Self-love is an extremely liberating concept, and it is something each and every single one of us deserves to experience in this life. What do we do for the people we love? We pamper them, and that’s how you should also start your journey of self-love. That is the reason Critik is here with the list of the 15 best sulfate & chemical-free shampoos in India.
Your hair is an essential part of you and deserves to be treated with care. It needs products that are gentle, and that is why we have handpicked the best sulfate-free shampoos and the best chemical-free shampoos separately and brought them together just for you, with lots of love.
10 Best Sulfate-Free Shampoos in India
At Critik, “best” stands for perfect. Here are the 10 BEST sulfate-free shampoos in India:
1. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- This is a nourishing shampoo that works for all hair types.
- Your hair is protected from styling without harmful chemicals such as sulfates and parabens.
- This shampoo contains Moroccan Argan Oil and smells absolutely amazing.
- It is extremely good value for money.
- This works as an excellent detangling shampoo for your hair.
2. De Fabulous Reviver Hair Repair Shampoo
- A widely trusted brand established in 1930 with a vision for healthier livelihood
- Anti-hair fall shampoo is a breakthrough 2 in 1 formula
- Helps reduce hair fall and subsequently provides nourishment to the shafts
- Contains herbs Butea frondosa and Bhringraj that stimulate hair follicle growth
- An ayurvedic infused product with the trust of science
3. Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
- Protein shampoo for falling hair made with an ayurvedic recipe using 100% botanical extracts
- A nourishing shampoo that cleanses hair and invigorates the scalp
- A blend of pure kelp, neem bark, natural proteins and Bhringraj plant extracts
- Organically pure and free from any type of preservatives
- Dermatologically tested product and cruelty-free.
4. The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo
- Hair fall rescue shampoo is a strengthening shampoo formulated to reduce hair fall
- ¼ moisturising milk nourishes the hair and repairs hair damage
- Claims to reduce hair fall by 98%
- Deeply nourishes the hair from the root to tip
- Nutrilock activities with nutritive serum make hair stronger and healthier
5. Richfeel Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Hair fall defense shampoo is enriched with keratin protein
- Specially formulated for Indian hair and also suitable for oil treatments
- Claims to reduce breakage up to 97% after just one wash
- Keratin protein helps strengthen the hair and prevents hair fall from breakage
- Conditions and hydrates your tresses while giving hair its elasticity
6. Aveeno Active Naturals Pure Renewal Shampoo
- Khadi red onion shampoo is a 100% natural product made from organic ingredients
- Has Red onion, caffeine, curry leaf & Indian alkanet root all known to boost hair growth
- Onion is a natural source of quercetin a powerful antioxidant known to protect the hair
- Beta-carotene in curry leaf helps limit hair loss and caffeine promotes hair growth
- Contains no harsh and harmful chemicals like SLS, parabens or preservatives
7. Biotique Bio Green Apple Shampoo
- Anveya is a moisturising and nourishing shampoo for healthier hair
- Contains natural hyaluronic oil, argan oil, and green tea seed oil
- Combines resisthyal a new generation active ingredient with fermentoil hair complex
- Nourishes hair, cleanses the scalp, creates a pollution barrier and prevents breakage
- Treats split ends, hair fall, dry hair, damaged hair, oily hair, and dandruff
8. OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Advanced onion shampoo is a hair growth shampoo with powerful ingredients
- It is an organic product with 100% natural ingredients
- Has red onion oil, Sank pushpi, Nagarmotha, Brahmi, Amla, Methi, Aloe vera, Hibiscus, Neem extract, Liquorice etc..
- Moisturises the scalp and hair promoting growth and preventing further damage
- Anti-fungal properties help treat dandruff and keep the scalp clean and healthy
9. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Freeze Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Hair loss therapy control shampoo contains ayurvedic and western herbal extracts.
- Powerful formulation enriched with natural DHT blockers and Bhringraj.
- Ingredients include amla, neem, henna, shikakai, lemon, biotin, rosemary, and niacin.
- Helps promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Reduces hair breakage and hair fall up to 98% on regular usage.
10. Khadi Pure Herbal Walnut Shampoo
- A 2 in 1 Red onion shampoo plus conditioner for hair fall with natural herb oils
- Contains a perfect blend of Amla and Brahmi with 10 essential natural ingredients
- Rich antibacterial properties cleanse the scalp and promote hair growth
- Nourishes hydrate the hair and scalp by lubricating hair follicles & scalp bed
- Contains no harsh or harmful ingredients like parabens, sulfates, silicones or SLS
Your hair is too precious to be exposed to harmful chemicals such as sulfates and parabens. It is of utmost importance to keep your hair safe and sound from these toxins. Use the recommended shampoos and see for yourself the difference it makes!
Even though the above-mentioned shampoos claim to be sulfate-free, they are not free of other harmful chemicals. If you really want to protect your hair, you have to use a chemical-free shampoo that is made 100% natural ingredients. As an added bonus, these shampoos are also 100% vegan.
Top 5 100% Natural Chemical-free Shampoos
1. Axiom Mukti Gold Liquid Shampoo
- This is a liquid shampoo.
- Its ingredient list consists of 13 natural herbs which include coconut, shikakai, bhringraj, neem, tulsi, bahera, etc.
- This is a WHO–GMP certified product.
- This falls under the category of Ayurvedic Medicine.
2. Havintha Natural Hair Shampoo
- Ingredients include Reetha fruit powder, Amla powder, and Shikakai powder.
- Comes in the form of a powder that has to be mixed with water to create a paste before using.
- It nourishes and conditions your hair naturally.
- The product promotes hair growth.
- Suitable for both men and women.
3. Mahagro Herbal Hair Wash
- This product is 100% herbal, has no chemicals and is completely organic.
- It consists of 8 natural herbs like amla, reetha, shikakai, menthi, brahmi, kapoorkali, bhringraj, and hibiscus.
- One of the most natural and healthy ways of cleaning your hair.
- Comes in the form of a powder that has to be mixed with water.
- It does not create any lather as there are no additional foaming agents added.
- This is suitable for both men and women and for all hair types.
4. Earthy Sapo: Shampoo Bars
- They have a Reetha shampoo bar and a Multani & Shikakai shampoo bar.
- The Shikakai bar is suitable for normal to oily hair while the reetha one is suitable for dry hair.
- This is vegan and toxin-free.
- This has no preservatives, no artificial hardeners, no SLS or parabens, and no other harsh ingredients.
- You can rub the wet bar on wet hair to form a rich lather, massage it into the scalp and hair for a few minutes and wash it off.
5. All Natural Probiotics Shampoo Bar by Goli Soda
- Probiotics are good bacteria that work to reduce any irritation in the scalp and promote hair growth. They do not harm the hair or the scalp in any way.
- Its ingredients include saponified edible coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil, almond oil, shikakai powder, brahmi powder, hibiscus powder, peppermint essential oil, and probiotics.
- This is suitable for normal hair types.
- Immediately after switching to this shampoo, for about 4 to 5 washes you may notice a lack of luster in your hair as this when all residual chemicals in your hair get washed off.
- This does not contain harmful chemicals, preservatives, artificial fragrances, SLS, and parabens.