Dry skin is a much more common problem then we give credit for. Many people, especially women, suffer from skin dryness that also causes itching. This is because women never care for themselves. By the time they are done with their household chores, they are too tired to moisturise their skin and pamper themselves.
So this list of the best soaps for dry skin in India is for these women. For women who feel like 24 hours a day is not enough. And for people who simply don’t have the time or the energy to pamper themselves. And being a lady, I can relate more to the dryness issues that women face. But I’m sure men also deal with skin dryness and need moisturising soaps. So these best soaps to treat dry skin are for all the men out there as well.
Best Moisturising Soaps to Treat Dry Skin
We have put together this list depending on various factors like price, brand trust, reviews and personal opinions. We have also included the rating for each of these aspects. So go ahead and check out our collection of best soaps for dry skin and itchy skin related issues.
1. Dove Cream Beauty Bathing Bar
- Dove’s 1/4th moisturising cream formula helps skin retain its moisture.
- No.1 brand recommended by dermatologists.
- Dove isn’t a soap chemically speaking, it’s a beauty bathing bar.
- Dove never dries the skin like any regular soap would.
- It is a white oval-shaped soap that comes packed in a really nice white box.
- It is a very mild soap
- Nourishes the skin
- It helps the skin retain moisture
- Makes the skin smooth and soft
- Not suitable in all seasons
2. Pears Pure and Gentle Bathing Bar
- A company with over 200 years of heritage in manufacturing glycerin bathing bars.
- Pears soaps are trusted to be very gentle on the skin.
- Recommended by doctors and paediatricians alike.
- Contains natural oil & 98% pure glycerin that keeps your skin soft.
- It is dermatologically tested.
- A very mild fragrance
- A soft lather that ensures that the skin is pampered
- Contains pure glycerin
- Locks all the natural moisture within the skin
- No drawbacks were found
3. Ayush Cow Ghee Moisturizing Soap
- Ayush’s range of products is carefully crafted with authentic recipes prescribed in ancient Granthas.
- The chief ingredient is Cow’s ghee and Pinda Thailam.
- Pinda Thailam is a powerful concoction of ayurvedic herbs like Manjistha and Sarva.
- Extremely dry skin can be cured with cow’s ghee.
- Pinda Thailam cures inflammation and moisturises the skin.
- Cures even extremely dry skin
- No preservatives & harmful chemicals found
- Contains herbal extracts
- Does not last long
4. Cetaphil Medicinal Soap
- It is a syndet bar and not a soap.
- Syndets are very gentle bars that are recommended for cleansing and moisturising.
- It is a non-alkaline & non-soap cleansing bar with a pH of 5.5.
- Moisturising properties reduces dryness and it cleanses impurities.
- It produces a very rich and creamy lather.
- Has a very mild fragrance
- Very gentle cleanser
- Suitable for sensitive, dry & rough skin
- Ideal for all age groups
- Contains SLS
- A tad expensive
5. Aveeno Moisturizing Bar
- Aveeno moisturising bar is primarily formulated for dry skin.
- 100% authentic and genuine cleansing bar.
- It cleanses the skin very well and gently moisturizes it.
- It contains oatmeal that naturally soothes the skin.
- A great skincare product for healthy and bright looking happy skin.
- Gentle enough even for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist recommended
- Fragrance-free & dye-free
- Good for babies
- Extremely expensive
6. Bombay Shaving Company Shea Butter Bathing Bar
- A natural & handmade deep cleansing soap.
- Rich in shea butter and natural honey that makes your skin feel better.
- A blend of signature fragrances for long-lasting odour protection.
- Nourishes the skin and makes it soft.
- Shea butter soap for both oily & dry skin.
- Expensive Product
7. The Body Shop Shea Soap
- It is a vegetable-based soap that cleanses and moisturizes the skin in one step.
- The main ingredient in the soap is Shea butter.
- Made with shea butter procured in Ghana from community trade.
- In addition, it consists of vitamin A, Vitamin C, glycerine and palm oil.
- A high-quality product that’s good for dry skin.
- Best moisturizing soap I’ve come across
- The sheer experience of shea butter’s goodness
- A pleasant long-lasting creamy fragrance
- A white soap that lathers really well
- The product is really expensive
8. Shea Moisture African Black Soap
- It is a certified organic brand that uses ethically sourced fair trade ingredients.
- African black soaps are amazing exfoliators due to the microbeads of natural ingredients present in them.
- Shea Moisture African Black soap is a natural skin cleanser that leaves the skin feeling moisturised.
- Soothes and heals irritated skin while maintaining healthy pH of the skin.
- A soothing soap that is made especially for severely dry skin with fair trade shea butter.
- Too expensive.
9. Soulflower Hot Chocolate Soap
- Traditionally hand-made FDA approved soap.
- Hot chocolate soap is a natural moisturiser soap with nourishing coconut milk.
- It is the perfect skin therapy for people with normal to dry skin.
- Chocolate is the chief ingredient along with it is ginger, olive, coconut and Vitamin E.
- 100% natural cold-processed soap.
- No parabens & no SLS
- 100% vegan product with herbal extracts
- A stimulating chocolate aroma
- No synthetic colour
- Fragrance seems overpowering.
10. TNW Oats & Honey Moisturising Soap
- TNW’s oats & honey soap is a handmade herbal soap with natural ingredients.
- Exfoliates and removes dead skin cells with the help of oatmeal.
- Honey and glycerin make it a great soap for dry skin.
- It reduces tanning and brightens skin tone.
- No parabens
- No SLS
- 100% vegan product
- 100% natural product
- A pricey product