We all know the pain of cutting ourselves with a shaving blade or accidentally grazing our skin while using a pair of scissors. My mother cut my hair until I was 12 because she was afraid that the lady at the salon would injure my ears while doing so.
Luckily, technological advancements today have brought us the beauty that are hair trimmers. Sure, the sound that the trimmer makes is quite scary (ask my 2-year-old nephew), but the finish is so worth it.
The use of hair trimmers has been on the rise in India, so we at Critik have compiled a list of the best ones available in today’s market. Read on to find a hair trimmer that will undoubtedly suit all your needs!
What to look for in a trimmer
Before you go on to read about all the different kinds of trimmers available in India in 2020, you should educate yourself on the key ingredients that set a great trimmer apart from an average trimmer.
Firstly, the blades. Most blades in trimmers are made of steel. It is good to look for trimmers with stainless steel blades. If you find trimmers with blades that have a layer of titanium on them, you’ve pretty much hit the jackpot when it comes to blades.
Secondly, there’s the battery life. Any battery life upwards of 50 minutes is considered to be good. You also want to look for trimmers with relatively less charging time. It is also great if you buy trimmers with enhanced battery life.
Next up on the list is length settings. You must look for a trimmer with the highest number of length setting as they will facilitate a good number of styles.
These are the basics of what you need to look for in a trimmer. Everything else that you get along with these is a bonus. So keep an eye out!
10 Best Hair Trimmers in India
Hair trimmers can be used on anyone and everyone, and they are convenience at its true form. They give you a neat, even cut and there’s minimal room for error. Unless you’re just a clumsy person, in which case scissors and blades are a big no-no for you. You’re probably better off using the trimmer.
People use trimmers for a number of different reasons and one person’s trimmer needs will not necessarily be the same as the next person’s trimmer requirements. So it is fair that there are a lot of trimmers that satisfy these needs.
With the huge array of trimmers out there, it is difficult for one to make a choice and find just the right trimmer for them. We at Critik have put together a list of trimmers that caters to a diverse group of people with different needs.
Now that that’s out of the way, here are the best hair trimmers in India…
1. Kemei KM-27C Hair Trimmer
- Low maintenance with an easily cleanable head
- The blade can be adjusted by rotating it
- Has up to four length adjustments
- Has a blade made out of stainless steel
- Fit for both sexes
- Runs for 55 minutes after full charge
2. VEGA T-1 Beard Trimmer
- Contains blades made of stainless steel
- Has 1 comb with up to 23 length settings
- Has a special ergonomic contour design
- Runs for 40 minutes after full charge
3. Ustraa Chrome Beard Trimmer
- Three combs with up to four length settings
- The blades are T-shaped.
- Battery life expanded by protection from over-charging
- Comb locking mechanism included
- Self-sharpening blades with a coat of titanium
- Includes LED battery display
- Runs for 90 to 120 minutes after full charge
4. Philips QP2525/10 OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer
- Shaving, styling and trimming is taken care of by a single blade
- Dual-sided blades make it easy to see each hair that you wish to trim
- You can use this trimmer with or without foam
- Replacement blade is included
- There are three click-on combs
- Blade doesn’t get close to skin as conventional blades, leaving skin free of any irritation
- Runs 45 minutes after full charge
5. Havells Rechargeable Beard Trimmer (BT9005)
- The comb contains a zoom wheel attachment
- There are length settings from 0.5 mm to 10 mm with a step length of 0.5 mm
- The blade is made of stainless steel
- Makes use of a lithium-ion battery
- Runs for 50 minutes after full charge
6. GADGETRONICS Beard/Hair Trimmer
- This trimmer contains blades made of titanium
- Contains a charging indicator
- Has 5 length settings
- Runs up to 45 minutes after full charge
7. Philips BT1210 Beard Trimmer
- Ergonomic design helps get those hard-to-reach areas and promotes easy grip
- Contains a charging indicator
- The blades in this trimmer come with rounded tips
- Contains a zoom wheel which helps you achieve anything ranging from a 3-day shadow trim to a full beard
- Detachable head facilitates easy cleaning and maintenance
- Has up to 10 length settings
- Runs for 30 minutes after full charge
8. SYSKA HT1309 Hair/Beard Trimmer
- Contains an in-built comb for stubble
- Self-sharpening stainless steel cutting blade
- A larger surface area can be trimmed at once
- Unbreakable ABS plastic has been used to make gliding comb
- Easy maintenance with included cleaning brush
- Runs for up to 60 minutes after full charge
9. Xmate Quik Beard Trimmer
- Maintains peak power until the end of battery charge
- Made of ABS plastic which is extremely durable
- The head can be separated into parts and cleaned
- Comb has a locking feature
- Length settings range from 1 mm to 20 mm
- Blades are made of stainless steel and are at a 45 degree angle
- Runs for up to 120 minutes after full charge
10. NOVA NHT-1045 Beard Trimmer
- Has 9 length settings from 2 mm to 18 mm
- Durable titanium coated blades
- Has a lift and trim mechanism
- Battery life is enhanced with the help of turbo power technology
- The attachments that come with the trimmer are all washable
- Runs for up to 30 minutes after full charge
And there you have it, folks! We have covered trimmers available in India that will cater to the needs of every kind of person. We hope you found this article useful. Trimmers have surely become one of the most (if not the most) popular methods of grooming in the world today.
So get on with the times and start using an amazing trimmer! Whether you care about price or brand, there is a trimmer up in this article for you and careful reading would have led you to it! Do check out our articles on epilators too if you’re into that kind of grooming. Happy trimming, y’all!