Primers are a prime need for all us makeup heads out there, it is what decides the longevity and flawlessness of the makeup throughout the day because none of us wants to be running to the restroom every 2 hours to correct our makeup. Primers are your trump card that facilitates your makeup to stay undisturbed.
I discovered primers only a year ago and have been drooling over its amazingness since then. My first primer was an impulse buy which turned out to be not great as it caused breakouts and irritation, I learnt my lesson the hard way, this time, let’s make an informed decision this time.
I am baffled by the variety of primers out there and believe me, you need some data before you buy your own. I have done all the hard work for you; all you need to do is go read through our list of top 20 best face primers in India and choose one from them.
Let’s get into it, shall we?
Top 20 Best Primers For Face In India
1. Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer
- The product comes in a variation of 7ml, 15 ml and 50 ml in attractive glass pots.
- The product is rich in feel but is non greasy and non-oily still rendering your skin the best moisturizing because of its formulation of shea butter combined with vitamin B, C and E.
- The primer has the smell of geranium and grape fruits and on daily use leaves your skin looking and feeling at its best.
- The product is non-oily and non-greasy and lies smoothly on the skin.
- Best for all types of skin.
- The primer has a really lovable citrus scent.
- A little product goes a long way and moreover it provides an intense moisturizing effect to the skin.
- It minimises pores, leaves the skin supple and ready for foundation.
- The product comes in a heavy glass pot which isn’t of best convenience when it comes to application.
- It does have a positive effect on minimizing pores but might not be the best primer for pore coverage.
2. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
- The bottle contains 15ml of the product and is an orange-based serum that feels thin and oily.
- The face primer is made of truth-C complex, collagen, glycerine, orange and green tea extracts and aloe juice.
- The product is a blast with the goodness of vitamin C designed mainly for anti-ageing and for nourishing the skin.
- The serum promises and delivers a flawlessly smooth skin.
- It diminishes pores, hides lines and wrinkles and evens out skin tone.
- Lightweight and airy in texture making it easy for application.
- Water repellent and acts as a sunscreen due to its SPF quality.
- Paraben free
I genuinely couldn’t find any other cons for this said product.
3. BECCA First Light Priming Filter
- The pretty looking bottle contains 30 ml of the product which is a sheer purple lotion which gives a radiant and pearl finish.
- This transformative fluid has the goodness of hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, prickly pear extract and energizing ginger which promises a radiant, healthy looking flawless skin.
- The product is free from all animal By-Product, Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Gluten, Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Formaldehydes, Coal Tar, Triclosan, and Triclocarban.
- Helps provide an immediate radiant looking skin on application
- The primer glides over the skin and the lavender tones amped up the skin tone and kept it that way the whole day
- Gives a dewy looking skin throughout the skin
- The primer will hydrate, awaken and color correct your skin tone
- Blurs imperfections perfectly and gives you a silky-smooth skin
- User reviews suggest that the longevity for the holding up the foundation in place could be better
4. Smashbox Photo Finish Vitamin Glow
- The bottle contains 2 variants with 13 ml and 30 ml of the product
- The light weight, water gel formula promises to awaken and hydrate your skin giving it a healthy glow
- The primer is formulated with birch water which helps retains water to your skin
- Works well on all skin types.
- Leaves your skin feeling happy, healthy and juicy
- The primer is cruelty free, vegan ad bursting with the goodness of vitamin B, C and E
- Applies and blends well on the skin leaving a smooth canvas for your foundation
- The packaging is amazing, hygienic and easy to use.
- The price might be a little steep on your pockets
- Some user reviews suggest that the product might not be the best for minimizing your pores.
5. Nyx Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Primer
- The tube consists of 30 ml of the primer and comes in three different shades.
- The primer provides a smooth canvas for the rest of the makeup to be built on.
- Promises to create a smooth and matte finish.
- Reduces pore size well, blends well.
- Provides a smooth canvas for the rest of the makeup.
- Comes in a hygienic and easy to use tube type packaging.
- Lightweight and non-greasy and lies comfortably on the skin.
- A small amount of product is enough to provide relevant results.
- User reviews suggest that the product is best for our regular daily makeup looks but if you are someone who does a heavy-set makeup this product might be less hydrating.
- Availability could be a little challenging.
6. Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer
- The bottle contains 27 ml of the soft, creamy primer
- It is lightweight and pink-tinted formula that smoothes and softens skin
- The product comes in a pump dispenser bottle along with a cap which is convenient and clean to use.
- The primer blends really well into the skin giving you a smooth look
- Gives an oil free skin for a solid 6-8 hours
- It does not leave any residues behind
- Gives your skin an excellent matte finish
- The product is oil free, paraben free and fragrance free
- Few user reviews suggest that the primer had a mild dehydrating effect sometimes
- The primer comes in a glass bottle so if you are a little clumsy person like me, be a extra careful not to drop it
7. The Ordinary High-Spread-ability Fluid Primer
- The bottle contains 30 ml of the primer and is a silicon-based product
- The formulation is lightweight and blends seamlessly making a nice canvas for makeup
- A tiny bit of primer can cover your face and neck
- It applies smoothly into the skin and blends well
- It does a decent job covering the fine lines around your eyes and lips
- The product also does a wonderful job with minimizing your pores
- The makeup looks brilliant with this primer underneath
- The primer is free of alcohol, water and oil
- The packaging is very drugstore looking and the applicator that comes along with the bottle may not be very convenient for application.
- The primer is very silicon smelling, if you do not mind the silicon scent then this is a great find.
8. E. L. F. Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer
- The bottle contains 14 grams of the serum and could be your daily go to.
- The product is paraben and chemical free and is enriched with grape seed oil and extracts of vitamin A, E and C.
- The primer is very silky in texture and claims to make the skin smoother and firmer.
- The primer is free of parabens, sulphates and other harsh chemicals, it is cruelty free and vegan as well.
- Blends well on to the skin and does not clog the pores
- It makes the skin smoother, softer, firmer and hydrates well too
- The product responds well to sensitive and acne prone skin as well.
- The packaging is convenient and clean for application
- Many user reviews suggest that for oily or combination skin types this primer may not provide the best results as it is a bit greasy on the skin.
- The scent of the primer is not entirely pleasant though it evaporates quickly. The smell still isn’t the best.
9. M.A.C Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
- The sleek looking bottle contains 30 ml of the product and has a convenient pump dispenser with a cap
- The primer promises to be non-acnegenic, oil free and suitable for all skin types
- The formulation is gel like in consistency with special effect silicones, specially designed for long lasting effects
- The best quality of the product is that it is long wearing
- It holds the makeup well for a long time as well
- The primer evens out skin tone and proves good hydration and is also equipped with controlling oil production in the skin
- A small amount is enough to cover the skin and neck
- The product does not have an overwhelming or disturbing fragrance
- May not provide brilliant results in regards to minimizing your pores
- If you have an oily skin type, this might not be the best option for you
10. Benefit Cosmetics Professional Makeup Primer
- The tube comes 7.5 ml and 22 ml variations, the cream is silky and lightweight.
- The formula contains Vitamin E extracts that help protect your skin from free radicals.
- Claims to be excellent with minimizing pores and fine lines.
- Gives good results for mature skin types
- The product is non greasy and easy to blend in
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines and spots also controls oil secretion in the skin
- The product as the name suggests is good at minimising pores
- The primer comes in a convenient travel friendly package and is easy to use
- The primer might not be the best pick for people with dry skin types
- The product is not much hydrating so do make sure to keep your moisturizer handy
11. L’Oréal Paris Base Magique Primer
- The classy looking jar comes with 15 ml of the product, the primer is little thick in texture
- The high concentration of elastomers helps us achieve the excessive smoothness of the skin.
- The product also contains some soft powder that helps absorb the sebum production throughout the day
- Provide an unreal smoothness to the skin
- The product does a good job in brightening up your skin
- Provides a wonderful base for the foundation and helps for makeup to stay longer
- Applies and blends well and helps control oil production
- Is fragrance free and does a great job in minimizing open pores
- The primer comes in a beautiful jar that is pretty to look at but inconvenient to use as you will have to indulge your fingers every time
- It seems expensive especially with the quantity provided
12. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer
- The product comes in a convenient pump packaging with variation of 20 ml and 30 ml tubes
- The primer is modulated with hydrating coconut water
- The product claims to promote skin elasticity and give you a smooth healthy skin
- Paraben free, sulphate free and phthalate free, cruelty free, silicon free and vegan
- The primer has a pleasant coconutty smell and is lightweight on the skin, gets absorbed quickly as well
- Doesn’t feel greasy or leave any residue on the skin after application
- The product makes the skin look healthy and supple
- Comes in a hygienic pump packaging and convenient for use
- Might not have the best capacity with regards to the staying power of makeup
- User reviews suggest that the product might have difficulty with evening out skin tone
13. Maybelline Facestudio Master Prime Primer Makeup
- The tube contains 30 ml of the product and is has a weightless, water based, non-oily texture
- This face primer consists of 3 weightless, ultra-blurring spheres in a water-base formula, which claims to fight our biggest skin concerns and keep our skin looking flawless, light and refreshed.
- It claims to refine your makeup look but very clearly says that it isn’t great for reducing holes
- The product has a great texture and applies and blends well into the skin
- The primer helps hold the makeup in place for a long time
- Tiny amount of product is enough to cover the surface area of face and neck
- It is really good for dry skin as it retains moisture well
- The product comes in a travel friendly package and is easy to use
- The primer provides the best results when combining with BB creams or foundation, and doesn’t do its magic alone.
- User reviews suggest that it doesn’t brighten up the complexion on application, also availability seems a bit questionable
14. Colorbar Perfect Match Primer
- The tube contains 30 ml of the product and is satiny soft in touch
- The primer is formulated with Vitamin E and is free of parabens, fragrance and allergens. The brand is cruelty free as well
- The oil free primer applies well on the skin providing a smooth canvas for your makeup, it works well to cover your fine lines and spots
- The product spreads and applies well on the face
- The primer is long lasting and also helps hold the foundation in place for a longer duration
- The product comes in a sleek, elegant, travel friendly packaging and is decently priced
- On application, the skin feels softer, smoother and ready for makeup
- Prevents excess secretion of oil on the T zone
- The product may not work well for larger pores
- The primer applies really well on the skin but might be creasing near the eyelids.
15. SUGAR The Base Of Glory Pore Minimizing Primer
- The tube contains 30 ml of the product and is satin smooth formula that creates smooth and flawless skin
- The primer promises to not clog or block your pores and helps minimize shine giving you a matte finish
- The formula is free from paraben and oil, it also helps the foundation last longer
- Gives a mattifying effect to the skin and is long lasting
- The primer is lightweight and applies and blends well into the skin
- Controls sebum production well and the product is oil free as well
- Makes the makeup look flawless and smooth by covering fine lines
- The tube that the primer comes in is travel friendly and is convenient to use
- It is a silicon-based product so if that is a no for you then you might have to rethink this option
- The primer though great for its various qualities may not be the best at minimizing pores
16. L.A. Girl PRO. Prep HD Face Primer
- The tube contains 15 ml of the product and is clear gel like in consistency
- The product is paraben free and fragrance free, it gives a fine velvety look to the skin
- The product claims to seal the pores and fill in fine lines and helps makeup stay longer
- The primer is gel textured, applies well and feel light on the skin
- The product does a decent job in minimizing large pores and reducing fine lines
- The makeup lasts well for 6-7 hours straight
- Give a velvety matte finish to the skin
- The product comes in a travel friendly and easy to use tube
- For the price, the quantity of the product might seem less
- The product might have some difficulty in controlling oil and sweat from the skin
17. PAC Studio Finish Oil Primer
- The bottle contains 20 ml of the product and is an oil-based primer
- The formulation contains jojoba oil which nourishes the skin and gives a natural shine to the skin.
- The primer claims to provide a smooth canvas for makeup and gives a smooth soft glowing finish
- Well versed in minimizing pores on the nose and cheek area and it lasts the whole day
- It provides the skin a smooth flawless canvas to build the makeup on
- Works well on a combination type skin
- The makeup stays on longer and even sweat production is reduced throughout the day
- Has a luxurious scent that dissipates away quickly
- User reviews suggest that the product tends to make the skin dry especially in dry climates.
- It is a silicon-based formula, if you are allergic to the same, stay away.
18. Wet n Wild Photofocus Face Primer
- The tube contains 25 ml of the product and silky cream like in texture
- The product is formulated with white sapphire which helps give a smooth and crystal complexion
- The product claims to prevent caking, creasing and smudging and provide you a velvety matte finish
- The product blends and applied well and feel comfortably light on the skin
- Manages to keep skin fresh and control oil production
- Works as a brilliant base for makeup and improves longevity of the same
- The primer does a good job in minimizing pores and fine lines
- Comes in a travel friendly and handy package and the product peta certified, cruelty free brand
- If you have dry skin then make sure to moisturize as the product may not contain much hydrating qualities
- User reviews suggest that the primer might find difficulty in evening out skin tone.
19. Faces Canada Ultime Pro Perfecting Primer
- The product comes in a sleek tube containing 30 ml of the product indulging us in a velvety formula for easy application
- The product is cruelty free and hypoallergenic and promises a youthful and matte appearance to your skin
- The primer helps achieve a velvety soft skin, covers fine lines and wrinkles and brightens a dull skin, it also helps reduce sweating through pores.
- The primer is lightweight and absorbs into the skin within seconds
- It holds the makeup well for 5-6 hours which is quite decent
- Gives a matte and non-shiny finish on application
- The product is slightly tinted and works well for all skin tones
- The price is affordable and the packaging is classy and chic
- If your skin is too oily in texture then this product might not do the best job with controlling oil secretion
- User reviews suggest that the product might not be the best for minimizing pores
20. Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer
- The tube contains 30 ml of the product and has a thick mousse like consistency
- The product claims to be lightweight, waterproof and to give an even tone skin.
- The primer also promises to act as a perfect base for building your makeup on and helps in increasing longevity of the makeup.
- Highly affordable and travel friendly
- The primer brings an instant brightening effect to the skin
- The product is super lightweight and blends well into the skin and is airy in texture
- Helps create a smooth and soft base to build your foundation in
- Primer helps even out your skin tone and has a slight matte effect
- If you have a sensitive and acne prone skin, this one might not be the best option for you
- User reviews suggest they do not do the best job in covering pores
Choosing The Best Primer For Your Skin Type:
One of the most beautiful things about being a human is that each one seems similar from far but from near there are tiny fluctuations among us, though beautiful in a philosophical point of view, the same changes are a pain when it comes to the beauty industry. We all have different constructs to our skin which means makeup products cannot be made as one fit for all, there needs to be options among which we can choose the one that best fits our design, so, here are few things to look out for while choosing the best primers that would suit your skin type.
- For Dry Skin
If you have dry and flaky skin texture, the key word to look out for is hydration. The product that provides the best hydrating quality would be a jigsaw fit for you. Pick a silky formulation that is lightweight yet capable of hydrating your skin with ease.
- For Oily Skin
If your skin is the kind that can’t get tired of secreting oil all day along then you gotta be careful with all the makeup choices you make as you will be easily susceptible to breakouts. Make sure to get a formulation that assures to control sebum production. Silicon based primers could come handy in this area. Also, products that provide a matte finish can don an oily skin beautifully.
- For Acne-Prone Skin
Acne is like the annoying house guest that comes uninvited and sometimes never leaves. You need to be always alert and vigilant to keep these guests away, primers that are water based and oil free can be an excellent choice for an acne prone skin as they are safer as well as long wearing. Staying away from silicon-based primers can do you good.
- For Mature Skin
As we grow older the skin loses its flair and starts becoming dull and fine lines especially if we fail to look after it properly. For a mature skin it is best to go with formulations with hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. They will help keep your skin healthy and plump.
These are the 20 best hair curlers/curling irons in India. They are a perfect addition to your daily hair styling routine. Always remember to take good care of your hair as they are the basis of a well styled hair. Also, use good hair products and a combination of styling equipment so as to not over curl and over-treat your hair with heat. The curling irons chosen in this list helps in keeping your hair healthy and shiny and gives you beautiful curls in the process. A combination of a paddle brush and a blow dryer or a hair straightener will also give you a daily-use curls which is an alternative for a curling iron. This method can be used when you do not want to over-treat your hair or expose your hair to extensive heat treatment.