From breakage to frizz, dryness is one of the core causes of most hair gripes. But speaking of treating hair dryness, this question is obvious: Which shampoo are you using? A wrong product can strip off all the natural moisture. That’s why it’s important to own any of these best shampoos of dry and frizzy hair in India.
The shampoos listed here not only shields your scalp’s natural oils but also infuses it with 100% hydration. These special formulas are the key reasons your hair will stay moisturised and shiny (but don’t forget to use a good hydrating conditioner after shampooing for best results).
10 Best Shampoos in India that Hydrates Dry Hair
These are some of the best options in India that treat dry and damaged hair. So, pick your favourite.
1. L’Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Shampoo
- Extra-gentle and leaves hair soft
- Sulfate-free formula
- Has a rich lather
- Infused with rosemary & juniper
- Has an invigorating aromatic smell
2. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Keratin Smooth Micellar Shampoo
- Infused with Apricot kernel Oil
- Nourishes your tresses
- Reduces frizz formation
- Adds long-lasting shine
- Suits straight, curled, wavy, and all hair types
- Free from harmful chemicals
3. L’oreal Mythic Oil Shampoo for Dense & Thick Hair
- Enriched with a sublime combo of oils
- Designed to clean and refresh your hair
- Adds a beautiful shine
- Made with argan oil & myrrh extract
- Provides wonderful detangling effect
4. Dove Dryness Care Hair Shampoo
- Contains sunflower seed oil
- Makes your hair 5x smoother
- Formula has pro-moisture complex
- Protects hair from everyday wear & tear
- Makes the hair more manageable
5. Pantene Silky Smooth Care Shampoo
- Enriched with ancient secret fermented Rice Water
- Exclusive Pro-Vitamin formula
- Say goodbye to dry and frizzy hair
- Combo of 8 amino acids & vitamins
- Hair feels smooth and silky
- Up to 10x protection from damage
6. Tresemme Spa Rejuvenation Shampoo with Marine Minerals
- Contains marine minerals and essential nutrients
- Has fresh and soothing scents
- Nourishes your scalp & hair
- Made of quality ingredients
7. Wella Invigo Nutri Enriched Deep Nourishing Shampoo
- Exclusive formula for dry and frizzy hair
- Enriched with goji berries
- Contains natural vitamins, peptides, and minerals
- Replenishes & moisturises frizzy and stressed hair
- Fortified with vitamin E
- Shields the hair from damage
- Offers optimum hydration
8. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- For Seductive, Soft, and Silky Perfection
- Exotic blend of Moroccan Argan Oil
- Renews, Moisturises, Penetrates, and Creates Softness
- Strengthens the hair
- Contains natural antioxidants & Vitamin E
- Free from Resins & Parabens
9. Jovees Argan Oil Hair Repair Shampoo
- Unique blend of Argan Kernel Oil + naturally-derived ingredients
- Penetrates through the hair shaft easily
- Strengthens the hair roots
- Distributes evenly in wet hair
- Ideal for damaged hair
- Gets rid of split ends
10. BBLUNT Born Again Shampoo for Dry & Stressed Hair
- Unique blend of hydrolyzed keratin, quinoa, glycerin, and provitamin B5
- Revitalises, reinforces, and strengthens your hair
- Safe on colour-treated hair
- Free from cruelty and parabens
- Specially designed for Indian hair
How to Choose the Best Shampoo for Dry Hair?
Picking a good shampoo for treating hair dryness is crucial. Else, you might end up jeopardising your hair situation even more. So, there are a few things to make a note of before you buy that bottle.
- Hair type plays a key role in picking the right bottle
Each shampoo is formulated with an end goal and hair type in mind. So, let’s say you have curly hair, then look for a good moisturising shampoo that’s exclusively created for curls (often omits harsh sulfates).
On the other hand, if you have fine and thin hair, look for a nice, lightweight formula, which doesn’t weigh down the already-limp locks. Lastly, if your issue of dryness is due to colouring or heat styling, go for a good damage-control product.
- Keep an eye on the hydrators
Check for terms like“hydrating,” “nourishing,” and “moisturising” on the bottle. “Gentle cleansers” is yet another phrase to watch out for. This means that the shampoo cleans your scalp without stripping. Look for natural moisturisers like jojoba oil, argan oil, coconut oil, shea butter, dimethicone, and glycerin.
- Buy one that’s enriched with proteins
A protein-based shampoo is one of the best ways to prevent dry and frizzy hair. Use it at least twice a week. So, look for a good hydrating formula, which has protein as a key ingredient. Brittleness & dryness are often the main reasons for hair damage. Therefore, look for a product that does both — repairs with protein and moisturise your tresses deeply.
Hope, you found this list of best shampoos for dry and frizzy hair in India interesting. Before I say bye, there’s one thing you need to follow too.
Stop using those hair styling tools because you’re trying to deal with your dry and damaged hair. And using those hot tools will worsen the situation. And if you have coarse or curly hair, it’s even bad because your hair tends to get drier naturally.