Let’s start with a cute and a funny story.
Long long ago, there lived a girl who was cute and happy. But just one thing that troubled her. She had troubled lips since the first snow. She tried rubbing it, picking it off, washing it, biting it but to no avail.Just as sad as she was, she tripped one day next to her cabin- with some ear wax tube lying on the pavement. And then the rest is history !
I don’t know if this girl existed but that’s how a tinted lip existed and is existing among us! Yes you heard it right ! It’s not important to flaunt your lips without any proper precautions. And that’s when tinted lip balm comes to the rescue. The combined effect of it shows that it can be a moisturiser/lipstick/lip-pack or whatever you can call it to be. But you should know to choose it rightly. And that’s when it’s important for you to understand what your body needs.
These parameters help you to get a packaged idea on how categorically we have listed and reviewed for you on the basis of different parameters. Everything is ranked based on the total outlook on each product. We have classified the judging parameters for the best tinted lip balms into the following categories.
Any product withstands only when it renders great quality. This parameter is something which can not be overlooked. Few might alter the quality of the product by mixing instant outcomes for temporary satisfaction.Save your bucks by checking the quality rating.
This is the baseline parameter when it comes specifically to tinted lip balms . Higher the pigmentation, better the results. This parameter ensures you if you are buying the right product for the right need.
Cost – Worthy
Investment is as important as any other prevention towards a particular product. Parameters in any best tinted lip balm would fluctuate the cost accordingly.
User – Friendly
Not everyone follows or knows a particular order to use the product, it’s always a mix of audience which ranges from beginners to professionals. This parameter ensures you the rankings of the product being applicable for all criterions.
A collective rating of all the reviews collected, and filtered in a single frame for your ease and convenience.
A cumulative final score by checking all the above parameters and everything in general – an editor’s opinionated review.
Top 10 Best Tinted Lip Balms | Product Reviews
1. Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
I’ve got no introduction for this, because it has so many ingredients and its benefits that I can’t edit it whatsoever, so let’s check it out alright?
- It comes beautifully packed in a box which has no specific colour – just a plain white jar, but the quantity is extremely generous – as it weighs 12gms
- Let me remind you that Biotique contains pure and the resources used are safe for environment as its renewable and it contains no preservatives as it is manufactured in the foothills of the Himalayas
- The natural ingredients used are erandi- which basically adds glossy features and shine to your lips, mulethi- which makes your lips soft and supple, Angur- which reduces dryness, prevents loss of moisture and side effects from other products, Badam infuses natural glow which is rich in vitamin E, Vach – which reduces the mature skin and helps in blood circulation and suryamukhi.
- Since these benefits have to be available to all, it can be used by men and women
- The shelf life of this tinted lip balm comes till 3 years
- And all these features for such an affordable price
- 100% natural
- Glides very smoothly and user friendly
- No harsh chemicals are used
- Would make an excellent tint balm as it gives nourishment to the skin and would protect you from the harmful products of the lipsticks that you use
- Very very reasonable
- Quantity is more than worth at this price
- No negative reviews
2. Khadi Essentials Luxurious Ayurvedic Strawberry & Beetroot Lip Lightening Lip Scrub
Life is a circle and no one can ever contradict this statement. We need modern hacks fitting to this modern life and we need it to be healthy as well. The ancient goodness of oils , herbs which our ancestors used and did nothing but looked ravishing, we get products with organic add ons so that we can look “natural”. *chemicals crying in corner*
Khadi Essentials Luxurious Ayurvedic Strawberry & Beetroot Lip Lightening Lip scrub has been a result of this belief and we can’t be more happier. The amount of time and effort has been made to bring this to reality is the same as the number of organic products that have been ingrained. Let me brief in the deets to you
- The ingredients in Khadi essentials are certified GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) which can make you buy anything without a second glance
- This product is rich in ingredients like Betanin and Vitamin C, olive oil and coconut oil natural cane sugar and walnut grits
- Sugar cane helps in retaining the moisture on lips and acts as an excellent exfoliating product, while the oils used are helpful in lip-hydration. Betanin from beetroot helps in detoxing and increasing the pigmentation in lips and removes dark spots on lips. The walnut grits help in making your lips supple and nice.
- The small granules present in this tinted lip balm improves blood circulation and brings in the natural colour.
- This product is free from harmful substances like artificial wax , parabens, added fragrances and colours and chemicals
- This product is not tested on animals. Yay!
- Generous content which weights 15gms
- Certified GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Cruelty free
- Free of Parabens, chemicals , artificial wax, fake fragrances
- Improves blood circulation and brings in the natural colour
- Increases the pigmentation, removes the stains of nicotine and prevents drying lips
- Provides antioxidants and detoxes the lips, exfoliates it well
- Removes dead skin cells
- No negative reviews
3. EOS Lip Balm Smooth Sphere, – Strawberry Sorbet
Let’s just rewind a decade back? Now who remembers the oh la la CHUCK BASS from GOSSIP GIRL ? Umm.. now let’s concentrate on your butterflies later, but if you remember this, you’d remember how a random and a chic lip balm became viral. Yup, now you’re here!!! As the tinted viral one was none other than EOS lip balm smooth sphere.
It’s an export product which makes it simple for us to grab and have a great product because it is available on Amazon!!!
- This lip balm comes in a cute egg shaped box which is not conventional and that itself grabs eyeballs. It is so cute like a candy that you can just pop it inside your denim and you’re good to go. Anywhere, anytime and frankly without anything ! 😉
- And this is humongous like it should be as it is fairly organic and contains no harsh chemicals
- Few might be healthy but heavy, few might be cheap but would contain harsh chemicals, few might be decent but not moisturise. But this is all in one. One in all.
- It contains goodness of vitamin E, Shea butter and jojoba oil.
- It does not contain Phthalates, Petroleum and Parabens
- It is gluten free and is 100% natural with almost 95% organic substances
- It’s very easy to use as it has a twist off top
- High in antioxidants
- Very smooth on skin and gives rich texture
- Makes a perfect lip base
- It can also be the best night wear on lips
- Suffices all good qualities for a perfect lip balm
- Very non greasy and non waxy
- Ugh! Money ! But don’t you think it’s worth it?
4. The Body Shop Lip Juicer -Açai, Blueberry and Dragon Fruit
Body Shop comes in a separate list of brands which can be trusted all day, all time. Now this lip juicer stands apart for various reasons.All is fair in love, war and duh. SHOPPING !
And no one can stop you from stacking your cupboard with loads of these cute little lip balms because dude ? They’re cute !!! These are proud vegan boosting balms which can make you feel fancy forever. Shout out to this rich, mouth – watering, makes you wanderlust and gets you a joyous ride with flavours and fragrance
- We got to discuss the packaging as it makes this lip balm stand apart. You would be nostalgic as it reminds you of crayons! It weighs 4gm
- The names which are kept for these lip balms have been inspired by the salads and smoothies. Since it’s 100% vegan, it is safe
- It is enriched with organic olive oil, marula oil and Shea butter
- The texture gets full points as it is non sticky and smooth on lips – you won’t feel a thing !
- It gives a bright colour on your lips as it is not transparent
- 100% vegan
- Packaging is eye – catching
- Very comfortable and smooth on lips
- Free from harmful minerals
- Petroleum free and paraffin free
- This lip balm also gives you a matte finish look
- Makes your skin retain its elasticity
- Gives you clean lines- non chap
- An excellent alternative for any lipstick
- Not very travel friendly
5. Lotus Herbal Lip Balm – Raspberry
As we’ve seen in many reviews that has been done previously, Lotus has been a safe option for many people for various reasons- the quality it delivers, the cost which is practical for many, the ingredients ingrained and the customer service and reviews, everything has been simple and safe, which is not very common among many products.
This lip balm is perfectly tinted and a choice of many. Coming in multiple flavours and variations, they tend to be available all the time
- This creamy balm comes in a small round and a flat box. The volume that it contains is 5gms which is acceptable for such an affordable price
- It is enriched with natural ingredients like jojoba oil and has a large source of vitamin E
- Since it is originated from India, it attracts audience worldwide as many foreigners look into the Indian natural and essential products and their benefits
- It acts as a natural skin nourished item and contains wheat germ oil
- It has antimicrobial properties which would protect your lips from any external allergies and the goodness of honey acts as a skin emollient
- It has high antioxidants which is excellent
- Enriched with natural ingredients and avoids as many chemicals as it can
- Creamy lip balm prevents dry and chapped lips
- Very easy to use
- Available all the time
- Extremely travel friendly and pocket friendly as well
- Very reasonable
- High in antioxidants and contains antimicrobial properties
- Available in various flavours and colours
- Does not last long
6. Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm – Narangi Glaze
Forest essentials serves a purpose of its title as it manufactures from natural supplies and the oils used are essential oils which are supremely healthy. As any Ayurvedic craze would religiously agree that any product should be used patiently for a particular amount of time and that’s when you see the results – the “worth it” results which is long time profitable
- This forest essential luscious lip balm has a flat packaging which contains 4gm of the product inside
- The goodness of orange and almond oil brings in supple and hydrates your lips
- The chapped layer slowly fades and brightened your lips with the juicy balm
- It makes your lips feel healthy as it is nourished with Kokum butter, cocoa seed butter, kernel oil, sweet almond and vitamin E
- 100% natural product
- Chemical free
- Hydrating skin
- Soft and nourishing lips
- Suitable for all types of lips
- Prevents chapped lips
- Brightens the lips
7. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm,- Rose
Burt bees have been a luxurious product for reasons which no one can complain.From packing to processing, from name to fame , everything has been very framed with this brand.
It’s surprising to see a brand which does not originate from India to follow the mantra of “essential oils usage”. Made with love and care, only to deliver the best service, it sure does have a huge following
- Burt Bees tinted Lip balm comes in a stick which is not too thick or not too thin, hence that makes it wonderfully portable. It weighs 0.150z
- It comes not in one but various flavours which can be suitable for various occasions and moods. The various flavours include Caramel Daisy, Blush Orchid, Petunia, Pink Blossom, Hibiscus, Rose, Sweet violet and honey suckle.
- The natural products which are used here are Soya-bean oil, canola oil, sunflower seed oil, goodness of Shea butter, fruit and vegetable oil, castor seed oil, jasmine etc
- It has no fragrance and suitable for extremely sensitive skin/lips
- It satisfies all features of a good tinted lip balm
- Non greasy and non waxy
- Gives a decent pigmentation
- Chapped lips will vanish in seconds
- Acts as a natural moisturiser and repairs the lips
- Filled with natural ingredients
- Glides smoothly
- Contains varieties of tinted lip balms
- Does not contain SPF
8. Sugar Cosmetics SUGAR Tipsy Lips Moisturising Balm – Mojito
The loyal customers of sugar cosmetics has only been increasing and the reason satisfies as they are happy with what they buy. And any best tinted balm should been seen as a healthy alternative rather than a luxury one.
This moisturising balm comes in so many varieties and it has been a super hit among us. This particular flavour that I’ve picked (Mojito) has such a unique look for a lip product as you get a beachy vibe by just looking at it. Now who is missing “vitamin SEA” just like me?
- Sugar Cosmetics SUGAR Tipsy Lips Moisturising Balm comes in a sky blue package which has the blue bar which is satisfying to look. It weighs 4.5 grams which is generous generally
- It comes in 6 shades – Mojito(blue), pina colada (grey), L.I.I.T(wine red), Irish coffee(nude pink),
- Mango margarita(orange) and bramble(dark purple).
It is enriched with Shea butter, Vitamin E and Jojoba oil which is highly recommended
- Hydrates and protects from harmful rays
- Has so many highlighting components like Shea butter jojoba oil and vitamin E
- Promotes healthy and supple lips
- Has different varieties for different occasions
- Naturally protects from skin damage
- Prevents chapped lips
- Moisturising comments for this is A1
- Fragrances are really good
- People who prefer fragrance free lip balms might not want this as it as a strong fragrance
9. NIVEA Lip Balm – Soft Rose
Nivea is an age old brand, which has been like a home , a go to – to many and it has been a benefitting factor as a brand image in terms of quality and quantity!
- NIVEA keeps it simple and sturdy when it comes to product display as it believes in investing its benefits on quality, not in appearance. Sometimes classics are well, classics na?
- They come in a small tube with the cute combination of pink and white, and they come in a sealed transparent pack. The weight of this tinted lip balm comes around 4.8 grams.
- They come in various colours and flavours. And this soft rose has the feature of making your lips smooth and velvety
- NIVEA has always been a recommended product in terms of bringing the inner healthy skin and increasing its suppleness
- They are reasonable
- Comes in various fragrances and flavours
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Works well as a moisturiser
- Nourishes and hydrates your skin
- Travel friendly and available in many outlets
- Ingredients has not been properly mentioned
10. Maybelline New York Baby Lips Colour Changing Lip Balm – Pink Bloom
It’s the time when chapped lips visit you like the annoying neighbours who pop up out of nowhere – clearly unwanted ! And if you plan to apply lipstick, the flakiness and the weightage added to the lips would have been no less than a nightmare.
This is the best time when you can skip to easy and breezy alternatives.Maybelline New York Baby Lips Colour Changing Lip Balm – Pink bloom has been a relief for many reasons. And no they are no high-school lame glosses which have no purpose.Let’s discuss its features
- This edition of maybelline has gathered a show-stop and open- mouth reaction when it was first introduced to the world, as it is ridiculously reasonable with 1.7 gm with each package
- This is a perfect tinted lip balm which is independently worn and comes in various shades
- They are perfect for any weather as they are natural moisturisers which fruity fragrance
- They aren’t transparent and that’s why could be an alternative when you need a breezy makeover.
- Enriched with Pro vitamin E and jojoba oil
- Nourishes and hydrates your skin
- Acts as a natural moisturiser
- It can be used as a base for any harsh lipstick
- It can be used alone as it imparts beautiful shades
- Very reasonable
- Fruity fragrance
- You should apply 2-3 times for long term maintenance
Winter Rules On Lips
Everything has its own ruling capacity and that’s the fact. I do not know whether lips rule in winter or not, but winter definitely does rules on our lips. It literally decides the lip-fashion – as it gives goals by redoing Chapped Monday, No Pink Tuesday, Dry Wednesday, Dark Thursday , Wrinkly Friday , Saturated Saturday or Subtle Sunday !!
Not just for the appearance but it’s a must on a proper maintenance of lips, especially in winters as it is a victim of many disorders. No matter how much we try to protect, it just wouldn’t budge. So here are few tips that could help in maintaining the natural lips that we already have !
- Choose the right balm – not only brand wise, but ingredients- wise as well. Please always check the Ingredients which would be listed either on the back of the pack or on the site you ordered. Try asking the store manager if you are buying in person. Or please visit critik.in as it delivers the accurate information. Stay away from lip balms containing menthol, eucalyptus, camphor etc – as it promotes dryness, which is a huge chaotic subject in winter !
- When you moisturise your lips, make sure you add sunscreen on it. As it can train your lips in terms of its condition, colour and it can treat well
- Just as how Vitamin C is vital and essential for our skin as it compliments our skin and literally promotes healthy and glowing skin, Vitamin A is essential for our lips as well. Make sure you add in a lot of healthy choices in your diet like dairy products, and carrots for healthy lips
- Try not picking/licking your lips , as it is a habit which does a huge mess. It can make your lips worse and makes it more weird and dry. They literally make your lips dark as well. Hence please don’t make it a habit as it makes the lips irritated
- Make sure you hydrate yourself enough during winters. Because lip care doesn’t mean to apply it always, as it can get better by keeping our inner organs in track as well. Naturally if we are hydrated always, it reflects on our lips and makes it avoid dryness and a lot of things as well
- Make sure you don’t entertain your dry lips for a long time as it can get really serious. If you are not having any changes even after home remedies and following a proper lifestyle, then
please visit a dermatologist.
- For having glowing pink lips we can use milk, rose petals and honey as an alternative. Either apply honey as it can be an amazing moisturiser as it makes your skin soft, supple and kissable ! You can use it as an exfoliating agent as well. Or try rose petals blended in milk and add this mask as it makes your lips radiant and beautiful
- You can see a lot of lip balms contain primarily Aloe Vera extracts as an ingredient. That’s because it’s useful in real life as well! They are the natural moisturisers.
- Sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent and no one will ever deny. It can remove dead skin cells from within – which is the primary reason for dark lips. Exfoliate it either with lemon and honey or with beetroot juice and see the magic
- Tomato juice contains Vitamin C and Tartaric acid – which promotes healthy and good looking skin as it enhances lightening and brightening properties naturally. They are high in antioxidants as well. Make a paste or a mark out of it with turmeric and witness the magic in your lips within 30mins!
- Almond oil and olive oil is excellent for lips as well. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and hydrates, nourishes and makes lips so light and bright. You can use it as your natural lip balm.
- Pomegranates ,and beet roots are a life savour for many. Remember how we can use it as a hack for an emergency call? Well it can save time and efforts for suitable lips all day
Lip balm should be treated as a skin care rather than treating it as a cosmetic product. As it gets obvious how lips can get so unhealthy in terms of many side effects, not having a proper diet to the body, usage of nicotine, using cheap products which can be very dangerous to the skin. There are many people who are fooled with the fake first copy products of popular brands. Which is when you should know where to buy and trust me, investment on such products is always beneficial so never have second thoughts about it. Which is why we analyse and properly list you the products based on categories which would fit your budget. And the products you have seen have just slight differences which can be overlooked a little bit.
So stay healthy, stay beautiful and stay wise – The actual mantras of being sexy !