Lips balms are essential to keep your lips hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. It is as important as you take care of your skin. But with market piling with different brands, each claiming to be organic and the best, it can be tricky to choose the one that works for you. To narrow your search, here is the list of best lip balms in India, especially if you have chapped and dark lips.
How To Choose A Lip Balm?
Choosing the right lip balm depends on two important answers:
- What state are your lips in?
- What issue do your lips have?
Every lip balm that you see in the market comes with its own perks. They are created with specific formulas to treat a problem.
Whether your lips are chapped, dry, cracked, or you need something that adds extra protection during summers, there are lip balms specifically made for that. But it all comes down to your concern. Therefore, it is vital to know what problem your lip exactly has and what lip balm can you buy to fix it.
Once you determine the problem with your lips, the next step is to start hunting for a good quality lip balm that will help fix the problem that you have. So, when looking for one, pay attention to these factors:
What goes into making the lip balm truly matters. The truth is that your lips want harmless, naturally-based, gentle ingredients that help soften and condition your lips.
They definitely don’t want controversial and harsh chemicals. But with so many ingredients, how to find out which are the best for your lips and which ones to avoid?
These are ingredients that your lips will love:
- Beeswax: Beeswax is one of the most admired and well-known ingredients to help lock natural moisture and makes sure that your lips stay healthy.
- Cocoa Butter / Shea Butter: Shea & Cocoa butter are gentle and provide hydration.
- Jojoba Oil: Your lips can easily absorb jojoba oil once applied. Jojoba is a good source of Vitamin E, D, and A.
- Macadamia Oil / Sweet Almond Oil: These natural oils ensure that your lips are soft and nourished.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol): Vitamin E is one of the most powerful hydrators and antioxidants that help your lips to look smooth & supple. It also serves as a natural preservative.
These are ingredients to avoid:
- Mineral Oil: This is a cheap alternative to make lip balms. They suffocate the skin cells lying under your lips and make them dry soon.
- Phenol: Though this is a good preservative, the problem with it is that it causes skin irritation.
- Petrolatum/Petroleum: This is obtained from crude oil (non-renewable resource). With prolonged use, they make the lips extremely dry.
- Lanolin: This is a type of oil, which is obtained from sheep’s wool and can be toxic when ingested.
2. Flavor & Smell
While some love the fruity smell in lip balms, others hate something that has floral or aromatic. So, this comes down to your preferences. See what you like and choose a lip balm that appeals to your personality and senses.
3. Hydration & Protection
Choose a lip balm that will help your lips to stay hydrated and protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
4. Multiple Benefits
The whole idea of using a lip balm is to make your lips look and feel divine. So, there is nothing wrong in being “picky.” Look for a product that has SPF 15, vitamin content, paraben-free, and high-grade oils, as these will get you the kind of lips that you have been longing for.
5. Provides Solution
If you are experiencing extremely cracked, dry, chapped, burning, or peeling lips, then don’t hesitate to get a medicated balm. Even better, consult a dermatologist, as he or she will be able to address the problem better and treat the issue the right way rather than fixing it on your own.
12 Best Lip Balms In India To Keep Your Lips Moisturized
It is extremely important to not use any chemicals that might harm your lips; so the best lip balms to use are organic ones. Without further ado, here are the best organic lip balms for women in 2020!
1. Lotus Herbals’ Raspberry Lip Balm
The Lotus Herbals Lip Balm is the perfect make up bag companion that offers the right nourishment and moisturization to your lips with the complementing tint. It has natural oils which keep your lips soft and smooth, naturally.
- Skin moisturizer, antimicrobial and antioxidant
- Comprises of Jojoba oil
- Comprises of Almond oil
- Comprises of Wheat Germ oil
- Rich source of Vitamin E
2. Vaadi Herbals’ Assorted Lip Balm
The Vaadi Herbals Assorted lip balm offers lip care and moisturization backed by the herbal knowledge. In addition to gloss, and moisturization, these balms soothe chapped lips and also work as the perfect base for lipsticks as these have no colored tint. You can also replace it with regular petroleum jelly for a fruitier taste and smell. These lip balms are a 100% natural and are made from the extracts of fruit, honey, shea butter, almond oil and many more.
- 5 natural flavors – strawberry, orange, lychee, mint and blueberry
- Enriched with vitamin A and C
- Visually appealing and easy to carry packaging
- High moisturization
- Made from natural elements
3. Biotique’s Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
Belonging to one of the most famous names in the Indian cosmetic industry the Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening lip balm offers a unique service of de-pigmentation that lightens the lips to match the face’s skin tone. The balm has a fruity smell and is made from organic material like angur, vach, til, erandi, and many more. It is specially made to revitalize the tired lips and ensure its health with a healthy dose of vitamin E for softness and irresistible pout.
- Lightens lips
- Made from natural ingredients.
- Fruity smell.
- Offers vitamin E for intense moisturization.
4. Khadi Natural’s Wine Grapefruit Lip Balm
The Khadi Natural Wine Grapefruit Lip Balm with Beeswax and Honey is a combination of healing and aesthetics. Its grapefruit essence nourishes the lips while the Vitamin E present heals chapped lips and softens them. It is 100% natural.
- 100% natural
- Nourishing for lips
- Has citrusy taste and Vitamin C to heal chapped lips
5. Burt’s Bees Multicolor Lip Balm
Burt’s Bees lip balm makes your lips smooth and soft. It is infused with bee wax as well as extracts of fruits. It also contains butter and nourishing oils to make your lips smooth and soft. It has a Matt finish and the texture of a moisturizing balm, which is just perfect for your lips.
It contains no chemicals or artificial products but is endowed with natural ones. You can carry it with you anytime and anywhere to hydrate your lips whenever you want.
- Renews and moisturizes the lips
- Hydrates and soothes dry lips
- Ensures smooth lips
- All the ingredients are natural
6. Cocoa organic lip balm by SolaceDeArtisan
SolaceDeArtisan’s Cocoa Organic Lip Balm comes in a handy pack of 15g which serves the main purpose of healing and nourishing your lips. It is made up of fresh ingredients like cocoa butter, organic bees wax and vanilla essential oil which hydrates and heels your chapped lips. It also prevents your lips from drying and improves the softness as well.
- Contains cocoa butter and organic beeswax
- Enriched with vanilla essential oil
- Provides long lasting hydration
- Made from 100% natural products
7. The Body Shop’s Strawberry Lip Balm
This strawberry lip balm from The Body Shop has an excellent strawberry fragrance. It soothes your lips and moisturizes them too. It seals in all the moisture and makes your lips supple and soft. It also helps in keeping the texture of your lips consistent.
- Nourishes your lips
- Moisturizes and hydrates your lips
- Makes the color of your lips consistent
- Makes your lips softer
8. Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm
This lip balm is from one of the most reputed brands Forrest Essentials. This brand doesn’t need any introduction, as they gained immense popularity with purest Ayurvedic products in recent years. This lip balm is designed to soften dry as well as chapped lips. It replenishes them with hydration.
It is free from any kind of chemical or petroleum product. The presence of Narangi juice and almond oil gives it the perfect moisturizing property. It seals in the moisture and gives soothing as well as glossy lips.
- Seals in moisture
- Soothes dry lips
- Contains extracts of Narangi juice and almond oil
- Leaves glossy and soft lips
9. Blue Heaven’s Combo Of 3 Lip Bomb
A pack of three lip ‘bombs’, the Blue Heaven combo is the perfect vanity case companion if you are going for a brunch, a party or simply hanging out with your loved ones. The flavored lip balms are, of course, radiant in appearance, offering a generous colored tint and long-lasting moisture to keep your lips soft and healthy. The packaging of these balms is such that they are appealing and easy to carry in your bags.
- Distinct fragrance
- Interesting packaging
- High moisturizing
- Mildly tinted
10. Himalaya Herbals Strawbeery Shine Lip Care
This lip balm by Himalaya is 100% natural and has a strawberry flavor. A part of their Herbals range, this lip balm helps in providing deep nourishment and hydration to your lips. It has the goodness of all the natural ingredients and helps avoid chapped, cracked, or broken lips.
- Contains the goodness of strawberry
- No preservatives
- Contains Vitamin E
- Made from 100% natural oils
- Free from parabens or any other chemicals
11. SOULTREE’s Lotus and Kokum Butter Lip Balm
Made from the trifecta of organic, Ayurveda and ethical, the Soul Tree Lotus and Kokum Butter lip balm is the treasure of ancient herbal knowledge. The balm is made of natural elements which makes it safe to use and suitable for all skin types. The ingredients are hand-picked by farmers to ensure the freshness of the raw materials and quality of the final product.
- Has organic ghee.
- Made from Kokum butter and seven organic oils
- No synthetic colors
- 100 % vegetarian and natural
12. Organic Harvest Lip Balm
This lip balm is rich in natural ingredients and offers hydration to the lips. It is a natural moisturizer that helps your lips retain more water. It has hydrating lanolin as well as natural wax. It also helps in removing dead skin cells from the lips and makes it lighter. After regular usage, you get long-lasting hydration.
- Organic product
- No additional colors added
- Free from parabens and mineral oil
- Free from animal ingredients
- Offers natural moisturizing
Using a lip balm must be a part of your daily routine. As a lip balm is a product you use multiple times in a day, it is very important that they do not contain chemicals that would cause any harm to your beautiful lips.
Lip balms work best when you use them right after scrubbing your lips, so be sure to do that! We hope you found the perfect lip balm for you! It’s time for some luscious lips!