Having a specific skin type and finding products that are tailored to fix those issues is a nightmare in itself. Especially when it is a product like that of sunscreen which is an inevitable requirement.
To all the dry skinned beauties out there, I am too, a proud member of your club and I have taken it upon myself to bring to you the best sunscreens for dry skin that would treat your skin the way it deserves.
So, here is my curated list of top 10 best sunscreens that is hydrating to our dry skin meanwhile giving excellent sun protection.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens For Dry Skin In India For Max Protection
1. Sun Bum Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion
- Comes in a bottle or tube containing 237 ml of the product, it is lightweight and enables fuss free application
- With broad spectrum SPF 50, this oil free formulations protects the skin from the sun as well as nourishes and moisturises with the goodness of vit E
- Antioxidants and the SPF promises you a leisure time in the sun while also working to prevent ageing caused by free radicals.
- Protection from tanning
- Refreshing coconut fragrance
- Does not breakout skin
- Non greasy texture
- Settles well on skin
- Might leave behind residue
2. Eltamd Uv Elements Moisturizing Physical Tinted Facial Sunscreen
- The tube comes with 57 grams of the product, the cream is 100% physical and glides through the skin perfectly
- The hyaluronic acid in the ingredients helps improve the skin’s integrity and helps combat the signs of ageing, it is tinted and has broad spectrum SPF 44
- Chemical free and oil free formulation along with the transparent zinc oxide makes this one of the best dermatologically recommended brand
- Water resistant
- Younger looking skin
- Effective mineral based formulation
- No fragrance
- Gentle on all skin types
- Tinted, may not suit all skin tones
3. Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Sunscreen
- Comes in a tube with 85 grams of the product that is thick and creamy in consistency with broad spectrum SPF 50
- Made with oat protein and oat extracts, this product woes to give your dry skin the intense hydration you are looking for
- It is designed to be sweat and water resistant and concentrates solely on nourishing your dry skin
- Deep moisturisation
- Sweat and water resistant
- Slick glowing skin
- Improves complexion
- Convenient packaging
- Low quantity for the price
- May not be best for face
4. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen
- A super cute white bottle with a pump dispenser containing 150 ml of the product and has the texture of a moisturiser with broad spectrum SPF 30
- The formulations is lightweight and feels easy on the skin and has a blend of exotic island botanicals
- It claims to protect your skin from the sun meanwhile promising a luxuriously soft skin
- Silky smooth skin
- Long lasting effects
- Weightless and non greasy
- Bottle with pump dispenser
- Water resistant
- Contains fragrance
5. Neutrogena Hydro Boost
- A blue tube containing 88 ml of intense hydration formula, this sunscreen glides on the skin with ease with broad spectrum SPF 30
- The formulation fulfils the thirst of your dry skin and contains hyaluronic acid that improve the structure of the skin
- The powerful mix gives a brilliant finish and a non greasy, residue free appearance to the skin
- Highly hydrating formula
- Forms a good base for makeup
- Does not leave behind residue
- Extremely lightweight
- Does not breakout skin
- High priced
- The scent might be overwhelming
6. Paula’s Choice RESIST Daily Hydrating Fluid Face Cream
- 60 ml of the product comes in a convenient tube packaging and the product is water light weight in consistency
- The broad spectrum SPF 50 provides protection from UVB and UVA rays and is enriched with the goodness of antioxidant rich chamomile and vitamin E
- It claims to provide you a satin soft, smooth looking hydrated skin while also [preventing the signs of ageing
- Protects skin integrity
- Drives away ageing signs
- Nice base for makeup
- Prevents tanning
- Antioxidant protection
- Consistency may seem too watery
- Might not work for sensitive skin
7. Avene Very High Protection Spf50+Spray
- The orange bottle fitted with a pump dispenser comes with 200 ml of the product, it is a spray hence enables easy and fuss free application
- It contains four filters of broad spectrum SPF 50 UV protection and is pumped up with pre tocopherol and thermal spring water
- This antioxidant and skin safe formulation protects you dearly from the sun and keeps your skin healthy and damage free
- Dewy finish to skin
- High quality ingredient list
- Works on sensitive skin type
- Mild easy fragrance
- Hands free application
- Could be more affordable
- Might require constant reapplication
8. Nivea Sun, Moisturising Lotion
- The navy blue bottle contains 125 ml of the product and is a little heavy in consistency and absorbs well on skin
- The broad spectrum SPF 50 swears to protect your skin fiercely while the collagen in the mix helps kick any active signs of ageing
- This water resistant formula will give you sun protection and quick much needed hydration
- Water resistant
- Instant hydration
- Prevents wrinkles
- Quick absorption on skin
- Sturdy packaging
- Chemical scent
- Consistency might be too sticky
9. Kaya Clinic Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen
- Comes in a white tube with 60 ml of the product, it is creamy, lightweight and absorbs well into the skin
- The hydroxyethyl urea in the formulation hydrates and conditions the skin thoroughly
- Provides a broad spectrum SPF 30 protection as well as nourishing properties to the skin
- Glowing skin
- Doesn’t leave behind residue
- Not greasy on skin
- Good hydration to dry skin
- Sits well under makeup
- Questionable fragrance
- May not prevent tanning
10. Organic Harvest Sunscreen
- This organic sunscreen comes in small bottle with a pump dispenser containing 50 grams of the product, it is creamy and light in texture
- Completely free of chemicals, this product is made with the richness of olive oil, tamarind seed extracts and clay minerals that work together to give intense moisture and sun protection
- It is water resistant, sweat proof and heals your skin inside out
- 100% organic formulation
- Moisturises the skin
- Long lasting, water resistant
- Prevents tanning
- Help improve skin texture
- Strong scent
- Constant reapplication may be required
Sunscreen is extremely important, there is no debate on that. The UVA and UVB rays from the sun are harmful to the skin, the UVA is responsible for causing premature ageing and can damage the collagen layers and UVB rays can damage the surface of the skin and can lead to sunburns. When both these combine together and attack the skin, it can lead to skin cancers. With sunscreens it is also important to remember to reapply it every once in 2-3 hours (especially if you are out in the sun throughout the day), this way it would provide the best possible protection to your skin. With a dry skin, it is best to choose a sunscreen that contains hydrating ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, glycerin etc.
FAQs: Common Concerns Regarding Sunscreens
1. Should you wear sunscreen if you are indoors?
I believe it is best to apply when you are roaming around in the active sun, other than that few minutes in the sun shouldn’t be too harmful and it will give you some Vitamin D too. So when indoors, I don’t believe it’s important but opinions vary.
2. Should there be different sunscreen for face and body?
You don’t necessarily have to buy two different products, but there are certain sunscreens which are body and specific too, so, as far as the product says it can be used for both, use it for both.
3. How much is SPF important?
Recent studies have shown that SPF 100 gives major protection compared to an SPF 50, but looking from a broader point of view it would be wise to own something that has at least an SPF of 30.
4. How to care for dry skin?
Make sure to use products that assure intense hydration and moisturising, do not opt for powder based products as they make the skin more dry, go for products that are creamy containing ceramides, glycerin etc.
5. How to care for sunburned dry skin?
Sunburn once happened has happened and will take some time to rectify, stay in and hydrate religiously. Apply olive oil or coconut oil, they can help soothe the skin a little too.