A widely known fact is that men’s skin is usually tougher and would require special attention or skincare products that actually cater and suit its needs. But most of the time we are all guilty of using whatever we can get our hands on and this has to change.
So, stop circumventing and being careless, instead give your skin the care it deserves. There are many soaps specially formulated for men. Use these soaps and you can see clearly, immediately visible results that are astonishing. Below I have included a list of some of the best soaps for men to use in India.
10 Best Soaps for Men
Here come the top 10 best soaps for men in India to use. Each of these soaps cleans the skin of grime, dirt, and pollution keeping the skin healthy. Most of the soaps in the list contain activated charcoal, menthol, eucalyptus, or some sort of other cooling ingredients. These help to clean and rid the skin of any odor and leave you feeling fresh.
1. Beardo Activated Charcoal Soap
- A natural charcoal cleansing soap formulated for men for deep cleansing.
- Chief ingredients are Activated charcoal, Sugar, Patchouli oil, and Aloe vera.
- Gives a light and smooth skin by clearing all the dirt from the pores.
- Removes the oil, dirt, and pollution making the skin clean.
- Helps to moisturize the skin and exfoliate all the dead cells.
- A deep cleansing soap
- Imparts a natural glow
- Oil and dirt control
- Lathers well
- No drawbacks were found
2. The Man Company Activated Charcoal Soap
- Powered with the powerful cleansing properties of activated charcoal.
- A handmade soap that is 100% natural with carbon black charcoal.
- Contains activated charcoal a tested and verified skin cleansing agent.
- Helps draw out toxins as well as oil and dirt that are clogging pores.
- Antibacterial properties kill germs, exfoliates the skin and give a smooth texture.
- 100% natural soap
- Treats acne and pimples
- A long-lasting bar that deep cleanses
- Contains no harmful chemicals
- Price of the product
3. Cinthol Confidence+ Soap
- Cinthol is a widely trusted brand in India with soaps suitable for all ages and skin types.
- Antibacterial bathing soap with 99.9% gem protection.
- A grade-1 bathing soap with a TFM rating > 76%.
- Has a pleasant deo fragrance that lasts all day long.
- Helps combat dirt, germs, and dust.
- Easily available and affordable
- A pleasant ivory scent
- A creamy soap but not slippery
- Removes all dirt and body odour
- Can cause dryness
4. The Bombay Shaving Company Refreshing Menthol Soap
- 100% natural handmade bath soap that is very refreshing and exfoliating.
- Chief ingredients include Menthol, Poppy seeds, and coconut oil.
- Helps remove all dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Revitalizes and refreshes the skin restoring its radiance.
- Soothes itchiness, redness, and sunburns.
- Contains no parabens
- 100% natural ingredients
- Moisturises skin texture
- Poppy works as an exfoliator
5. Man Arden Eucalyptus & Spearmint Soap
- 100% vegan natural handmade soap with natural organic ingredients.
- Contains eucalyptus, spearmint, wheat germ oil, extra virgin olive oil, and mahua oil.
- These essential oils possess anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that fight germs.
- Rejuvenates the skin and enhances the skin tone for clean and radiant skin.
- Helps the dry and dull skin regain suppleness while cleansing without disturbing the skin’s natural pH balance.
- Cruelty-free product
- Contains no harmful chemicals like sulphates, mineral oils and parabens
- Very gentle soap
- Absorbs grease and excessive oils
- No drawbacks were found
6. Fiama DI Wills Refreshing Gel Bar
- Packed with wholesome ingredients a range specially designed for men.
- Enriched with sea minerals, blue lotus extract, and a refreshing fragrance.
- It contains skin conditioners that penetrate deep and help keep the skin moisturized.
- Has a very invigorating fragrance that washes away tiredness and rejuvenates.
- Makes for a superior bathing experience with youthful skin and freshness all day long.
- Cleans the skin
- Lathers really well
- Has a pleasing heavenly fragrance and removes body odour
- Quantity and pricing are just right
- Contains SLS
7. Park Avenue Cool Blue Soap
- This is a Grade 1 soap with TFM>76% making it safe to use.
- It is powered with menthol and multimineral energizers.
- A fragrant soap with the citrus scent and aqueous scent to elevate one’s senses.
- Naturally enhances the skin making it smooth, supple, and soft.
- A cooling soap that will leave you fresh and energized.
- Easily available
8. Ustraa Rebel Cologne Soap
- Filled with the goodness of walnut granules for deep cleaning and mild exfoliation.
- A triple-milled men’s soap that does not melt away, so more soap that lasts longer.
- Has coconut-based raw material and imported palm that makes the foam richer.
- Along with its antibacterial properties, it has a long-lasting intense fragrance.
- Walnut and witch hazel extracts help remove the dirt and give a complete bathing experience.
- Contains no harmful chemicals like sulphates and parabens
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Less goop and more soap that lasts longer
- Skin-safe and friendly
9. Essenza Di Wills Inizio Homme Bathing Bar
- Inizio Homme is a signature range for men that blends charisma with style.
- Ingredients include lemon, cedarwood, sandalwood, plum, vanilla, and musk.
- The bathing bar cleanses and scents the skin well to provide an overall experience.
- Has a truly captivating aura that stands out.
- Lasts longer than most soaps as it does not wash away.
- A very mild and fragrant soap
- Does not irritate the skin but hydrates it
- The scent lingers and lasts for hours
- Value for money and impressive packaging
- Contains chemicals like parabens
10. Wild Stone Ultra Sensual Soap
- A deodorizing soap for men that removes body odour and keeps you feeling fresh.
- A premium soap made from kokum butter to keep the skin soft and smooth.
- Has a long-lasting fragrance due to the intense woody notes.
- Gentle cleansing soap that removes impurities and cleanses the skin.
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Can use on your face
- Moisturises the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Easily affordable product
- The soap has chemicals
How To Choose a Soap that is Suitable for you?
Soaps are the most basic daily luxuries that one experiences. Just by upgrading your soap or using the one that perfectly fits your skin, it can make bathing a blissful experience. So, I’m going to help you and list out what to watch out for while buying a soap next time.
They are various types of soaps from conventional bar soaps, handmade soaps, and artisanal soaps. However, it is good to know this but much more important is your skin type and the ingredients of the soap. Knowing your skin type will help narrow down the search and strictly find soaps that suit your skin and complement it without causing any damage.
Each skin type will have its own problem to counter and ingredients that complement it.
Dry Skin types will need a soap that hydrates and moisturizes the skin without causing further dryness. Ex– Shea butter soaps, Honey containing soaps or any moisturizing ingredient soap
Oily Skin types would require a soap that controls and washes off all the excess oil without causing any stickiness. Ex– Soaps that contain neem, turmeric, lemon, and sandalwood.
Normal Skin types can use just about any soap based on what they expect from it
Then there is the need of the hour that we must consider. What do you expect from your soap? Some of us buy wonderful luxurious soaps that happen to disappoint. So, always ask yourself what do you want?
Every soap cleanses but do you want deep cleansing? Dirt removal? Fairness? Skin tone brightening? Or any other Specific skin problems combating soaps? Once you have your answer you can choose a soap.
Finally, the most important aspect is to always read the ingredients list of the soap to notice the contents and find any visible red flags. Soaps do contain harmful toxins and chemicals in them such as Parabens, SLS, Silicones, Benzophenone, etc. That must be avoided preferably.
How to Use A Soap Properly?
Each of us just goes into the shower and just gets to bathing. It’s not like we do anything on purpose but we just have a routine. There is nothing wrong with how most of us bathe using soap. However, experts say that there is a right and perfect way to use a soap that can help clean efficiently and go a long way.
- Do not apply the bar directly on your skin- it will not create the necessary lather
- Use a washcloth or a loofah at all time to lather and apply soap onto the body
- Rub the cloth 0r loofah over the soap a few times this way soap gets absorbed and produces much more lather
- Coldwater showers help soaps last longer than hot water showers
- Store in a water draining box and keep away from water for long-lasting
- Do not place a wet soaked soap in a closed box or store it outside on a ledge it will not come for long periods
- Do not leave the soap in water or near water or steam open
- Soaps can be cut into 2-3 pieces this way it does not get wasted away
Bathing soaps are a necessity that can offer a luxurious blissful feel by using the right product. Given the fact that men’s skin is tougher and has different needs, it is only sensible to use soaps that are formulated for men’s skin. Use the soap that is meant for your skin and reap the benefits.