffusing ions while the hair is being styled to manage static and friz
- Comes with a Ceramic Care barrel which makes sure the hair does not overheat and dry out
- The packaging is not travel friendly
9. Havells Chopstick Curler
Havells is a well known electronic products brand and they have recently entered the beauty appliance market. All of their beauty related electronic products are doing well and especially the Chopstick Curler. It is a unique product offering a thin ceramic coated barrel to form small sections of curls.
The Havells Chopstick Curler is an amazing curling device if you need thin bouncy curls in intervals throughout your hair. You could also manage to turn your entire hair into thin crisp curls with this long and thin chopstick curling rod that has ceramic coating to give you silky finish.
- Great looking thin and bouncy curls suitable for short to medium hair
- Temperature range from 135 to 180 degree celsius
- Comes with a cool insulated tip so as to avoid injuries while heating and a safety stand to lay the device down when it is hot
- Takes a long time if you have long and dense hair
10. Vega Ease Curl Hair Curler
Vega is a household name when it comes to Indian Beauty and makeup market. There is not a single woman in India that has not owned or is not owning a Vega product currently. It is the best most affordable beauty accessories brand and that is the same when it comes to the Vega Easy Curl Hair Curler. It is one of the best buy and comes at an incredibly small price and offers the best quality offering in respect to the price
The Vega Easy Curl is a moderately long device with a thick barrel for wavy to loose curls. It has an LED switch to indicate power and comes with chrome plates for heat distribution.
- 125mm length and 25mm thickness to style medium to long hair
- Comes with chrome plates with ceramic coating to eliminate frizz and flyaways
- The temperature can be set to a maximum of 200 degrees
- Comes with a safety stand and a cool insulated tip
- It is an average styling product at a nominal cost
11. Remington CI5538 Pro Soft curl
Remington is one of the household names globally for hair care products. They have everything from blow dryers to hair straighteners to paddle brushes with heated functions to curling irons. The CI5538 is a professional salon styler meant for everyday use and gives you soft luscious curls with minimal hassle.
The Remington Soft Big Curl has a 38mm barrel thickness which gives you big bouncy curls and creates volume to your hair. This is perfect for everyday use and for women who have fine hair. The barrel has an adjustment clip that helps adjust the hair strands for an effective curling.
- Quick heating Ceramide Coated barrel with Ionic Tourmaline protection to reduce frizz, cancel out static by using ion diffusion while curling the hair
- Temperature settings from 140 degree celsius to 210 degree celsius based on hair type.
- The Titanium coated tweezer clip shapes hair by placing it carefully on the barrel to define big dense curls for a stylish look
- More of a casual curl look rather than a well-defined curled hair
12. Revlon Long Lasting Extra Loose Curls Curling Iron
Revlon is a budget friendly cosmetic and make-up brand and has a varied range of hair care appliances. One of the most appreciated and talked about appliances from Revlon is the Revlon Long Lasting Extra Loose Curls Curling Iron. This device has a long barrel with a thick diameter width to give you perfect loose curls for an everyday wavy hairdo.
The product comes with a 1.5 inch barrel with a thick wide center that gives you anything between wavy hair to soft loose curls that are well defined and add volume. If you are someone looking to add extra density to your hair, then this is the perfect product for you. The barrel is also coated with Ceramic for a frizz free hair do.
- Long and wide ceramic coated 1.5 inch barrel that controls static to give perfect wavy hair with long loose curls to add volume and density to fine thin hair
- Has auto-shut off feature and can operate alternatively between two voltages which is perfect for Indian consumers.
- Has a range of heat settings starting from 1 to 30. The thinner the hair, the lower the heat setting, and for thick dense hair, chose a higher heat setting
- Heat settings are vague and does not display any definite temperature
13. Syska HC700 Salon Finish Hair Curler
Syska is a very reasonable electronic brand and has taken over the electronics market in India in the past few years. It also has a very interesting grooming tools offering of which the Syska HC700 Salon Finish Hair Curler is a very promising hair styling equipment.
The Syska HC700 Salon Finish Hair Curler comes at a very reasonable price and is one of the 2 most affordable hair curlers on this list. The barrel is a 19mm wide barrel for perfect short curls for a bouncy voluminous look and is coated with ceramide for anti frizz effect and a silky smooth finish. This is basically a no-frills, no-nonsense kind of hair curler at a very reasonable price.
- The barrel is coated with ceramide and has a small diameter which helps in giving sharp and well defined short curls all over your hair.
- The barrel has a cool tip at the end to prevent accidental contact with the scalp and a stand to safely set the device down while heated
- Quick heating up and comes with an LED switch that indicates on and off. Is light and comes with a 360 degree swivel cord for easy portability.
- Suitable only for basic hair curling requirements
14. Babyliss C525E Curling Iron
Babyliss is a modern, teenage appealing brand with plenty of girly products that cater to the likes of young girls and women. Babyliss has a variety of hair brushes, paddle brushes, blow dryers, hair straighteners and curlers all of which are perfect for everyday use and cater to the needs of a fast paced modern lifestyle.
Babyliss C525E Curling iron has a 25mm barrel which is perfect for both loose and short curls. Choose the style you want and the chrome plated ceramic barrel will help you achieve a salon style finish for your hair style. The device also has a cool tip and a clamp to safely set aside the hair curler.
- Comes with intense ceramic coated barrel that takes care of the hair and does not overheat the hair and make them dry and damaged
- Intelligent LCD display for choosing temperature from 10 different settings up till 200 degree celsius for instant curling effect.
- The clamp helps in keeping the hair in position so that the curls are more precise and defined
- Swivel cord is not very long and may be difficult to style the hair in the back.
15. Carrera 535 Professional Hot Air Brush Styler For Women
Carrera Professionals, as suggested in the name, is a professional brand best used for salons and makeup artists. This in fact is a styling kit with a curler brush but is one of the absolute best in the market. The Carrera Professional Hot Air Brush Styler is a very professional styling aid trusted by many salon artists all over the world.
Carrera Professional Hot Air brush is a complete styling kit with 5 attachments for blow drying, straightening, curling and volumizing your hair. This is one of the most sought after styling kits on the market as stated by some users. The Curler in this kit has a dryer function attached and therefore has a multiple usage factor.
- Has 3 settings for small, mid to long hair and varying from thin to thick air
- Introduces the cool shot technology to style each strand to last much longer
- Has 3 modes for heat setting and 2 mode for speed setting
- Thermally insulated tips for better heat diffusion
- Professional standard and great brand
- Too many accessories suited for salons rather than for everyday usage
- Might be expensive if you are only looking for a hair curler, but totally worth it if you are willing to invest in all of the tools.
16. Conair Double Ceramic Curling Iron
Conair has numerous grooming accessories and most of these are quite impressive. Same goes for the Conair Double Ceramic Curling Iron. It is a pretty attractive product and looks quite niche. This product is quite popular overseas and has many fans swearing by its effect on their hair.
The Conair Double Ceramic Curling Iron, like the name suggests, has double coated ceramic for better static control. The clip enables better grip on hair strands for perfect swirls. The 1 inch barrel helps give you wavy to loose curls for an everyday hairdo.
- The device has 1 to 30 heat settings which is based on how fine or how dense your hair type is. 1 to 5 is for very fine hair, 5 to 10 is for moderately thin hair and so on.
- The on/off indicator has an LED lamp and the turbo setting helps quick heating up for perfect curls in a jiffy.
- The barrel is 1 inch thick which is perfect for moderately loose curls and is coated with ceramide to zero off static and give you perfectly defined curls. The clip enables better grip on the hair.
- Temperature setting is vague and is based on range rather than heat degrees.
17. Philips BHB862 Hair Curler
Philips is one of the most trusted electronics brands in India. Philips has a range of electronics goods in India and the grooming section of Philips Gadgets has tons of offerings. They currently have only one offering for hair curlers which is the Philips BHB862 Hair Curler. This product has a very high customer base and has raked quite a few positive reviews. It’s also one of the most affordable ones.
The Philips BHB862 Hair curler has a very lean barrel with just 16mm in thickness. The device is straight up plain hair curler with no fuss and no confusions. Just an on/off switch, ready to use indicator and the barrel with the clasp make up the entire product. It’s perfect for hair curling novices.
- The barrel is a thin 16mm thickness which gives you short bouncy perfect curls and is long enough to style both short and long hair types. The cord length is a good 1.8m long.
- The machine has an On/off switch with an LED indication that blinks when the device is heated and ready to use
- The ceramide coated plate helps in evenly distributing the heat throughout the entire plate for perfect curls through the length of your hair.
- No temperature setting option
18. Ikonic CT25mm Curling Tong
Ikonic is a salon based brand designed for professional salon artists and makeup artists. This brand has quite many types of hair curlers and you just need to choose the one that suits you most. Ikonic range of hair dryers and hair straighteners are also very popular with users.
The Ikonic CT25mm Hair curler has a 25mm barrel width for medium curls and has a swivel cord that rotates 360 degrees. The device has a temperature controller, on/off switch, a rubber grip handle for no slipping when the device is heated and with a cooling tip and a clasp to set it down.
- The On/off switch is a long press so that the machine does not turn on accidentally inside a bag. The rubber handles are also a safety feature to give you better grip and the end of the barrel is a cool tip made of rubber so you don’t burn your scalp accidentally.
- The device has a smart LCD display that has a rotating knob to select temperature that ranges from 110 degree celsius to 210 degree celsius
- The barrel is 25mm and is coated with ceramide for even heat dissipation so that you get well defined curls throughout the hair with no cold patches.
- Cord length is short
19. Panasonic Multi-faceted Hair Styler with Attachments
Panasonic is a very notable electronics manufacturer from China and they are quite the kings when it comes to huge gadgets. The grooming tools under this umbrella is also very popular with tons of products to choose from. Panasonic Multifaceted Hair styler is an all-in-one tool that catres to various functions with just one device.
The Panasonic Multi-faceted Hair Styler has 8 attachments to use all kinds of styling with just one device. You can blow dry your hair, straighten your hair, style your hair to loose long curls, waves or short bouncy curls. The attachments help in getting you a salon style hairdo with just one device. Use one or a combination of the brush attachments to create your unique look.
- Sleek and ergonomic design with a long swivel cord and 360 degree rotating swivel end which helps making this multi-faceted hair styler easy to carry despite the functions and attachments.
- The 8 attachments has a blow dry option with 3 setting, a hair straightening brush 2 hair curling brushes with a thick, wide brush for loose curls and a slimmer brush for short, bouncy curls
- The brushes are ceramic coated for even heat dissipation and for shiny natural looking curls each time you style.
- The device is made in China.
20. Alan Truman AT Curler Argan Oil Infused Gold Ceramic Curler
Alan Truman is a hair accessory and hair appliance brand that has very good products and sells globally. In India, there are only a handful of appliances available. The Alan Truman AT Curler Argan Oil Infused Hair Curler is one of their best product offerings for hair curling requirements.
The Alan Truman Curler has a 38mm wide barrel which is Tourmaline ceramic coated and infused with Argan oil so as to nourish dull and dry hair as it is styled. The device also has a real time display for temperature range and a long swivel cord for ease of use and portability.
- A long wide barrel for long loose curls and for adding oomp and volume to the hair without any static or flyaways. The Argan oil coated barrel adds shine and makes hair look more shiny
- LCD display to choose from 130 degree celsius to 210 degree celsius range and with quick heat up time for instant hair styling
- A 3 metre long, 360 degree rotating swivel chord that helps style hair effortlessly and makes it easy to travel with to places with a far away adapter
- Not suitable for short hair and for small dense curls
Tips To Get Perfectly Styled Hair
There are certain things you need to do or make sure before you use hot devices on your hair. Follow the below tips to get perfect hair do’s without causing much damage to the hair –
- Use a deep nourishing hair oil
Oiling your hair helps in keeping your locks beautiful and healthy and nourished. Oil puts back the lost moisture back to the scalps and helps build the protein in the hair and ultimately makes it look more shiny and nourished. Get yourself a nice hot oil massage on to the scalp half an hour before your shower. Use moisturizing essential oils such as neem, lavender, tea tree combined with a carrier oil such as coconut or almond oil.
- Use a good set hair care products
The secret to a healthy hair cleaning and caring routine starts and ends with a good set of cleansing, conditioning and masking range. Choose a hair product range which has a pH level close to your hair and the one that caters to your specific requirement such as dry hair, damaged hair, flaky scalp, dandruff or itchy conditions etc. Also, mask once a week for a hair spa effect in the comfort of your home. Condition your hair regularly to put back all the lost natural oils each time you shampoo.
- Use a heat protectant serum or oil
When styling your hair, make sure you use a heat protectant serum or oil on your hair which helps in keeping your hair shiny and protects your hair proteins to break down under the heat of the styling equipment. Use the serum right after blow drying your hair and repeat application after straightening or curling your hair to get the natural shiny effect of freshly cleaned hair each time
- Always use a certified, safe heating appliance
Make sure you use a safe and certified heating appliance and well within the range of heat that your hair can take. Above 150 degree Celsius temperature, the keratin complex in the hair starts breaking down and causes damage to the hair. Make sure you do not overheat your hair and do not expose your hair to too many styling equipment at once and on a regular basis. Let your hair breath and flow naturally from time to time. This break from heat treatments help in rebuilding the protein in the hair.
These are the 20 best hair curlers/curling irons in India. They are a perfect addition to your daily hair styling routine. Always remember to take good care of your hair as they are the basis of a well styled hair. Also, use good hair products and a combination of styling equipment so as to not over curl and over-treat your hair with heat. The curling irons chosen in this list helps in keeping your hair healthy and shiny and gives you beautiful curls in the process. A combination of a paddle brush and a blow dryer or a hair straightener will also give you a daily-use curls which is an alternative for a curling iron. This method can be used when you do not want to over-treat your hair or expose your hair to extensive heat treatment.