Lips balms are essential to keep your lips hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. It is as important as you take care of your skin. But with market piling with different brands, each claiming to be organic and the best, it can be tricky to choose the one that works for you. To narrow your search, here is the list of best lip balms in India, especially if you have chapped and dark lips.
12 Best Lip Balms In India To Keep Your Lips Moisturized
1. Lotus Herbals’ Raspberry Lip Balm
- Highly moisturizing
- Organic and Natural
- Doesn’t have SPF
- Doesn’t have gloss
- Skin mostuizer, antimicrobial and antioxidant
- Comprises of Jojoba oil
- Comprises of almond oil
- Comprises of Wheatgerm oil
- Rich source of vitamin E
The Lotus Herbals Lip Balm is the perfect make up bag companion that offers the right nourishement and moisturization to your lips with the complementing tint. It has natural oils which keep your lips soft and smooth, naturally.
2. Vaadi Herbals’ Assorted Lip Balm
- No side effects as they are made from natural elements.
- High moisturization.
- Offered in reusable and easy to carry packaging.
- Doesn’t last long
- Some might feel some irritation upon application.
- 5 natural flavors – strawberry, orange, lychee, mint and blueberry
- Enriched with vitamin A and C
- Visually appealing and easy to carry packaging
- High moisturization
- Made from natural elements
The Vaadi Herbals Assorted lip balm offers lip care and moisturization backed by the herbal knowledge. In addition to gloss, and moisturization, these balms soothe chapped lips and also work as the perfect base for lipsticks as these have no colored tint. You can also replace it with regular petroleum jelly for a fruitier taste and smell. These lip balms are a 100% natural and are made from the extracts of fruit, honey, shea butter, almond oil and many more.
3. Biotique’s Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
- Does not have synthetic materials
- Highly moisturizing
- Lightens lips
- It does not help remove pigmentation on the lips
- Lightens lips
- Made from natural ingredients.
- Fruity smell.
- Offers vitamin E for intense moisturization.
Belonging to one of the most famous names in the Indian cosmetic industry the Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening lip balm offers a unique service of de-pigmentation that lightens the lips to match the face’s skin tone. The balm has a fruity smell and is made from organic material like angur, vach, til, erandi, and many more. It is especially made to revitalize the tired lips and ensure its health with a healthy dose of vitamin E for softness and irresistible pout.
4. Khadi Natural’s Peach Lip Balm
- Highly moisturizing
- 100% natural
- Has vitamin E
- Has grapefuit essence
- Doesn’t have tint
- Doesn’t have gloss
- Doesn’t have skin lightening properties
- 100% natural
- Nourishing for lips
- Has citrusy taste and Vitamic C to heal chapped lips
The Khadi Natural Peach Lip Balm with Beeswax and Sheabutter is combination of healing and aesthetics. Its grapefruit essence nourishes the lips while the Vitamin E present heals chapped lips and softens them. It is 100% natural
5. Burt’s Bees Multicolor Lip Balm
- Great for lip care
- 100% natural
- Free from chemicals
- Moisturizes lips perfectly
- Some customers complained that the moisturizing properties do not stay for too long.
- Renews and moisturizes the lips
- Hydrates and soothes dry lips
- Ensures smooth lips
- All the ingredients are natural
Burt’s Bees lip balm makes your lips smooth and soft. It is infused with bee wax as well as extracts of fruits. It also contains butter and nourishing oils to make your lips smooth and soft. It has a Matt finish and the texture of a moisturizing balm, which is just perfect for your lips.
It contains no chemicals or artificial products but is endowed with natural ones. You can carry it with you anytime and anywhere to hydrate your lips whenever you want.
6. Cocoa organic lip balm by SolaceDeArtisan
- Long lasting lip balm
- Lightens and nourishes your lips
- Pleasant smell
- Excellent packaging
- Some may not like the smell of this lip balm
- Contains cocoabutter and organic beeswax
- Enriched with vanilla essential oil
- Provides longlasting hydration
- Made from 100% natural products
SolaceDeArtisan’s Cocoa Organic Lip Balm comes in a handy pack of 15g which serves the main purpose of healing and nourishing your lips. It is made up of fresh ingredients like cocoa butter, organic bees wax and vanilla essential oil which hydrates and heels your chapped lips. It also prevents your lips from drying and improves the softness as well.
7. The Body Shop’s Strawberry Lip Balm
- Moisturizes your lips
- Makes your lips glossy and soft
- The texture of your lips become consistent with regular use
- No cons have been reported about this product so far.
- Nourishes your lips
- Moisturizes and hydrates your lips
- Makes the color of your lips consistent
- Makes your lips softer
This strawberry lip balm from The Body Shop has an excellent strawberry fragrance. It soothes your lips and moisturizes them too. It seals in all the moisture and makes your lips supple and soft. It also helps in keeping the texture of your lips consistent.
8. Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm
- Extremely hydrating
- The goodness of almond oil and Narangi extract
- Moisturizes the lips and gives a glossy look
- Free from chemicals and petroleum products
- Some customers found this product a little expensive
- Seals in moisture
- Soothes dry lips
- Contains extracts of Narangi juice and almond oil
- Leaves glossy and soft lips
This lip balm is from one of the most reputed brands Forrest Essentials. This brand doesn’t need any introduction, as they gained immense popularity with purest Ayurvedic products in recent years. This lip balm is designed to soften dry as well as chapped lips. It replenishes them with hydration.
It is free from any kind of chemical or petroleum product. The presence of Narangi juice and almond oil gives it the perfect moisturizing property. It seals in the moisture and gives soothing as well as glossy lips.
9. Blue Heaven’s Combo Of 3 Lip Bomb
- High moisture
- Perfect for any occasion
- Visible Tint
- Easy to carry
- Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between bubble gum and strawberry flavor.
- Distinct fragrance
- Interesting packaging
- High moisturizing
- Mildly tinted
A pack of three lip ‘bombs’, the Blue Heaven combo is the perfect vanity case companion if you are going for a brunch, a party or simply hanging out with your loved ones. The flavored lip balms are of course, radiant in appearance, offer a generous colored tint and long-lasting moisture to keep your lips soft and healthy. The packaging of these balms is such that they are appealing and easy to carry in your bags.
10. Mamaearth’s Shea Butter & Strawberry Lip Balm
- No chemicals or harsh substances
- Natural ingredients
- Gives complete hydration
- Nice fragrance
- Some clients found this lip balm too heavy
- Contains cocoa butter that gives a protective barrier
- Shea butter helps in moisturizing cracked or chapped lips
- Strawberry offers antioxidants
- Contains 100% natural oils
- Free from parabens or any other chemicals
This Mamaearth’s lip balm is 100% natural and has a strawberry flavor. It contains Vitamin E and coconut oil, which help in providing deep nourishment and hydration to your lips. It has the goodness of all the natural ingredients and helps avoid chapped, cracked, or broken lips. Shea butter present in this lip balm helps in trapping the moisture and keeping your lips hydrated.
11. SOULTREE’s Lotus and Kokum Butter Lip Balm
- Suitable for all skin types
- Uses natural products only
- Does not have silicone, paraben, lead, and others
- Provides moisturization for long hours
- Neat packaging
- Is not available with colored tint
- Has organic ghee.
- Made from Kokum butter and seven organic oils
- No synthetic colors
- 100 % vegetarian and natural
Made from the trifecta of organic, Ayurveda and ethical, the Soul Tree Lotus and Kokum Butter lip balm is the treasure of ancient herbal knowledge. The balm is made of natural elements which makes it safe to use and suitable to for all skin types. The ingredients are hand picked by farmers to ensure the freshness of the raw materials and quality of the final product.
12. Organic Harvest Lip Balm
- Long-lasting hydration and moisturizing
- Removes dead cells
- Removes darkness from the lips and makes them lighter
- Organic and certified lanolin used
- Some customers complained that regular use of the product did not give them glossy lips
- Organic product
- No additional colors added
- Free from parabens and mineral oil
- Free from animal ingredients
- Offers natural moisturizing
This lip balm is rich in natural ingredients and offers hydration to the lips. It is a natural moisturizer that helps your lips retain more water. It has hydrating lanolin as well as natural wax. It also helps in removing dead skin cells from the lips and makes it lighter. After regular usage, you get long-lasting hydration.
How To Choose A Lip Balm?
Choosing the right lip balm depends on two important answers:
- What state are your lips in?
- What issue does your lips have?
Every lip balm that you see in the market comes with its own perks. They are created with specific formula to treat a problem.
Whether your lips are chapped, dry, cracked, or you need something that adds extra protection during summers, there are lip balms specifically made for that. But it all comes down to your concern. Therefore, it is vital to know what problem does your lip exactly have and what lip balm can you buy to fix it.
Once you determine the problem with your lips, the next step is to start hunting for a good quality lip balm that will help fix the problem that you have. So, when looking for one, pay attention to these factors:
What goes in making of the lip balm truly matters. The truth is that your lips want harmless, naturally-based, gentle ingredients that help soften and condition your lips.
They definitely don’t want controversial and harsh chemicals. But with so many ingredients, how to find out which are the best for your lips and which ones to avoid?These are ingredients that your lips will love:
- Beeswax: Beeswax is one of the most admired and well-known ingredients to help lock natural moisture and makes sure that your lips stay healthy.
- Cocoa Butter / Shea Butter: Shea & Cocoa butter are gentle and provide hydration.
- Jojoba Oil: Your lips can easily absorb jojoba oil once applied. Jojoba is a good source of Vitamin E, D, and A.
- Macadamia Oil / Sweet Almond Oil: These natural oils ensure that your lips are soft and nourished.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol): Vitamin E is one of the most powerful hydrators and antioxidants that help your lips to look smooth & supple. It also serves as a natural preservative.
These are ingredients to avoid:
- Mineral Oil: This is a cheap alternative to make lip balms. They suffocate the skin cells lying under your lips and make them dry soon.
- Phenol: Though this is a good preservative, the problem with it is that it causes skin irritation.
- Petrolatum/Petroleum: This is obtained from crude oil (non-renewable resource). With prolonged use, they make the lips extremely dry.
- Lanolin: This is a type of oil, which is obtained from sheep’s wool and can be toxic when ingested.
2. Flavor & Smell
While some love the fruity smell in lip balms, others hate something that has floral or aromatic. So, this comes down to your preferences. See what you like and choose a lip balm that appeals to your personality and senses.
3. Hydration & Protection
Choose a lip balm that that will help your lips to stay hydrated and protected from sun’s harmful UV rays.
4. Multiple Benefits
The whole idea of using a lip balm is to make your lips look and feel divine. So, there is nothing wrong in being “picky.” Look for a product that has SPF 15, vitamin content, paraben-free, and high-grade oils, as these will get you the kind of lips that you have been longing for.
5. Provides Solution
If you are experiencing extremely cracked, dry, chapped, burning, or peeling lips, then don’t hesitate to get a medicated balm. Even better, consult a dermatologist, as he or she will be able to address the problem better and treat the issue the right way rather you fixing it on your own.