Do you think your skin requires extra pampering before daily makeup?Of course!Adding this magical element -’primer’ before your daily makeup not only helps the makeup to stay longer but also create a super protective layer on your skin before makeup.And the ultimate result is the super smooth flawless makeup application.
Face primers have come a long way in present world,with people finally understanding its prominence and its place in the beauty world.If your extremely paranoid about the fine lines and pores,a good face primer can help you to nourish the health of your skin for its best appearance.
Primers,undoubtedly offers their best benefits,creating a super smooth canvas for your daily makeup and acts as a bridge between your makeup routine and your skincare.There’s formula out there for every skin type, so to make things easier,we rounded up the best face primers for dry skin out there. Take a look!
Best Primers for Dry Skin in India to Buy Online
1. M.A.C.Prep+Prime Face Protection Primer SPF 50
- Antioxidant-enriched primer.
- Provides luxurious texture to the skin.
- Protect skin from broad spectrum UVA/UVB rays.
- Dermatologist tested and non-acnegenic.
- Prevents the appearance of dark spots.
- Features a comfortable and breathable formula.
- When worn under makeup,it generates a soft-focus effect.
- Ophthalmologist tested.
- Features a comfortable and breathable formula.
- Deep moisturisation and instant glow.
- Does not fill the large pores effectively.
2. Clinique super city block ultra protection
- 100% fragrance free.
- Allergy tested and provides ultra protection.
- Improves the skin texture without any irritation.
- Paraben-free and Dermatologist developed.
- No phthalates and most effective for damaged skin.
- High level sheer with weightless formula.
- Protects against sun and environmental damage.
- For all skin types,even the most sensitive.
- Wear alone or as an invisible makeup primer.
- Doesn’t leave a white cast on the skin.
- Expensive product but worth every penny.
3. Revlon photoready skinlights face illuminator
- Banish dullness and immense moisturisation.
- Even out skin tone with light capturing crystals.
- Photocromatic pigments for flawless skin.
- Available in 5 illuminating shades including NEW beach bronze.
- Provides a healthy and non-glittery sheen.
- Light coverage and just the right glow.
- Translates a natural radiance to the skin.
- Provides a real and youthful glow to the skin.
- Offers a subtle look after make up.
- Gives the complexion a fresher look with deep softness.
- Greasy looking and icky.
4. Smashbox photo finish foundation light primer
- Provides a perfect base for your makeup.
- Gives intense glow by brightening the skin.
- Minimizes the facial flaws.
- Reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines.
- Photochromatic pigments bend to reduce flaws.
- Provides instant soft and smooth skin texture.
- Lightweight primer that creates perfect canvas.
- Talc free, paraben free and fragrance free.
- Flawless and professional makeup finish.
- Reduces the dryness of the skin.
- High price and doesn’t blend well.
5. Belora Paris primer
- Super charged with Hyaluronic acid.
- Provides a refreshing dose of moisturisation.
- No paraben, phthalates and silicones.
- Safe guidelines and dermatologically tested.
- Provides a smooth and long lasting makeup
- Non greasy and ultra-light that quickly absorbs into the skin.
- Provides flawless smooth base and mattifying effect.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores,wrinkles and fine lines.
- Contains skin rejuvenation properties of aloe vera.
- No plastic ingredients used in the product.
- No drawbacks found
6. NYX Professional makeup honey dew me up primer
- Neutralizes the appearance of discoloration and redness.
- Preps and primes face for makeup application.
- Loaded with natural beneficial ingredients like honey.
- The gold flecks increase skin radiance.
- The collagen present strengthens the skin.
- Creates a luminous look for radiant skin all day.
- Honey acts as a natural antiseptic for the skin.
- Non greasy and long lasting primer.
- Provides deep moisturization for dry skin.
- Applicable on all types of skin.
- On the expensive side but effective.
7. Maybelline New York face studio master primer
- Blur away the skin imperfections.
- Makes skin flawless,yet feels fresh and light.
- Does not clog pores on the skin.
- User friendly and long lasting primer.
- Dermatologist and allergy tested product.
- Uniquely formulated with a water soluble base.
- Active ingredients that refine the look after makeup application.
- Gives a matte finish and freshness.
- Cream like consistency that provides deep moisturisation.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Gives an artificial smell.
8. Makeup revolution London ultra face base primer
- Provides a perfect base under foundation.
- Quickly absorbs and does not smell unpleasant.
- Smoothens out the skin to create an even canvas.
- The consistency is velvety soft and pleasant.
- Keeps makeup fixed for more than six hours.
- 24 hours makeup protection.
- Provides a perfect base under foundation.
- Creates even canvas for flawless makeup look.
- Improves the texture of the skin.
- Contains a few chemicals.
9. Lakme absolute blur perfect makeup primer
- Helps makeup blend seamlessly.
- Can be used as a moisturizer for instant smoothness.
- Creates a perfect finish and hides imperfections.
- Waterproof formula ensures makeup stays on throughout the day.
- Instantly brightens and softens blemishes.
- Lightweight,water-proof and smooth matte texture.
- Provides even toned skin on daily usage.
- Texture is creamy and blendable.
- Provides more vibrant shine to the face.
- Skin looks fresh after application.
- Causes cracking and flaking on the skin.
10. Colorbar perfect match primer
- Creates the smoothest canvas and is enriched with VitaminE.
- Reduce fine lines and large pores on the skin.
- Targets redness and smoothes skin texture.
- No paraben and no fragrances.
- Moisturizes skin and gives it a boost of antioxidants.
- Gentle enough for all skin types.
- Dermatologically tested and budget friendly.
- Gel based formula and water proof.
- Completely cover the pores and reduce dryness.
- The primer lasts for more than 12 hours.
- Flimsy packaging of the product.
11. Blue heaven studio perfection primer
- Gives studio perfection effect.
- Perfect makeup base and non greasy.
- Can be used as a base for eyeshadows and blush ons.
- Lightweight formula with silicones and vitamins.
- Soften,soothe and mattify the dry skin.
- Glides on the face and gives an amazing finish.
- Ideal for dry and sensitive skin types.
- Affordable and matte finish after application.
- Provides a natural shine to the face.
- Contains ultra moisturising formula.
- It’s a paraben product.
12. L’Oreal Paris base magique primer
- Hydrates and protects skin.
- Helps to mask wrinkles and open pores for even skin appearance.
- Mattify the skin to reduce shine.
- Makes the foundation last longer.
- Budget friendly and water proof primer.
- Reduces the appearances of blackheads and blemishes.
- Provides intense moisturization to the skin.
- Single layer application adds beautiful shreen to the face.
- Super lightweight and talc-free composition.
- Conceals imperfections of the skin in a single glide.
- Over priced product.
13. Milk Makeup Blur Stick
- Provides perfect velvety-matte finish.
- Prevents makeup from creasing.
- Hides the large open pores and minimizes the fine lines.
- Gives a perfect start for a flawless,professional makeup finish.
- Creates a perfect base for makeup.
- Silky blur formula instantly brightens, primes,softens blemishes and pores.
- Blends seamlessly for a more vibrant and colour true finish.
- Waterproof formula helps the makeup to stay longer.
- Hides skin imperfections and gives an even toned look.
- The texture is creamy and applicable on all skin types.
- Very expensive.
14. Swiss beauty pearl primer pores zero
- Makes the makeup stay vibrant for hours.
- Long lasting primer with waterproof formula.
- Gel form and easily applicable.
- Non comedogenic and good for dry skin type.
- Conceals a lot of blemishes,dark spots and wrinkles.
- Neutralises uneven skin and reduces redness.
- Dermatologist and allergy-tested product.
- The primer is slightly tinted which gives a really even tone.
- Paraben free and safe for all skin types,
- Really good mid range option and brightens up the skin.
- Not many drawbacks found.
15. Faces ultimate pro makeup fixer
- Non-sticky and refreshing formula.
- Enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients.
- Protects the skin from radicals and pollutants.
- Formulated with the wholesome benefits of hyaluronic acid.
- Provides hydration to the dry skin.
- Cruelty free makeup primer.
- It helps to stop makeup meltdowns.
- Affordable product with good quality.
- Gives natural shine to the skin.
- Extremely handy and affordable primer.
- The primer is thick in consistency.
Proper Application Of A Primer
- Firstly, cleanse your face with water and pat it. Apply moisturiser on the face and wait for a few minutes.
- Take a pea sized quantity of fame primer on your finger and dab the primer starting from the centre area of the face and then spread it all over the face evenly in circular motion.Make sure you apply the primer over the neck area also. Don’t forget to apply around the eye area and ears area.
- Wait for it to dry and then start with the application of foundation.Just observe,you require less foundation than earlier.
- Now your face is all set to slay all day.
Primers can double as makeup boosters and skincare staples.These oil free primers offers a light and smooth coverage,a selfie -worthy glow.And it goes without saying that a solid daily skincare that includes a best primer will help keeping the skin texture soft and supple.Achieving a glowy makeup look when you struggle with dry skin can be a dream for many girls out there.But now its super possible!So,What are you waiting for?Now achieve a flawless makeup look for everyday and every occasion,with the best primer for dry skin listed above.