We spend an awful lot of money on our hair treatments. And so we do not want to spend more money treating the damage that these treatments cause. So the best thing that we can do is pamper our hair and maintain it well after these treatments. And that most basic thing that you should invest in is a good shampoo. All shampoo brands have come up with the best shampoos for coloured and treated hair.
These shampoos are made with the sole motive of nourishing chemically treated hair. They come with some additional benefits too like making your hair soft, removing dandruff, etc. So, avoid washing your hair too often and surely not with your regular shampoo. Instead, try one of the below-mentioned best shampoos for coloured and treated hair. All of them nourish, nurture, and pamper your coloured hair!
10 Best Shampoos for Coloured and Treated Hair
Here come the top 10 best shampoos for coloured and treated hair. These shampoos make sure that the artificial colour in your hair lasts longer. And that your hair is completely nourished and forgets about any harm caused by the chemicals during the hair colouring, straightening, or curling process. Chemical treatments take a toll on the natural pH balance of the scalp and hair strands. So we have to make sure we give our hair a lot of attention so that it maintains its pomp and splendour!
1. L’Oreal Colour Protect Shampoo
- This shampoo is infused with colour protect formula with UV filter for expert protection.
- It incorporates a Light-reflecting system with UV filters & active nourishing ingredients for coloured hair.
- It conditions all types of hair.
- The hair fibre is nourished from the roots.
- Prolongs coloured radiance and keeps hair protected by transforming its surface.
- UV rays protection
- Reasonably priced product
- A very pleasant fragrance
- Smooth and silky hair
2. TRESemme Colour Revitalize Shampoo
- Tresemme is a brand focused on creating stylist grade hair care products for daily use.
- Crafted with the advanced colour vibrancy technology for the protection of coloured hair.
- Enriched with ingredients like green tea, rosemary and sunflower.
- This is a dry hair shampoo that cleanses and makes your hair clean, soft, and manageable.
- One of the best shampoos for women that can help protect your hair colour and make it stay for up to 40 washes.
- Protects and keeps colour looking great
- Lathers really well
- Nice smelling shampoo
- Cost-efficient product
- Makes the hair dry
3. Matrix Biolage Colorlast Orchid Shampoo
- Matrix biolage colour care shampoo helps protect the radiance of colour-treated hair.
- Biolage colour care therapy is enriched with orchids and UV filter complex.
- Gently cleanses and moisturises the hair to help colour lasting vibrancy.
- Low pH mild shampoo for colour treated hair for ultra-soft and shiny hair.
- Clear shampoo with a nice creamy texture that lathers well.
- Contains no parabens
- Protects colour very well
- Instils a shine on the hair
- Very affordable product
- Contains SLS
4. Dove Colour Care Shampoo
- Dove’s colour care rescue shampoo help’s repair hair surface.
- With vibrant lock formula, it promotes longevity and vibrancy of the hair colour.
- Fibre actives reconstruct the hair from within to lock in the colour.
- Provides a lustrous, smooth feel to your hair as you run your fingers through it. Tangle-free and soft hair.
- Packaged well in a sturdy bottle with a flip open cap for easy usage.
- A very good consistency
- Has a very pleasant smell that lasts long
- Helps control frizz
- Widely available and very much affordable
- Conditioner becomes a must after the shampoo for hair colour protection
5. Revlon Outrageous Colour Protection Shampoo
- Revlon’s colour protection shampoo is specially formulated for coloured hair.
- Revitalizes the hair with MPG in a Revlon patented formula.
- Contains ceramides, silicones, and MP molecules to provide intensive protection.
- Minimizes hair damage while gently cleansing coloured and chemically treated hair.
- Prevents colour fade, adds volume, mends split ends, makes hair-softer & adds a nice shine.
- This is also one of the best shampoos for men with colour treated hair.
- The product lathers really well
- Packaging of the product is nice
- Mends split ends
- Radiant glow to colour treated hair
- Contains a large number of chemicals
6. Wow Perfect Colour Protection Shampoo
- A premium shampoo from Wow skin sciences specially formulated for colour treated hair.
- Powered with concentrated bio lipids that are derived from sunflower seeds.
- Ingredients include argan oil, almond oil and sunflower oil.
- Bio lipids penetrate the hair shaft and help seal the colour and moisturize the hair.
- Helps to smoothen the hair, slow down fading and gives a nicer glossy finish to your hair.
- No sulfates, silicones, or parabens
- Glossier and brighter hair
- Seals colour and slow down fading
- Safe & easy to use product
- Does not live up to its standards
7. Biotique Bio-Soya Protein Shampoo
- Bio-soya is a fresh nourishing shampoo from biotique for colour treated hair.
- Crafted with an ayurvedic recipe using 100% organic botanical ingredients.
- A blend of soy-bean protein, barberry and wild turmeric extracts.
- Cleanses the hair without disturbing natural pH balance and protects colour.
- A cruelty-free brand that does not carry out any animal testing.
- Preserves hair colour effectively
- Has a rather mild fragrance
- Lathers really well
- Contains no chemicals
- Packaging needs to be better
8. Indus Valley Colour Protecting Shampooing Conditioner
- A 2 in 1 formula that works as a conditioner and shampoo.
- Does not strip hair of the colour and helps it to last longer.
- A dermatologist-recommended brand that is safe for coloured hair.
- Has natural ingredients that are extra safe, nourish the scalp, and moisturize the hair.
- Visible results with smooth, soft and shiny hair and works for normal to dry hair.
- 2 in 1 formula
- Lathers very well
- Does not dry hair or affect the colour
- No Parabens or SLS
- Prevents Dandruff
- Contains a very strong herbal scent
9. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo
- Schwarzkopf gliss is a hair repair shampoo for colour protect and shine.
- Keratin serum present in it gives you a beautiful and healthier looking hair.
- Specifically for coloured hair with 3D colour luminance formula and keratin serum.
- Anti-fading product with UVA & UVB filter that gives 12 weeks colour protection.
- Strengthens the inner hair structure and seals the cuticle for long-lasting colour.
- Cleanses without leaving any residue
- Gives hair shine and vibrancy
- Helps hair to retain colour
- Creamy texture and is hydrating
- Contains a huge number of chemicals
10. Wella SP Color Save Shampoo
- A colour preserving shampoo to protect colour treated hair.
- Created with a 3D colour protect technology to prevent colour fading.
- Contains UV filters, olive leaf extracts and polyquaternium – 7 beeswax combination.
- Helps cleanse and nurture the hair making it healthy with a durably vibrant colour.
- The product is dermatologically tested.
- Moisturises and smooths hair
- Increases shine and luminosity of the hair
- Prevents colour from fading
- Expensive product
Just going through this list would have given you an idea about how much care and maintenance coloured and treated hair needs. It is not just a one time appointment at the beauty salon. It is a commitment that requires constant care and you should be up for it. Otherwise, be prepared for lifeless hair, hair fall and an irritated scalp. Lol, don’t get scared. Just choose one of these best shampoos for coloured and treated hair and you are sorted.