Even if you are not in the mood to get all dressed up, a lipstick is enough to pull your no-makeup look together. A lipstick that is neatly applied oozes of confidence and is sure to make heads turn when you walk into a room.
Now that you know how important a lipstick is in your makeup routine, you should definitely choose yours from one of the best lipsticks in India.
There are many criteria that have to be considered when you are making a list of the best lipsticks from the best lipstick brands in India. We have considered many parameters like transferability, longevity, finish, pigmentation, etc. If you are a lipstick rookie let’s explain these terms for you:
Transferability: Ideally, you should not stain glasses with your lipstick when you drink from them. And also don’t send your boyfriend out there with lipstick stains unless that’s a thing 😛
Longevity: This tells you how long a lipstick will stay on your lips without requiring a retouch.
Finish: Lipsticks come with different finishes these days. Your lips can appear matte, creamy or even have a satin finish.
Pigmentation: This will tell you how pigmented the colour of your lipstick is. In other words, how strongly the colour transfers to your lips after one application. And we want lots of it!
Now that we have gotten all of this out of the way, let’s get into the list:
1. Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color
You are not wrong if you think that the Luxe Lip Color from Bobbi Brown would have to be the absolute best if it made it to the top of our list. Let me tell you why this one’s here.
- The lipstick is packaged in a luxury gold stick that oozes of royalty. If you are anything like me, you would purchase a lipstick case, just for this beauty.
- The Luxe Lip Color is available in 36 shades and they are all really pigmented.
- This one has a smooth and creamy finish that applies like the softest lip balm.
- This lipstick is also free of every harmful substance that you can possibly think of. It is phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfite-free, sulfate-free and gluten-free.
2. Huda Beauty Power Bullet Lipstick
All makeup lovers must admit that Huda Beauty products are new favourites that are definitely here to stay.
- Power Bullet is available in 22 shades.
- It has a matte finish and is highly pigmented.
- It comes with a custom pointed tip.
- This is a cruelty-free product.
3. Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color
Another one on our list from Bobbi Brown, this is a slightly better option in terms of affordability. Let’s look at the features this one has to offer:
- The Crushed Lip Color is available in 25 different shades.
- This lipstick is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E and beeswax.
- It gives your lips a satin-matte finish.
- The product is phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfite-free, sulfate-free and gluten-free.
4. Manish Malhotra Hi-Shine Lipstick
All of us have heard of the famous Bollywood designer Manish Malhotra. While we may still not be able to afford his designer pieces, his lipsticks are definitely not out of reach.
- These lipsticks have a glossy finish that makes you party-ready in a jiffy.
- This product is cruelty-free and vegan. It does not contain mineral oils, preservatives or any nano-ingredients.
- The product is fairly pigmented.
- It offers UVB protection to your lips.
- It’s available in 14 shades.
5. Nykaa So Matte Lipstick
Nykaa is the most recent storm that the makeup industry in India has witnessed. So no list of best lipsticks in India is complete without one from Nykaa.
- The product has a soft matte finish as the name suggests.
- It is available in 50 shades!
- It has an intense colour payoff.
- The formula is infused with Vitamin E.
- This is a cruelty free product.
6. MAC Satin Lipstick
We proudly welcome our first MAC lipstick on our list. Although MAC is one of the top lipstick brands in India, let us take a look at the product features that put it in this position.
- The satin lipstick from MAC comes in a variety of 28 shades for you to choose from.
- It has a satin finish as the name suggests and glides on smoothly.
- It lasts for about 6 hours.
- It offers medium to full buildable coverage.
7. SUGAR Cosmetics Nothing Else Matter Lipstick
Sugar Cosmetics is known for their good quality makeup products at affordable prices. Their products also come in fancy and unique packaging.
- Nothing Else Matter is available in 34 shades.
- The lipstick has high water resistance.
- It gives an opaque matte finish.
- It lasts for around 4 to 6 hours.
8. Chambor Orosa Lipstick
Chambor has some loyal customers that have been built through word-of-mouth more than anything. You would not have seen many ads popularising Chambor products.
- Orosa Lipstick gives a supreme matte finish.
- There are 18 shades available.
- It has a moisturising formulation.
- The product is not made from any animal-derived ingredients.