Shampoo. Repeat. Condition. This has been our morning routine for a loooong time. We have all been looking for the best shampoos for hair growth for as long as we can remember. Most of us don’t even have the time to dry our hair completely before we head out to work or college or school in the morning.
We have heard a lot about how too much shampoo can cause hair fall, how too much rubbing of the hair can cause breakage and much more. Putting all this aside, the first thing you should do is choose a shampoo that is good for your hair.
For this we have curated a list with the best shampoos that stimulate hair growth. So choose the best shampoo for you before worrying about how to use it.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Hair Growth
Keeping all our woes in mind and considering a lot of factors like ingredients, after-feel, etc., and put together this list of 10 best shampoos for hair growth in India.
Here are some technical terms to know so that you can understand what exactly the package of the best shampoos for hair growth says.
IFRA: IFRA stands for the International Fragrance Association which regulates the use of certain fragrances worldwide. If a product is IFRA certified it means that it contains only IFRA approved fragrances.
GMO-free: GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organisms. These are unnatural organisms created in a lab through genetic engineering/modification techniques. If a product is GMO-free, it means that it does not contain any genetically modified organisms.
BSE-free: The BSE-free certificate is issued by a cosmetic association that certifies that no prohibited materials are used in the product, the manufacturing process or the package of the product.
Paraben-free: Parabens are harmful chemicals that are used in cosmetics and food as preservatives. Paraben free shampoo means that the said shampoo does not have any harmful preservatives.
SLS-free: SLS stands for Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. This is the ingredient that makes your soaps and shampoos lather. However, it is harmful for your skin and hair. SLS-free means that the product does not contain any SLS.
Vegan-free: A vegan-free product is one that does not have any ingredients derived from animals like milk, eggs, etc.
Cruelty-free: A cruelty-free product is that that has been produced without harming any animals.
Now that you are an expert, start reading!
1. Ogx Biotin and Collagen Shampoo
It is not easy to pick just one shampoo from Ogx and call it the best. They have a host of shampoos with various ingredients that serve various purposes. I have chosen the biotin and collagen variant as this is a list of best hair growth shampoos.
- This shampoo contains powerful ProVitamin B7 Biotin that revitalises each strand of hair.
- It also has collagen that adds life and volume to each individual strand of hair.
- It is paraben-free and SLS-free.
- Fragrance is great.
- Good consistency and lathers well.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- Hair feels voluminous, smooth, and soft.
- Fragrance does not linger for long after hair wash.
- Not easily available offline.
2. Aroma Magic Triphla Shampoo
This is a product from Blossom Kochhar and you would have seen this product being used in a lot of salons. I know I’m not the only one who strains my eyes to see what brand and what product the hairstylist is using. This is one such product.
- The shampoo deeply cleanses, nourishes, and conditions hair.
- It contains many natural ingredients and essential oils.
- Natural ingredients include amla, triphala, fenugreek, and shikakai. The essential oils include that of lemon, rosemary, green apple, and cedarwood.
- Adds volume and shine to hair.
- Hair does not become greasy for 2-3 days after shampooing. So it is great shampoo for women with oily hair.
- Lathers well.
- Fragrance is fresh.
- Not easily available.
3. Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo
Biotique has been around for years and is one of the first brands that comes to mind when you think of body care with natural ingredients.
- It is a mild formula that gently cleanses hair.
- It contains many natural ingredients like Bhringraj, Neem, Daruhaldi and Tesu Flower.
- Neem helps get rid of dandruff.
- The product cures inflammation in the hair follicles.
- No SLS and therefore does not lather.
- Fresh and pleasant fragrance.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Can dry normal hair. Conditioner/serum is must.
4. WOW Coconut Milk Shampoo
WOW products are here to wow you and this shampoo is no exception.
- The formula helps add elasticity, hydration and strength to hair.
- This product is sulfate-free, paraben-free, salt-free, silicone-free and has no artificial colours.
- Adds smoothness to dry hair with regular use.
- It contains nettle leaf and Saw palmetto extracts.
- Improves hair texture.
- Adds bounce and shine to hair.
- Great for oily hair.
- Great fragrance.
- Does not lather much.
5. Khadi Mauri Shampoo
Khadi is one of the most trusted and ancient Indian brands around. Their products are all free of harsh chemicals and are made with natural and wholesome ingredients.
- This shampoo is infused with the goodness of Amla and Bhringraj.
- It is sulfate-free, paraben-free and chemical-free.
- Amla removes dryness and adds shine and bounce to hair.
- Bhringraj strengthens hair roots and encourages hair growth.
- Prevents scalp infections.
- Gentle and chemical-free formula.
- Protects hair from sun damage.
- Restores natural pH levels.
- Prevents formation of dandruff.
- Not suitable for dry hair without conditioner.
6. Organic Harvest Daily Shampoo
As the name suggests, this shampoo from Organic Harvest like all its other products does not contain any harmful chemicals and is one of the best shampoos out there with organic ingredients.
- This product is paraben-free, vegan-free, cruelty-free, BSE free and is organic and GMO free.
- The product is very mild.
- It helps to maintain moisture balance in hair.
- It is infused with keratin.
- Can be used everyday.
- It cleanses and nourishes the scalp at the same time.
- Improves hair texture.
- Maintains a healthy scalp.
- Has to be followed by a conditioner.
7. Forest Essentials Bhringraj and Shikakai Hair Cleanser
You know how we know that Forest Essentials is a fancy brand? Cos their shampoos are called hair cleansers. Haha. Let’s take a look at the features.
- This shampoo has mild formula that controls breakage, hair thinning and promotes hair growth.
- Shikakai contains micronutrients that help control dandruff.
- The presence of bhringraj helps strengthen hair and stimulates hair growth.
- Completely cleans hair and scalp.
- Prevents hair fall and dandruff.
- Gives hair a smooth texture.
- You will run out of the product soon.
8. Indulekha Bringha Anti-Hairfall Shampoo
After the revolution that their bringha hair oil was, all of us were hoping for Indulekha to drop more hair products and they did.
- This shampoo is marketed as an “Ayurvedic proprietary medicine”.
- Men love this shampoo cos a dollop is enough for their hair wash.
- It contains the goodness of 9 bringha plants.
- There is no artificial colour or fragrance added to the product.
- It helps nourish and rejuvenate your hair from the scalp.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- Makes the scalp squeaky clean.
- Consistency is thick.
- No fragrance lingers on the hair.
- Product used without conditioner may dry hair.
- May need a second wash if hair is too oily.
9. Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo
Mamaearth has been doing really well since its launch in 2016. The brand claims to produce 100% toxin free products and people are loving it. They started with baby products and have now diversified into other niches as well.
- This shampoo by Mamaearth is one of the best onion shampoos out there.
- It is infused with onion oil and vitamin E to boost hair growth.
- Presence of 18 amino acids help maintain moisture levels in the hair.
- IFRA certified allergen free fragrance.
- Helps to maintain smooth and frizz-free hair.
- Safe for coloured and chemically treated hair.
- Makes hair stronger and thicker.
- Reduces hair fall and stimulates hair growth.
- May cause scalp acne for some people.
10. Fabindia Silk Protein Shampoo
We all know the simple yet elegant clothes that fabindia makes us buy on a casual window shopping tour of their store. There is no such thing as coming out of a fabindia store empty handed. But have you noticed their skin care products?
- This is a nourishing shampoo that moisturizes and rejuvenates hair.
- It has ingredients that strengthen hair.
- Ideal for dry hair or for shampooing without oiling.
- Removes oil after just one wash.
- Can be too drying on hair.
So, there you have it! This is our list of the best shampoos for hair growth. Did we leave out your favourite shampoo? Let us know in the comments section. Also try one of these shampoos and tell us about your experience.