Sulfates in shampoos are just as bad as strawberries on pizza (do not google it, you will die). While it is true that everyone has their own hair washing schedule that suits them, it is extremely important that they use safe products.
In this endeavor, the first thing you must look for in shampoos is if they are sulfate-free. The presence of sulfates can increase the effect of the shampoo, but it will strip your scalp of essential proteins and oils resulting in unhealthy hair. That being said, let us take a look at the 10 best sulfate-free shampoos in India.
At Critik, “best” stands for perfect. Here are the 10 BEST sulfate-free shampoos in India:
1. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- This is a nourishing shampoo that works for all hair types.
- Your hair is protected from styling without harmful chemicals such as sulfates and parabens.
- This shampoo contains Moroccan Argan Oil and smells absolutely amazing.
- It is extremely good value for money.
- This works as an excellent detangling shampoo for your hair.
2. De Fabulous Reviver Hair Repair Shampoo
- A widely trusted brand established in 1930 with a vision for healthier livelihood
- Anti-hair fall shampoo is a breakthrough 2 in 1 formula
- Help reduce hair fall and subsequently provides nourishment to the shafts
- Contains herbs Butea frondosa and Bhringraj that stimulate hair follicle growth
- An ayurvedic infused product with the trust of science
3. Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
- Protein shampoo for falling hair made with an ayurvedic recipe using 100% botanical extracts
- A nourishing shampoo that cleanses hair and invigorates the scalp
- A blend of pure kelp, neem bark, natural proteins and Bhringraj plant extracts
- Organically pure and free from any type of preservatives
- Dermatologically tested product and cruelty-free.
4. The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo
- Hair fall rescue shampoo is a strengthening shampoo formulated to reduce hair fall
- ¼ moisturising milk nourishes the hair and repairs hair damage
- Claims to reduce hair fall by 98%
- Deeply nourishes the hair from the root to tip
- Nutrilock activities with nutritive serum make hair stronger and healthier
5. Richfeel Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Hair fall defense shampoo is enriched with keratin protein
- Specially formulated for Indian hair and also suitable for oil treatments
- Claims to reduce breakage up to 97% after just one wash
- Keratin protein helps strengthen the hair and prevents hair fall from breakage
- Conditions and hydrates your tresses while giving hair its elasticity
6. Aveeno Active Naturals Pure Renewal Shampoo
- Khadi red onion shampoo is a 100% natural product made from organic ingredients
- Has Red onion, caffeine, curry leaf & Indian alkanet root all known to boost hair growth
- Onion is a natural source of quercetin a powerful antioxidant known to protect the hair
- Beta-carotene in curry leaf helps limit hair loss and caffeine promotes hair growth
- Contains no harsh and harmful chemicals like SLS, parabens or preservatives
7. Biotique Bio Green Apple Shampoo
- Anveya is a moisturising and nourishing shampoo for healthier hair
- Contains natural hyaluronic oil, argan oil, and green tea seed oil
- Combines resisthyal a new generation active ingredient with fermentoil hair complex
- Nourishes hair, cleanses the scalp, creates a pollution barrier and prevents breakage
- Treats split ends, hair fall, dry hair, damaged hair, oily hair, and dandruff
8. OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Advanced onion shampoo is a hair growth shampoo with powerful ingredients
- It is an organic product with 100% natural ingredients
- Has red onion oil, Sank pushpi, Nagarmotha, Brahmi, Amla, Methi, Aloe vera, Hibiscus, Neem extract, Liquorice etc..
- Moisturises the scalp and hair promoting growth and preventing further damage
- Anti-fungal properties help treat dandruff and keep the scalp clean and healthy