It is great that we now live at a time when men aren’t made fun of for taking good care of themselves. Having kissable lips is a huge plus point for anyone, regardless of something as trivial as gender or age.
A man who knows how to clean up well is a man that is immensely attractive. Everyone fell in love with George Clooney in Ocean’s Eleven when he came up that escalator in Vegas. If you say you didn’t, we’re going to have to call you a dirty liar.
Even the tidiest and well-groomed men tend to forget the significance of a good, moisturising lip balm. And if you’re one of them, then it’s still not too late. Using them on a daily basis helps you to combat dry or chapped lips and keeps you kiss-ready.
And if you’re perplexed which product to pick, I’ve listed some of the best lip balms for men in India you can buy online.
So. let’s check ‘em out.
10 Best Lip Balms for Men in India
Every human is prone to blackheads, dry skin, and acne, making it crucial to not only take care of your skin but also avoid it from premature ageing. Now, this includes your delicate lips too, as they are prone to cracking, ageing, and dryness.
They form deep lines if they are left untreated. So, choose from the list of best lip balms for men and use it on a daily basis.
1. Burt’s Bees Kokum Butter Lip Balm
Infused with the finest ingredients such as Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, and antioxidant-fortified Marula Oil, I had to give Burt’s Bees Kokum butter lip balm the top position on my list. Not just because of its ingredients and popularity, but for its quality and personally, I’ve been using it for years.
So, this is certainly the best lip balm for men in India. When applied daily, it keeps your lips moisturised and replenishes the skin deeply.
The best thing about this product is that it has less wax and more butter42 when compared to other balms. This ensures that your lips are super smooth and soft. To be honest, the hydration levels of this lip balm are at its highest. And guess what? No added flavours or artificial fragrances.
- Contains Kokum butter: enriched with vitamin E
- Hydrates dry lips
- Free from parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, or SLS
2. Forest Essentials Luscious Narangi Glaze Lip Balm
Looking for the best lip care for guys in india? Something that’s 100% natural and true to its brand name? Then Forest Essentials can’t be missed.
This Narangi Glaze Lip Balm by Forest Essentials is exclusively crafted to soften and replenish chapped, dry lips. Its excellent hydrating and moisturising properties seal in that “moisture” and further, soothe chapped lips, leaving them 100% nourished, naturally glossy, and soft. It has all the beneficial compounds to help your skin to regenerate as well as nourish new cells.
- Contains kokum butter, cocoa seed butter, and organic beeswax
- Has 100% natural ingredients
- Great quality and packaging
3. Beardo’s Choco Mint Lip Balm For Men
This killer and irresistible combo of organic ingredients is sure to rock your world. This refreshingly decadent flavour of chocolate & mint is the most attractive combination of brilliant smell ever!
This formula is non-glossy and non-tinted! And the best thing is that it is extremely hydrating and makes those private get-togethers more special!
- 100% vegan
- Non-glossy and Non-tinted
- Keeps your lip hydrated
- Contains Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Argan oil, and Mango butter
4. Himalaya Herbals’ Cocoa Butter Lip Balm
Indulge your beautiful lips with Himalaya’s rich cocoa butter lip care. It moisturises your lips intensely and moisturises them deeply to keep them supple and soft. This moisture retention formula keeps your lips glossy naturally while its antioxidants protects them from pollutants and environmental damage.
Fortified with 100% natural colour, antioxidants, and vitamin E, this lip balm is free from petroleum jelly, preservatives, silicone, and mineral oil. The best feature of this product is its natural cocoa butter present in it, which gives deep hydration and moisturises the chapped lips effectively. Also, the castor oil has emollient properties, making your lips healthy and supple.
- Contains cocoa butter, castor oil, and vitamin E
- Provides 100% nourishment and hydration
- Free from mineral oil, petroleum jelly, and silicones
5. Neutrogena Norwegian Lip Moisturiser with SPF 15
Next on the list of best lip balms for men in India is the one from Neutrogena. Their Norwegian Lip Moisturiser formula comes packed with SPF 15. So, this means you can’t step out in the sun without making your lips tanned.
When applied regularly, it rejuvenates your lips and keeps them soft and healthy. It prevents your lips from drying up, conditions them deeply, keeps them 100% protected from harmful UV rays, and maintains soft skin.
- Has SPF 15 and dermatologist tested
- Free from parabens, artificial colors, and fragrances
- Can be used during all weathers
6. Nivea Men Active Care Lip Balm with SPF 15
The list of best lip balms for men in India is incomplete if I don’t mention a brand like “Nivea” here. And I’m sure we have all grown up using their wide range of products. So, this means you must be well-versed about its product quality too.
Okay, so this lip care is exclusively designed for men and is a perfect way to keep your lips moisturised and 100% protected.
It gives your lips effective, long-lasting, and moisturising protection as well as care. This colour-free, fragrance-free, and shine-free formula is sure to complete your look and yet make it look as if you aren’t wearing anything.
- Comes with SPF 15
- Free from artificial colours & fragrance
- Formulated with Pro Vitamin B5 & Hydra IQ
7. Vaseline Lip Therapy Chapstick
Vaseline is yet another renowned brand in India known for their wide range of skin care products. And this lip therapy chapstick is one among them. When applied regularly, it helps in keeping your lips moisturised 100%.
It has the goodness of almond oil, vaseline jelly, cocoa butter, and shea butter, which give your lips long lasting moisturisation. It repairs your dry, chapped lips and further, keeps them glossy as well as soft. Not to mention, the vitamin E in it gives that nourishment that you’ve always wanted.
- The consistency is thick
- Contains vitamin E, cocoa butter, almond oil, and shea butter
- Provides 100% nourishment
8. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lip Balm with SPF 15
Chances are that you might not have heard of a brand like Palmer in India yet but it’s very popular and renowned both in the US and UK. However, it’s available here too now. To be honest, I’m a lip balm junkie. I usually try different products and buy a few together. And that’s how I came across Palmer and ended up buying one.
Okay, so this product is great. It isn’t too waxy. Your skin easily absorbs it the moment you apply it. With the richness of cocoa butter and vitamin E, it keeps your lips 100% nourished. And the SPF 15 in it, protects your lips from cracked, dry, wind-burned, and chapped lips.
Also, its convenient size and smooth application make this an ideal year-round lip balm. The only drawback is the longevity. You’ll have to re-apply a few times.
- Comes with SPF 15
- Contains cocoa butter & vitamin E
- Nourishes your lips deeply
9. Malibu Tropical Flavor Lip Balm with SPF 30
Bath & Body Works is yet another admired brand known for making some of the best body washes for women in India. Their shower gels have a magnificent smell and come in various flavours.
Though there is a lot of variety, their japanese cherry blossom body wash is heavily admired and has positive reviews as well as ratings. It gives a cleaner and softer skin with regular use. The consistency is rich, bubbly, and lathers quickly. And speaking of its fragrance, it bursts with sweetness – as if you’re standing in Japan surrounded with lots of cherry blossom trees.
- Moisturizing aloe & vitamin E combination
- Has shea butter, japanese cherry blossoms, mimosa petals, and sandalwood
- Gentle on the skin
- Suits all skin types
10. Organic Harvest Sulphate-Free Lip Balm
This Certified Organic Lip Care is fortified with Organic Oils and Vitamin E, which help in giving you long lasting moisturisation and nourishment of chapped and dry lips. It protects your lips from UV rays and further, ensures that it’s hydrated and smooth.
Blended with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Organic Oils like Jojoba Oil & Olive Oil, this Green Tea Lip Balm is a perfect moisturiser in balancing hydration and moisturisation to the lips. The green tea extracts in it also helps in reducing dullness and darkness of the lips.
- Contains green tea, vitamin E, and organic oils
- 100% Organic ECOCERT Certified product
- Free from Parabens, Beeswax, and Mineral Oil
- Cruelty Free & 100% Vegan
What is a Lip Balm?
A lip balm (also known as chapstick) is a lip care product, which is created to form a nice seal on the skin in order to enhance hydration, protect your lips from environmental pollutants, and maintain barrier function.
Most lip balms contain a wax-like substance which when applied topically on the lips helps in moisturising and relieving dry or chapped lips, stomatitis, and cold sores.
Many lip balms that are sold in the market today come packed with ingredients like carnauba wax, beeswax, camphor, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, petrolatum, and paraffin, etc. However, there are even products that contain artificial dyes, flavour, fragrances, salicylic acid, SPF, phenol.
What is a Lip Balm Used For?
The main purpose of using a lip balm is to give you a nice, occlusive layer on the surface of the lip to seal in that “moisture” they need and further, protect from harmful external exposure.
Cold temperatures, wind, dehydration, and dry air together have an unpleasant, drying effect on your lip skin. These factors draw off moisture, leaving them chapped.
When compared to other parts of the body, lips are more vulnerable. Wondering why? Well, because the underlying skin is extremely thin. Therefore, they often act as the first sign of dryness.
In addition, occlusive materials such as petroleum jelly and wax maintain lip comfortness and prevent loss of moisture.
You can apply a lip balm with the help of your finger or if the package is different – say, it comes with a twister, you can just twist it to make the product pop-up and then apply it directly on your lips – just the way women apply lipstick.
5 Benefits of Using a Good Lip Balm
Though there are many advantages of using a lip balm, the most noteworthy ones are listed below.
1. Prevents your lips from dryness
The skin of your lips is very thin. Interestingly, this little thin skin helps you to actually manipulate and feel the food that you eat and makes them pliable to help with speech. Well, your lips serve different functions.
Okay, so this thinness makes your lips highly susceptible to dryness. And when they become dry, it is often called chapped lips.
Since applying a lotion or moisturiser on your lips is impractical or unsuitable, lips balms were specifically created. These are thicker in consistency when compared to lotions and stay in place for a longer time.
2. Serves as a “protectant”
A good lip balm is designed to moisturise dried tissues and further, protects your lips from cold temperatures, ultraviolet rays (if it has SPF in it), exposure to dry winds. It reduces pain and helps your lip tissue to heal naturally.
Although lip balms are very popular during winter months, you should use it throughout the year, despite what weather it is, to provide 100% protection to your lips.
3. Has soothing effects
Since the underlying skin of the lips is extremely thin, it is highly vulnerable to dryness. A few ingredients in the lip balms are effective in soothing as well as conserving the moisture of the lips.
4. Keeps your lips soft and supple
With regular use, your lips start becoming 100% moisturised, nourished, soft, and smooth. I.m not kidding. Your dry and thin lips turn plump, giving you that “kiss-ready” pouts you have always wanted.
5. Prevents from being embarrassed due to chapped lips
Okay, so even you know how embarrassing things can be if you have chapped lips. Especially, when you really want to engage in that “private” moment with your woman. And before that intimate session is about to take off, your “dry, chapped lips” come in between!
Yeah, I know how that can be. Been there, and experienced it to be honest! So, a good lip balm comes to rescue and prevents your lips from peeling and cracking.
How to Choose a Lip Balm?
Here are a few important factors to consider while buying a lip balm:
1. Butters or Beeswax?
While beeswax protects your lips from chapping effectively in harsh climatic conditions, vegetable oils and butters on the other hand, provide everyday conditioning for supple and soft lips.
If you are a hardcore hiker, go for lip balms that have beeswax as key ingredients. But if you’re someone who often chills around your house most of the time, a shea butter based lip balm will have you covered.
2. Check for the SPF number
Okay, if you’re someone who lives in an extremely sunny area or who often has to step out in the sun, then you need to have a lip balm that has a good amount of SPF in it. Either SPF 15 or SPF 30. These both numbers will do good in protecting your lips from harmful UV rays and other environmental damage.
3. Buy a lip balm that does some multitasking
While hunting for that perfect lip balm, look for something that can perform at least twice than its usual work. Say, for example, a lip balm that not just moisturises but also protects your lips from sun damage with its SPF. But then again, it all comes down to your personal preferences and needs too.
Ingredients your Lips will Always Want
- Cocoa Butter & Shea Butter: These are soft and gentle butters that provide brilliant hydration.
- Beeswax: This helps you to lock moisture naturally.
- Jojoba Oil: Your lips easily absorb it. Moreover, it is a great source of vitamin A, D, & E.
- Macadamia Oil or Almond Oil (Sweet): These oils soothe, soften, and condition your lips.
- Tocopherol: This ingredient is a great source of Vitamin E and is a great antioxidant as well as a hydrator. It not only keeps your skin smooth but also acts as a natural preservative.
Ingredients to Avoid
- Lanolin: If you are unaware of this, then let me tell you that this is an oil, which is derived from the sheep’s wool. It is toxic to a few when ingested.
- Petrolatum/Petroleum: This is derived or extracted from crude oil. It stops your lips from getting all that oxygen.
- Phenol: This is a preservative, which causes skin irritation. Preservatives are important. I agree. But instead, look for ones that have natural/organic preservatives, such as vitamin E.
- Mineral Oil: This is the same as petroleum —it doesn’t allow your lips to breathe.
How to Use a Lip Balm Correctly?
Well, there’s a proper way to make sure that you do things the right way. So, applying a product like lip balm is no exception.
To make sure that you’re getting the most from a lip balm, here’s how you can apply:
- Ensure that your hands are 100% clean before you apply the lip balm (especially if the package is designed in a way where you have to use your fingers to apply).
- Take a little amount of the lip balm and apply it evenly on your lips.
- If it is a chapstick, that has a twister. You can apply it like lipstick. Simple!
- Press your lips together. Rub them gently against one another to make sure the lip balm is applied evenly on all sides.
- Reapply after drinking and eating to make sure your lips are moisturised always.
- Keep the lip balm handy with you so that you can use it whenever your lips go dry.
To be frank and honest, men are prone to dry and chapped a lot more than women do. This is due to the inherent tough and rough approach towards skincare routine. Let me advise this to you: never ignore your lips! Well, you are going to use them for a lot many things (you know what I mean).
And nicotine from those harmful cigarettes and pollutants are a few top reasons your lips look dry and dead. That’s why it is vital to use a good lip balm.