Beautiful, healthy, luscious, and dense locks is a dream for all women. In this age and time, it is so difficult to maintain healthy-looking long hair owing to growing pollution, deteriorating water quality, and poor lifestyle. Due to these factors, women are on a never-ending search for good shampoos, nourishing hair oils, the best hair sprays, the best hair serums, the best hair ties or the best hair straightening brushes for women, that can take care of all their woes. Despite so many options for these in the market, one may still find themselves puzzled and confused as to what to buy and what not to. There are millions of reviews and blogs out there asking you to buy any and every product on earth. This right here is the definitive guide to all your hair styling problems. We are going to list out and discuss with good reason which are the best hair straightening brushes for women in India.
An overview of our Top 10 Best Hair Straightening Brushes in India
Hair Straightening Brushes
Click here to buy
Dyson Airwrap Styler
Remington Keratin Protect Brush
Wahl Argan Care
Braun Satin Hair Brush
Babyliss Rotating Hair Styling Brush
Alan Truman Hot Brush
Philips Heated Paddle brush
Carrera Hot Air Brush
Vega X-Glam Brush
Havells Ionic Keratin Straightening brush
Hair Straightening Brushes and Their Uses
Hair straightening brushes are quite recent in the fashion and makeup industry but have made itself an indispensable tool for modern women. Hairstyling is a part of every woman’s day to day routine and we try to do this as fast and as efficient as possible before we hop off for work or for a day out. The birth of a hair straightening brush is inspired by the paddle brushes that stylists use in salons and studios to blow and style your hair. This is done with a blow dryer and a brush in each hand and with tons of hard work and precision. It takes months for a makeup artist or a salon technician to master this technique.
Well, if that is the case for someone in hair styling, you could imagine the struggle for a girl trying to get ready for her first day at a new job or a woman going on a date or just a day out with the girls. Added to this are all the damage caused by pollution, hair sprays and hair styling gels, and the lack of nutrition and attention provided to your hair.
The best hair straightening brushes that we have handpicked and listed out has the following criteria that they were judged on before being passed on to you:
It’s obvious that the performance of a hair straightening brush is the key factor for judging whether or not it’s a good product. We are looking for how well this works, the type of effect it leaves on the hair, and the overall satisfactory job it does.
- Quality of Material
This involves the quality of the bristles, the heating pad at the base, the quality of the electric wire, and the technology of heat dissemination that the hairbrush uses.
- Safety and Ease of use
Since these straightening brushes are electrical, it is important to note whether the equipment is safe to handle, transport, the cord length so that it can be used without burning your hair or scalp or fingers, the comfort of the gripper, and the user reviews for overall electrical life of the product
- Value for money
Some of the products on this list are cheap whereas some are expensive, the list is created to suit all kinds of budget and all kinds of hair issues but keeping in mind that we select only the best in each category. The ultimate aim is to provide the best value for money for every budget.
- User Review
We have collated the user reviews of each product to provide you an overall rating for the product after going through all the parameters and customer opinion based on the average time period that they have used the product.
- Editors Review
Last but not the least, the expert opinion of the editor has been taken into account after evaluating each product and with personal experience so as to give you an unbiased review.
Top 10 Best Hair Straightening Brushes for Women | Product Reviews
1. The Dyson Airwrap Styler
One of the best and also one of the most costly hair stylers in India, the Dyson Airwrap Styler is one of the most elite products of this list. It is preferred by most of the hairstylists in the fashion industry and has excellent pay off when it comes to styling. Why we refer to it as a styler is because of its varied styling functions such as volumising, smoothing and blow drying function. There is no doubt that this is the No.1 product on our list.
- Styles hair with air wrap technology instead of heat since heat in long term, damages the hair.
- Soft ball-tip bristles that smoothen the hair and is gentle on the scalp.
- Uses the Coanda effect to wrap the hair as well as smooth it.
- Heat control that doesn’t exceed 150°C and helps cool overheating with cold shots of air.
- Comes in a beautiful leather vanity case to protect your hair styler brush.
- Very expensive
2. Remington Keratin Protect Heated Straightening Brush
Remington is another popular choice second to only the Dyson airwrap. Remington’s 2 in 1 straightening brush is infused with almond oil and laced with keratin in its bristles to help nourish your hair as you brush your hair. This minimises the styling effort and improves the quality of hair over a period of time.
- Brush cum heated straightener with anti-static coating.
- Infuses hair with negative ions to give you frizz free hair.
- Bristles laced with argan and keratin oil for healthy nourished hair.
- Temperature setting in 3 modes along with auto-power cut off.
- 3 meter long swivel cord for optimal usage and styling.
- Expensive with mild straightening affect
3. Wahl Argan Care
Wahl is a famous salon product maker and has some amazing products for both men and women. Their range of hair straightening brushes are quite popular and the one we have here is a popular hair care brush with straightening function. This paddle brush is infused with argan to give you shiny hair and heats up quite quickly to save you time as you scuffle outdoors.
- Infused with argan oil for shiny smooth hair.
- Auto cut off function to save any electrical hazard, comes with a LCD display.
- Instantly heats up for time saving and comes with 7 heat settings.
- It has a long lasting straightening effect on the hair.
- Very portable with a choice between battery and cord.
4. Braun Satin Hair Brush
Braun is a popular salon electricals brand and the Braun Satin Hair brush is an amazing choice if you are looking for something both travel-friendly and great at styling your hair naturally.
- Soft natural bristles that does not break hair or damage it
- Very Travel friendly with small ergonomic design
- Battery operated with auto cut off feature
- Removes static and releases ions to counteract frizzy hair
- Spongy handle for easy usage
- No LCD display or temperature setting
5. Babyliss Rotating Hair Styling Brush
Babyliss Rotating Ceramic Dual side Hot Air brush is one of a kind due to its rotating function. It is made to style hair just like you would at a salon but at half the cost and every single day. The brush comes with 4 attachments for blow drying, straightening and curling function.
- Has a rotating brush to style hair inward or outward.
- Ceramide coating to protect the hair and the scalp from heat damage.
- Ionic function to help with frizzy hair.
- Comes with 4 separate accessories for maximum styling function.
- 50mm Boar bristles that add shine and natural glaze to hair.
- The bristles may get worn soon because they are natural boar bristles.
6. Alan Truman Hot Brush Straightener
The Alan Truman Hot Brush with temperature control is a very good straightening brush with plenty of features such as ceramide coated base, ion release technology, temperature setting and is super handy.
- Ceramide coating with 76 Tourmaline coated bristles to help distribute heat evenly.
- Soft bristles with ion release technology to keep hair smooth and frizz free.
- 360 degree swivel cord for proper styling and usage.
- Temperature control with LCD display.
- Lock function to protect temperature setting and accidental on and off.
7. Philips Heated Paddle brush
This is the best hair straightener brush under a budget. The Philips Heated Paddle Brush has keratin infused bristles with ceramic and tourmaline coated base, 2 temperature settings, SilkPro technology to protect hair from damage and very good value for money
- Ceramic and Tourmaline bristles to flawlessly tame your hair.
- SilkPro Technology to protect hair from over exposure and damage.
- Thermo Protect Technology to maintain constant heating through the brush.
- Heats in under 50secs and has a ready to use light for indication.
- Suitable for travel with a 1.8m swivel cord.
- Not as effective at straightening as this is more of a basic product
8. Carrera Professional Hot Air Brush
Carrera Professional Hot Air brush is a complete styling kit with 5 attachments for blow drying, straightening, curling and volumizing your hair. It is a very professional styling aid trusted by many salon artists and has 3 heat settings and 2 speed settings for the dryer function
- Has 3 settings for small, mid to long hair and varying from thin to thick air.
- Introduces the cool shot technology to style each strand to last much longer.
- Has 3 modes for heat setting and 2 mode for speed setting.
- Thermally insulated tips for better heat diffusion.
- Professional standard and great brand.
- Too many accessories suited for salons rather than for everyday usage.
9. Vega X-Glam Straightening Brush
This again is a budget friendly option for beginners. The Vega X-Glam Straightening Brush is a handy brush that has silica gel coated bristles for easy gliding and detangling function. Silica can protect your hair from overheating as well. It comes with an LCD screen to monitor temperature settings.
- Silica Gel coated bristles for smooth, tangle free experience.
- LCD Screen to manually adjust and monitor temperature setting.
- Anti Scald Technology to help prevent scalp burning by overheating.
- Ergonomic size and shape for easy use and transport.
- Length of cord is not too long and the brush is quite small in size.
10. Havells Ionic Keratin Smooth Straightening brush
Havells is a popular electrical brand and their hair styling brush is not far behind. This is a cost effective air styling brush with flat paddle shape brushes on either side that act like a straightener. It is infused with keratin to protect and nourish the hair and helps in detangling the hair as well as styling it.
- Ionic diffusion to help with frizzy hair.
- Ceramide coating for even distribution of heat.
- Keratin layer for nourishing the hair.
- Smart display setting for adjusting heat.
- Cost effective.
- Not so portable since it is heavy.
These are some of the best hair straightening brush for women in India. This list has been curated keeping in mind all the parameters that a user must look for before buying a hair straightening brush from a store or online. Hair straightening brushes are very convenient and easy to use but keep in mind that a healthy set of hair is key for attaining a great looking hairstyle. So it is important that you keep your hair nourished to get that good hair day look you are trying to nail.
Pro Tips to get perfectly good hairstyle at home
To get that perfectly styled hair at home using our best hair straightening brush, it is important that your hair is already of good health. Keep in mind the following points while prepping your hair for a great hairdo using your straightening brush at home:
- Always style a clean set of hair
Never use heat treatments on unclean or greasy hair as it could strip the hair of moisture and natural oils and make it look dull and unhealthy. Wash your hair and blow-dry them before trying to straighten it.
- Oil and shampoo your hair regularly
Always oil your hair before shampooing or use a serum to protect your hair from the elements such as pollution and poor water quality. A good set of hair is the foundation for a great styled hair
- Always use a heat protection serum
As much as possible, try to use a heat protection serum on your hair before styling it using heat as this could give a lot more glow as well as keep your hair nourished with essential oils. Heat protective serums form a layer on your hair protecting it from overexposure to heat and its subsequent damage.
- Use a hair spray after
For better results, use a mild hair spray after styling your hair to keep it looking just like that all day. Top it off every few hours to keep the frizz at bay. Straightening and curling may wear off after a few hours so it’s best to use a setting spray to keep your hairstyle intact.
- Nourishment from the inside
Last but not the least, you need to nourish the hair with good food to help give you that bouncy, voluminous hair that can be styled anyway. Good quality protein from fish and hair oils can do wonders for your hair. You can also choose to include hair growth supplements to help with hair thinning early greying and hair fall.