Do you think sunscreens will make your skin even oilier? Of course, Not! All you need is a mattifying and non-pore sunscreen. There are numerous sunscreens in beauty markets that provide oil-free and nourished skin. People who regularly use sunscreen show 24% less skin ageing as per statistics. These sunscreens not only protect your skin against harsh sun rays but also reduce the level of oiliness. So to help out all you guys out there with oily skin, we have listed the best sunscreens for oily skin. Scroll down for our picks of the best sunscreen lotions for oily skin in India.
10 Best Sunscreens for Oily skin in India to Buy Online
1. Dermafique Soleil Defense All Matte Sunscreen
- This matte sunscreen has UVA and UVB photo stable filters to neutralize free radicals and prevent sun-induced ageing.
- Greatly suitable for normal to oily skin
- Prevents tanning, pigmentation and premature ageing caused due to sun exposure
- SPF 50 sunscreen powered by full light technology
- Provides matte finish and does not leave a white cast
- Fragrance free formula enriched with Vitamin E and antioxidants
- Light weight formula
- For hot and humid climates
- Dermatologist tested product
- Non-oily and non-patchy
- Applied under daily makeup
- Availability issues
2. Plum Green Tea Daylight Sunscreen Gel
- This is a complete vegan sunscreen for oily skin that provides deep nourishment to the skin.
- Vegan sunscreen for oily acne prone skin
- Antioxidant Green tea that fights acne while protecting the skin
- Protects from harmful UVA & UVB rays while being super light weight on the skin
- Enriched with calendula extracts that calm down irritated skin
- Niacinamide that helps brighten skin and improve texture
- Mineral oil free
- SLS free and cruelty free
- 100% vegan sunscreen
- Used in all seasons
- Non- comedogenic product
- Not many drawbacks found
3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion
- This sunscreen lotion can help protect your skin against burning, signs of aging and skin cancer using its Helioplex technology.
- It penetrates deeper in to the skin
- Contribute to early signs of skin aging and wrinkles
- Protect the skin against burning
- Broad spectrum SPF 50 + Protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free
- Waterproof and sweatproof
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ultra-light and non-shiny
- Dermatologist tested
- Won’t clog pores
- Not available in different volumes
4. RE’EQUIL Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen
- This sunscreen gives a velvety dry touch with no whitecast with advanced low penetration and oxybenzone sunscreen filter.
- Easily blends into skin and leaves no white cast
- Enriched UVA protection ensures safety from harshest UVA
- Water and sweat resistant properties
- It acts as perfect under makeup primer
- A unique combination of organic hybrid and mineral sunscreen filters
- Mineral sunscreen filters
- Oil free formulation
- Water and sweat resistant
- Leaves no white cast
- SPF 50 protection
- Not for too oily skin
5. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 in 1 matte look daily sunblock
- The birch extract of this lotus 3 in 1 matte sunscreen refines the pores of your skin and reduces oiliness by providing firming effect on the skin.
- Greatly reduces oiliness and refines pores
- Contains birch, mallow and hops extract
- SPF 40 protects skin from the harmful UVA/ UVB sun rays
- Blends easily to give matte finish
- Reduces skin tanning, premature ageing, redness and sunburn.
- Non-greasy formulation
- Natural actives enriched
- Even tone complexion
- Refines the pores
- Reduces skin darkening
- Availability issue
6. Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Sunscreen Lotion
- Biotique’s nourishing and moisturizing properties help heal skin and promote healthy cell renewal
- Protect and prevent skin damage with SPF 30
- Softens and brightens skin for fairer complexion
- Replaces natural oils and replenishes lost moisture
- Infused with pure honey, wheat gram and seaweed
- Provides extra nourishment
- Suitable for all skin types
- 100% natural ingredients
- Preservative-free product
- Budget-friendly sunscreen
- Lighten the complexion
- Contains artificial fragrance
7. Organic Harvest Sunscreen for Oily Skin
- India’s first certified organic sunscreen with Blue Light Technology that protects the skin from harmful blue lights and UV RAYS.
- Certified organic soybean oil have UV blocking formula
- Antioxidants and nutrition supply controls skin’s oil
- Kaolin helps in absorbing excess oil and minimize sun damage
- Greatly helps in healing sunburned skin
- Protection from long-wavelength UVA and smoothens skin
- 100% organic and plant based
- No synthetic chemicals
- Paraben and sulphate free
- Completely vegan product
- No testing on animals
- Not many drawbacks found
8. Oriental Botanics Nature’s Vitamin C Brightening Sunscreen
- Intensive sun protection with SPF 50 and superior protection against UVA and UVB rays are provided by Oriental Botanics Nature’s Vitamin C Brightening Sunscreen.
- Infused with Raspberry extract, carrot seed extract and avocado oil
- Ultra-soothing and water-resistant formula
- Gets absorbed by the skin easily and feels light
- Suitable for all Indian skin types
- It boosts collagen protection in the skin and reduces black spots.
- Natural botanical ingredients
- Reduces dark spots
- Deeply moisturize the skin
- Intense hydrating properties
- Non-patchy after application
- Texture is not so good
9. RE’EQUIL Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen
- RE’EQUIL Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen has highly researched formulation, developed in WHO-GMP certified facility
- Oxybenzone and OMC free Cosmeceutical formulation
- Dermatologically tested and clinically proven ingredients
- High safety and effectiveness
- Prevents breakouts, tanning and pigmentation
- Work on allergy and skin sensitivity
- Dermatologically tested
- SLS and paraben free
- Clinically proven constituents
- Non-greasy matte finish
- For oily, sensitive and acne prone skin
- A bit costly
10. Aroma Magic Aloe Vera Sunscreen Gel
- This sunscreen has SPF 30 protection from UVA and UVB rays and is water-resistant for 80 minutes.
- Enriched with wheatgerm, avocado and rapeseed oils
- Provides natural safety, Vitamins B5, C, E and prevent visible signs of ageing
- Notes of calendula, peppermint and roman chamomile essential oils hydrate and reduce acne
- Non-nano zinc oxide scatters harmful sun rays
- Aloe vera purifies and provide smart sun protection
- Natural sun safety
- Budget friendly product
- Provide youthful radiance
- WAter-resistant & alcohol-free
- Dermatologically tested & fragrance-free
- Does Not absorb deeply
It’s undoubtable that sunscreen lotion is a crucial part of every individual’s skincare routine. The above listed sunscreens are reviewed based on its Chemical-free quotient, consistency and longevity. So it’s essential to pick the right sunscreen for your beauty regime.Just go for it!
1. Should I apply sunscreen before or after the moisturizer?
Sunscreen should always be applied after the moisturizer as the final step in the skin care routine.
2. Does sunscreen prevent aging of skin?
Using a broad spectrum sunscreen will prevent the skin from the harsh UV rays and prevents the loss of elasticity and collagen from the skin.
3. Do I need to wear sunscreen everyday?
Yes, sunscreen should be worn everyday to protect the skin from harmful radiations that might damage the skin.
4. Is it ok to leave sunscreen on overnight?
It is important to use sunscreen during the day for skin protection from sun damage but it is always recommended to wash it off before going to bed at night.
5. Does sunscreen whiten the skin?
No, sunscreen does not whiten the skin because skin whitening is a chemical process. Sunscreen will only reflect the UV radiation to protect the skin.